PDA

View Full Version : Bin Laden Raid being made into a movie.

DocHolliday01
08-11-11, 01:37
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/08/10/homeland-security-chair-seeks-probe-into-administration-sanctioned-bin-laden/?test=latestnews

Apparently the director of "The Hurt Locker" is going to direct it. It sounds like she was also given intimate details about the raid from members of the Obama administration.

I'm sure glad these asshats gives a shit more about the spotlight than keeping secrets, secrets. :rolleyes:

lloydkristmas
08-11-11, 04:29
Thats a shame. Aside from wanting to see the pictures of his corpse, I dont think the rest needs to be "visualized". Stuff like this is always better with a little bit of speculation and mystery to it.

I'm sure what we will get is a trivialized version of the story with actors like Paul Walker and Ja Rule forming a 'diverse' group of SEALs who shout phrases like "lets get some!" while firing M4's with C-more sights from the hip, in full auto.

I suppose with a good director and very high quality technical advisors, this film could turn out okay, but I will not be holding my breath on that one.

ETA - how would they even turn this into a full length movie? If anything that we have been told is remotely accurate, the raid went down without much trouble at all, and what, 4 or so bad guys were shot? They're gonna have to triple the number of hadjis in the 'compound' in order to keep the attention of the gamer geeks that will inevitably flock to this film.

Iraqgunz
08-11-11, 04:54
Because they will sensationalize it and dramatize it like everything else until a fingerpainting resembles a Pablo Picasso masterpiece.

Thats a shame. Aside from wanting to see the pictures of his corpse, I dont think the rest needs to be "visualized". Stuff like this is always better with a little bit of speculation and mystery to it.

I'm sure what we will get is a trivialized version of the story with actors like Paul Walker and Ja Rule forming a 'diverse' group of SEALs who shout phrases like "lets get some!" while firing M4's with C-more sights from the hip, in full auto.

I suppose with a good director and very high quality technical advisors, this film could turn out okay, but I will not be holding my breath on that one.

ETA - how would they even turn this into a full length movie? If anything that we have been told is remotely accurate, the raid went down without much trouble at all, and what, 4 or so bad guys were shot? They're gonna have to triple the number of hadjis in the 'compound' in order to keep the attention of the gamer geeks that will inevitably flock to this film.

Palmguy
08-11-11, 05:13
Apparently the director of "The Hurt Locker" is going to direct it. It sounds like she was also given intimate details about the raid from members of the Obama administration.

I'm sure glad these asshats gives a shit more about the spotlight than keeping secrets, secrets. :rolleyes:

Don't forget, it comes out about a month before the 2012 Presidential Election.

Suwannee Tim
08-11-11, 12:11
.......how would they even turn this into a full length movie? If anything that we have been told is remotely accurate, the raid went down without much trouble at all, and what, 4 or so bad guys were shot?.......

The main part of the movie will be about the President who assembled and trained the team. I wonder if the President will play himself.

I wonder if they are going to leave out the part where Leon Panetta orders the raid and challenges the President to cancel it.

lloydkristmas
08-11-11, 12:12
The main part of the movie will be about the President who assembled and trained the team. I wonder if the President will play himself?

Probably Will Smith, or maybe Ludacris

jwfuhrman
08-11-11, 12:21
I don't remember what movies I've seen him in, or his name, but there is an actor out there who has a very passing resemblance to Barry....

Probably be done alot like the first episode of the TV show "The Unit" where the raid on the airplane is the last 10 min of the show, the rest if an intro to the team, and other characters. Im sure the last 30min will be action packed, drama filled as the "SEALS" file on to their helicopters and take off for a secret raid, and after they lift off they are told the objective, and the chopper is filled with shouts and cheers and dramatic music begins to play, and even more dramatic music plays as the blackhawk crash lands, and the raid begins.

dookie1481
08-11-11, 15:47
I don't remember what movies I've seen him in, or his name, but there is an actor out there who has a very passing resemblance to Barry....

The guy who played Commander Locke from the Matrix sequels. Dead ringer.

Suwannee Tim
08-11-11, 17:12
The only person on this Earth who is greater than Predident Obama is President Putin. He went scuba diving and discovered two ancient Greek urns (http://news.yahoo.com/photos/putin-discovers-greek-urns-in-black-sea-1313085406-slideshow/). "What's so special about that?" you might ask. What is so special is that if you or I or any other mere mortal discovered such, they would be coated with marine life. The jars President Putin found look like they came right off a museum shelf. Yep.

jwfuhrman
08-11-11, 19:19
The guy who played Commander Locke from the Matrix sequels. Dead ringer.

YES! Thats him!!!!

dookie1481
08-11-11, 20:40
YES! Thats him!!!!

It's funny watching those movies now and seeing how much he looks like Obama.

The Cat
08-11-11, 20:50
It'll probably be a michael bay-like CGI-fest.

Mr. Goodtimes
08-11-11, 20:56
The hurt locker sucked ass so, I don't have much hope for this movie. In fact, the last movie I saw that was worth a shit was The Bourne Ultimatum.

The_War_Wagon
08-11-11, 21:11
Ohh yeahhhhhhh... pass the popcorn, and the KOOL-AID - you KNOW who the STAR will be... :rolleyes:

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc305/The_War_Wagon/obama-geronimo.jpg

lloydkristmas
08-12-11, 01:33
On a similar note, werent there talks of making a movie about Operation Red Wings?

It seems to me if some of these more modern military stories were brought to the screen in a style similar to Band of Brothers, they might actually make for an effective story. Even still, I think they'd be better off untouched by Hollywood. I hope that the sacrifices of these men arent reduced to summer blockbuster status like "Green Zone" etc

Suwannee Tim
08-12-11, 04:46
My dread is that the sacrifices of the SEALs will be reduced to a re-election campaign ploy and worse, the sacrifices of our brave men and women who have served in Iraq and Afghanistan will be wasted when the President pulls our forces out, not due to military considerations but political considerations. I fear we are going to hand the enemy (Iran) a victory they did not earn just as we did in Vietnam.

WillBrink
08-12-11, 07:21
My only question: what took them so long??!!! :rolleyes:

F-ing leaches...

Watrdawg
08-12-11, 08:45
The really sad part of all of this is that the Pres. is using this to try to help his re-election. The October release date wasn't picked by accident.

Denzel Washington also looks a bit like Barry.

Ironman8
08-12-11, 09:08
The really sad part of all of this is that the Pres. is using this to try to help his re-election. The October release date wasn't picked by accident.

Exactly, it was most def not an accident.

And I think you're giving prez WAY too much credit! :no:

lloydkristmas
08-12-11, 10:46

Unlike Obama, Denzel Washington actually actively supports our troops, and is not ashamed to admit it.

Watrdawg
08-12-11, 11:54
Unlike Obama, Denzel Washington actually actively supports our troops, and is not ashamed to admit it.

That is one good thing about Washington.

Moose-Knuckle
08-13-11, 03:39
I wonder if the movie will include Biden's blown OPSEC, the accounts of OBLs death ten years prior to the raid, or circumstances surrounding the raid like NO BODY, DNA verification at Jerry Bruckheimer's CSI speed, oh and the fact that majority of the team members on the raid were recently KILLED.

variablebinary
08-13-11, 13:06
That is one good thing about Washington.

In addition to being a great actor, donating millions to charity, doing public service often, being to the same women forever despite fame and fortune.

And...being a good actor with staying power.

RogerinTPA
08-13-11, 16:12
This is all designed to be released just prior to the 2012 elections to give POTUS a boost. Absolutely despicable. :bad:

Ironman8
08-13-11, 16:59
I wonder if the movie will include Biden's blown OPSEC, the accounts of OBLs death ten years prior to the raid, or circumstances surrounding the raid like NO BODY, DNA verification at Jerry Bruckheimer's CSI speed, oh and the fact that majority of the team members on the raid were recently KILLED.

Is that right? I was under the impression that that particular team wasn't on that chopper? Either way, true or not, I still think something stinks...

Suwannee Tim
08-13-11, 18:34
The Left can be very smart but they can also be very stupid and that stupidity often manifests itself as overreach. I see this movie, a thinly varnished Obama re-election propaganda film emerging as the US enters it's fourth year of a faltering economy and a deteriorating security situation in Iraq and Afghanistan putting the lie to the movie's depiction of the President as an effective leader.

Moose-Knuckle
08-14-11, 01:48
Is that right? I was under the impression that that particular team wasn't on that chopper? Either way, true or not, I still think something stinks...

According to an AP article on Yahoo:

KABUL, Afghanistan (AP) — A military helicopter was shot down in eastern Afghanistan, killing 31 U.S. special operation troops, most of them from the elite Navy SEALs unit that killed al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden, along with seven Afghan commandos. It was the deadliest single incident for American forces in the decade-long war. . .

http://news.yahoo.com/31-americans-7-afghans-killed-helicopter-crash-145151275.html

But then there is this. . .

None of Navy SEALS killed in Afghanistan were part of team that killed Osama bin Laden, but belonged to same elite unit

http://www.cleveland.com/world/index.ssf/2011/08/none_of_navy_seals_killed_in_a.html

Honestly, other than team members and JSOC heads. . .who knows?

Mr. Goodtimes
08-14-11, 19:13
I find it hard to believe that the government would fake the killing of Bin Laden and then kill off the SEALS that executed the raid in a tragic helicopter crash all in an effort to tie up loose ends a la Bourne Identity style. The SEAL community is a small and very tight community. It wouldn't go over well if they found out 31 of their brothers were killed in the biggest government coverup in existence. There is no way it would stay secrete. In fact, I would bet it wouldn't just go over "not so well." it would probably go over quite shitty. Lets take off the tin foil hats.

DEVGRU is not a big community. The platoon that was behind the Bin Laden raid was likely on rotation in Afghanistan which means that it's an even smaller community, thus it would seem that some, if not a good portion of the SEALS involved in that helicopter crash had to have been involved in the raid.

Here's what I think happened. We killed Bin Laden; the chosen one will release the photos around election time to help get him re elected. Bin Laden was a very important figure in the Jihad world. The SEALS that were shot down were probably shot down from leaked information that came from an Afghan on the inside who wanted revenge. Killing Bin Laden may have changed some Afghans minds... Somebody likely leaked information as revenge. I think there is also a pretty good chance that the rocket that destroyed the helicopter was a SAM and not an RPG... and it's probably pretty safe to say it got into the hands of said lucky goat ****er via some kind helping hearts over in Iran, originating from old mother Russia.

Moose-Knuckle
08-15-11, 01:14
I find it hard to believe that the government would fake the killing of Bin Laden and then kill off the SEALS that executed the raid in a tragic helicopter crash all in an effort to tie up loose ends a la Bourne Identity style. The SEAL community is a small and very tight community. It wouldn't go over well if they found out 31 of their brothers were killed in the biggest government coverup in existence. There is no way it would stay secrete. In fact, I would bet it wouldn't just go over "not so well." it would probably go over quite shitty. Lets take off the tin foil hats.

DEVGRU is not a big community. The platoon that was behind the Bin Laden raid was likely on rotation in Afghanistan which means that it's an even smaller community, thus it would seem that some, if not a good portion of the SEALS involved in that helicopter crash had to have been involved in the raid.

Here's what I think happened. We killed Bin Laden; the chosen one will release the photos around election time to help get him re elected. Bin Laden was a very important figure in the Jihad world. The SEALS that were shot down were probably shot down from leaked information that came from an Afghan on the inside who wanted revenge. Killing Bin Laden may have changed some Afghans minds... Somebody likely leaked information as revenge. I think there is also a pretty good chance that the rocket that destroyed the helicopter was a SAM and not an RPG... and it's probably pretty safe to say it got into the hands of said lucky goat ****er via some kind helping hearts over in Iran, originating from old mother Russia.

Very good points all round. What ever the truth is, We The People sure as hell will never know.

Once the movie is out, EVERYONE will take it as an accurate account of things as most do with the offerings coming out of Hollywood.