PDA

View Full Version : 2 O'Clock Ejection But No Malfunctions

saddlerocker
08-11-11, 16:36
So I have a BCM 16" Midlength with a PSA Premium BCG.
I eject 5.56 at 2'Oclock, and various .223 at about 2:30

I havnt had a malfunction of any kind through about 500 rounds.
Should I bother getting an H buffer, The signs are there that I could use one, but it aint broke so should I try to fix it?

Thanks in advance

glocktogo
08-11-11, 17:24
Uprating to an "H" buffer would possibly increase the longevity of your parts. More importantly, it would probably smooth out the action cycle, allowing you to get back on target quicker for follow up shots.

GTifosi
08-11-11, 17:38
I coulda sworn I read something here that basically stated that if you had to have a certain point of ejection, 1:30~2:30 was about ideal, otherwise don't really worry about it unless its actually bending brass on the deflector if present.

EDIT:
Link (http://www.armalite.com/images/Tech%20Notes%5CTech%20Note%2034,%20Adjusting%20the%20Ejection%20Pattern%20of%20the%20AR-10%20%E2%80%A6.pdf) to an Armalite PDF file that describes thier intended pattern.
It written for AR-10, but is relevant to AR-15, M16, etc. and says as much in the third paragraph.

Late Edit:
And while the thought is there, give it some more time to settle in as I don't believe 500 rounds could really be considered 'broken in' yet.

mtdawg169
08-11-11, 18:27
As long as you aren't having any malfunctions, you're fine. Don't worry about the pattern so much as function will tell you if you have a real problem. Those who have subscribed to the ejection pattern chart as a means to diagnose an unseen problem with their rifle have been misled. Don't waste time trying to figure out if you have an issue based on ejection pattern alone. Your rifle is fine.

Dionysusigma
08-11-11, 19:05
^This. I don't care all that much where my brass goes so long as it's outside the gun by the time the next round is loading.

SA80Dan
08-11-11, 21:46
Your rifle is fine as is. If you want to tinker and try to soften the recoil impulse, then by all means get a H buffer and give it a go - but only do this if you have got the time and inclination to prove the benefit and function to yourself at the range.

These questions can never be fully answered on a forum as each rifle is different.

Iraqgunz
08-12-11, 01:39
I know this has been discussed a few times here. IMHO unless your weapon is exhibiting problems, leave it alone and don't worry about it. More importantly I would establish what ammo functions reliably in your weapon. Everything else is a waste of brain power.