PDA

View Full Version : AR-15 Pistol grip question

pm40
08-11-11, 16:42
I recently purchased a Ergo Pistol grip for one of my carbines. Also had bought a Magpul pistol grip in the past. I had the same issue w/both of them. When installed my safety lever is loose. It seems that the grip's w/the beaver tail (For lack of better words) don't want to tighten up enough to keep this from happaning.(They don't keep enough tension on the safely spring) I've bought Houge grips that don't have the back strap and they are fine.
Anyone have this issue? And is it even anything to be concerned with?

tpdavis89
08-11-11, 16:55
My guess is that your selector detent and spring are either installed incorrectly or were not installed at all in your lower receiver when you changed to the new pistol grip.

I would looking there first.

BCmJUnKie
08-11-11, 16:59
Thats what I was gonna say. Is the Detent and spring reversed?

JasonM
08-11-11, 17:04
Thats what I was gonna say. Is the Detent and spring reversed?

Or caught between the gun and the grip?

pm40
08-12-11, 03:00
No,put it back together just like it came out. Detent 1st,spring second.

rob_s
08-12-11, 05:02
pictures of the misaligned grips would help. As would knowing the make of the lower and any other aftermarket or oddball parts installed like triggerguards.

markm
08-12-11, 08:49
I recently purchased a Ergo Pistol grip for one of my carbines.

You shouldn't have done that. Most people will give you their old ones for free. I've been offered them several times! :D

hotrodder636
08-12-11, 16:57
I installed a Tango Down battle grip on my carbine, and installed the detent correctly followed by the spring and my safety lever was significantly more stiff. I took the spring and cut two rounds out of it and the lever works smooth as butter now....maybe the spring houseing was cut a bit deep?