PDA

View Full Version : Gen.3 slide on Gen.2 frame?

number1olddog
08-13-11, 11:29
I am looking to get a Glock frame and I found a 3 pin Gen.2 locally and the price is about $175. for the frame. It is in decent shape but will it function just fine on my Gen.3 slide assembly?

MWL
08-13-11, 14:00
It should be ok. I say should be, because I do not have any Gen2s to try, but my early (serial number BH 5??) Gen1 would interchange with all of my Gen3s.

Someone should be along shortly who can confirm this with regard to Gen2/3s.

Regards.

Mark

demkofour
08-13-11, 19:36
I sent my issue Gen2 G19 (sn#ANL***US) to GLOCK years ago to have the original two pin frame replaced with a new (then) three pin railed frame. (What was to become the Gen3.) My reasoning was to run the pistol with a light. Anyhow, GLOCK made the switch and the pistol has been running effortless as always. Not quite the setup you are doing but there should be no problems with the combo...

militarymoron
08-13-11, 21:10
FWIW, i have a gen 2 G19 and gen 3 G19, and have swapped frames/slides and shot them without any issue. the slide and barrel assemblies look identical to me (visual inspection).

rauchman
08-15-11, 10:39
I have a Gen2 G19 that I shattered the breach area on (too many dry fires w/out snap caps). Sent the pistol to Glock and it came back w/ a Gen3 slide. Works like a champ.

rathos
08-18-11, 15:45
As a few have said here, they should work fine. I tried this with a g17 my buddy had and it worked fine. There were a few minor differences between the frames that could be seen, but nothing that affects the slide working.

if I get out there any time soon again I will take pictures to show you what I am talking about.