PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Weaver 1.5-6 Super slam?

blasternank
08-14-11, 20:28
I was looking at scopes like the Leupold var x r 1.25 - 4 but would like a little more magnification like the 2-7. I just saw the weaver super slam 1.5-6. It's a 30 mm tube which I like. I wanted an illuminated reticule for pig hunting. Anyone have any experiences with this scope? I thought I could pull double duty with it as a possible 3 gun scope as well but not sure. Does anyone know how the dot size compares to the Leupold var x r? I like that size dot.

Thanks for anything you can share with me on this scope.

Alaskapopo
08-14-11, 21:22
I was looking at scopes like the Leupold var x r 1.25 - 4 but would like a little more magnification like the 2-7. I just saw the weaver super slam 1.5-6. It's a 30 mm tube which I like. I wanted an illuminated reticule for pig hunting. Anyone have any experiences with this scope? I thought I could pull double duty with it as a possible 3 gun scope as well but not sure. Does anyone know how the dot size compares to the Leupold var x r? I like that size dot.

Thanks for anything you can share with me on this scope.

Your better served in three gun with having 1x on the bottom then having 6x on the top. I like both so I run a Swarovski 1-6. But if you can't get that get a 1-4. I have tried 1.5-5 and 1.25-4 and its not as fast for me.
Pat

danish
08-15-11, 06:22
I have this optic on my three-gun rifle and find it perfect for the job. Not having a 1x at the bottom on the magnification doesn't bother me any and hasn't caused any problems during matches. The scope is very well built but does come in a little hefty on the weight side. This is not a bench scope with the center dot being just a little big to try to shoot groups since it covers six inches at full magnification. The illuminated reticle is easily washed out in full sun but in low light (when you need it) it's more than visible with the two color options. The target turrets come in handy for switching between loads and the changing zeros that come with it. This optic would be suited great for hog hunting and has proven itself in three-gun for me as well so buy with confidence...

Alaskapopo
08-15-11, 10:21
The OP should try some of each for himself. Most three gunners prefer 1x on the low end.
Pat