PDA

View Full Version : My First "Middy"

dcannon1
08-14-11, 21:55
Just got the last of the new FDE furniture in for my Daniel Defense M4V5.

Picked this little gal up a couple weeks ago.

Daniel Defense M4V5
w/ the following mods:
Magpul ACS Stock
Magpul MOE Grip
Magpul MBUS BUIS
Magpul RVG
Aimpoint PRO
TLR-3 Light

Don't plan on doing anything else to it. Set this one up to be my new "go to all purpose rifle"

I've only had a chance to shoot it at 25yds, but the mid length gas system is really smooth for rapid fire shots at that range. Really impressed with Daniel Defense so far.

http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g340/k0pper/IMG_20110809_232458.jpg

JR TACTICAL
08-14-11, 22:21
Just got the last of the new FDE furniture in for my Daniel Defense M4V5.

Picked this little gal up a couple weeks ago.

Daniel Defense M4V5
w/ the following mods:
Magpul ACS Stock
Magpul MOE Grip
Magpul MBUS BUIS
Magpul RVG
Aimpoint PRO
TLR-3 Light

Don't plan on doing anything else to it. Set this one up to be my new "go to all purpose rifle"

I've only had a chance to shoot it at 25yds, but the mid length gas system is really smooth for rapid fire shots at that range. Really impressed with Daniel Defense so far.

http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g340/k0pper/IMG_20110809_232458.jpg

Looks great!!! Almost the exact same setup I ran a few months ago. I love the V5 upper, I sold mine and ordered pretty much the same set up although I went with a 14.5 barrel with a perm smith vortex and I went with the RIS II M4A1 rail just to try something new. It will be here wednesday...I cant freekin' wait.

I love you new rifle man, have fun with her, she wont let you down. I never had one problem with my V5

JW1069
08-15-11, 08:08
Sometimes you just hit the first pitch right out of the ball park. Great rifle!

yunggunz
08-15-11, 10:06
Does the ACS stock balance out the rifle better than the MOE that came with it?

Hound_Dog
08-15-11, 16:48
Tad bit of advice,

If you plan to run it hard and ever need to replace worn parts, measure the gas tube before ordering. There is not an industry standard (yet) for the length of middy gas tubes.

Ask me how I know :rolleyes:

RichDC2
08-15-11, 17:56
can you elaborate? As far as i know only Noveske and KAC have their own midlegnth systems. Everything else should be standard.
Tad bit of advice,

If you plan to run it hard and ever need to replace worn parts, measure the gas tube before ordering. There is not an industry standard (yet) for the length of middy gas tubes.

Ask me how I know :rolleyes:

dcannon1
08-16-11, 11:17
Sometimes you just hit the first pitch right out of the ball park. Great rifle!

Thanks! I'm pretty happy with it so far

dcannon1
08-16-11, 11:18
Does the ACS stock balance out the rifle better than the MOE that came with it?

Yeah it really does. Even though the Daniel Defense rail is extremely light for a rifle length rail was still a little front heavy, especially given how light the MOE stock it came with is.