PDA

View Full Version : Moving away from IL and FOID

mentalplane
08-14-11, 22:47
Deciding to move out of Illinois and move to Vegas. My FOID is good for about another 8 years. What exactly do I do about this card when I leave the state? I'm thinking maybe I'd come back to IL one day after 5 yrs or so and the renewal process of the FOID is so much easier then reapplying.

Mat
08-15-11, 12:28
I recently left Illinois as well but have no plans on moving back. I logged onto the Illinois State Police website to change my FOID address so that it doesn't have a fraudulent address. You might want to call them to get a straight answer about your particular situation.

trauma
01-31-12, 21:33
Illinois sucks, I'm moving in 3 months to Arizona or Utah.

LOOK UP hb-1294 rights going to be annihilated
http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/BillStatus.asp?DocNum=1294&GAID=11&DocTypeID=HB&SessionID=84&GA=97

glocktogo
01-31-12, 22:33
Burn it so you'll have more incentive to never return! :)

Battle*Hound
02-23-12, 12:06
Burn it so you'll have more incentive to never return! :)

AGREED!!

I am on the five year plan. I hope by then I will be able to sell the house without too much loss. Even if it's just to get across the river to Iowa. The politics of Chicago have ****ed this entire state for far too long. I want out!!:mad:

chitownpig
02-27-12, 06:19
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who feels this way about this state. I can't wait to get out of here unfortunately its not going to happen for some time. If you don't have to live in Illinois for work or family reasons there is absolutely no reason whatsoever to live here. Sadly Chicago is what messes it up for much of the rest of the state.

Abraxas
02-27-12, 07:29
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who feels this way about this state. I can't wait to get out of here unfortunately its not going to happen for some time. If you don't have to live in Illinois for work or family reasons there is absolutely no reason whatsoever to live here. Sadly Chicago is what messes it up for much of the rest of the state.

Well Chicago and Springfield. To the OP, glocktogo has it right, leave that state and never look back. I drive longer miles sometimes on trips simply to avoid that godforsaken state. Never had a good experience there.

Heidevolk
02-27-12, 07:32
You have the most ancient of dilemmas, "fight or flight" ;)

Bad Medicine
03-02-12, 09:58
Hey I have exactly one year to this month to leave, unfortunately I will probably PCS to pendleton which sucks but it is better than here. There is nothing gun owner friendly in this state, from statewide handgun registry they are trying to implement to that stupid foid card they use to track gun owners. I want out, and I will never look back on this hole! There is my rant! For gun owners who are staying I salute you! You have a lot more patience for this place than I ever will.