PDA

View Full Version : Colt 6450 9mm Carbines - scope

sysmark
08-15-11, 14:13
I just purchased Colt 6450 9mm Carbines and I am wondering if there is a scope that can be mounted to it?

kwelz
08-15-11, 14:38
I just purchased Colt 6450 9mm Carbines and I am wondering if there is a scope that can be mounted to it?

Your question is a bit vague. What is the intended purpose of the carbine. What range will you be shooting at? What experience do you already have?

There are a number of options both as the gun sets and with some modifications. But without more info we can't give good advice.

sysmark
08-15-11, 15:08
Your question is a bit vague. What is the intended purpose of the carbine. What range will you be shooting at? What experience do you already have?

There are a number of options both as the gun sets and with some modifications. But without more info we can't give good advice.
just for target shooting at max 100yrds.

I went a range and found that at 50 yards I was having difficulty getting a decent grouping. and at 100 yards I could barely hit the target.
I have only shot it twice, once indoor range @ 25yds got 3.5" grouping which I thought was decent, when I shot at 25yds outdoor range I got a 4"-5" grouping since the target was slightly swinging. at 50 yrds the grouping was 5"-8" had a very hard time focusing on the sights and target, @ 100 yrd I could not focus both on the sight and find the target and hit or miss the target.
The existing sight is fixed to the handle and the handle is fixed. I really do not want to spend money to modify the gun any further, but would like to get some kind of scope so I can see the target at 100 yrds
Thanks

kwelz
08-15-11, 15:52
A few things.

1: Even though it is fired out of a carbine we are still talking about a pistol round here. Shots are possible at 100 Yards but it isn't going to be the same as a rifle round.

2: Without modifying the weapon your choices are limited. Fixed Carry handles force you to put the optic pretty high and the AR already has pretty high sights.

I am not sure why you are having trouble with the sights. They are no different than any other irons.

I still think your best bet is to get a stripped flattop upper and replace the carry handle upper. You can then sell the carry handle upper and make most of your money back. Stripped flat tops can be had for less than $100

Failing in that you can look at some of the goose-neck style mounts out there. I am not even sure who still makes them. Maybe A.R.M.S.?

Optic Wise I suggest a simple Red Dot. An Aimpoint PRO would probably be my choice for your weapon.

sysmark
08-15-11, 16:09
Thanks for the info, much oblige

djegators
08-15-11, 19:29
An easy solution, although less than ideal in my opinion, would be to mount an Aimpoint Micro RDS on the carry handle.

Would look something like this:

http://ultimak.com/products/ARMS-2inst.jpg

sysmark
08-15-11, 20:31
Thank you, now I see how it would look, it does look a little cumbersome

punkkin
08-15-11, 21:03
An easy solution, although less than ideal in my opinion, would be to mount an Aimpoint Micro RDS on the carry handle.

Would look something like this:

http://ultimak.com/products/ARMS-2inst.jpg

That's not a bad setup for a fixed CH. :)

eta: will a cheek riser be needed?

sysmark
08-15-11, 21:08
I checked out Aimpoint Micro RDS they are pricey and I could not find any one selling it. Any one know a place to buy this or an alternative?

mkmckinley
08-20-11, 09:08
Try gandrtactical.com

Order a Flat top upper, an H-1, and a Larue LT-660 mount.