PDA

View Full Version : Florida Members: Celebrate Veterans Day With The Navy SEALS............

5POINT56
11-03-07, 09:31
Ft. Pierce Florida, next weekend, the Navy SEAL/UDT Museum in Ft. Pierce will be hosting their annual Muster and this year its going to be kick ass.

www.navysealmuseum.com/ (http://www.navysealmuseum.com/)

ANNUAL MUSTER PROMISES TO BE BIGGEST AND BEST YET

Fort Pierce, FL October 10, 2007 – The Navy UDT-SEAL Museum’s 22nd Annual Muster, which will take place on November 10, promises to be the best one yet. Rudy Boesch, from the CBS hit series “Survivor: Borneo”, is attending as well as bestselling author Marcus Luttrell whose book “Lone Survivor: The Eyewitness Account of Operation Redwing and the Lost Heroes of SEAL Team 10” rose to #1 on the New York Times. Richard Marcinko, founder of the US Navy’s elite counter-terrorism unit “SEAL Team 6”, and author of the bestselling “Rogue Warrior” series, will also be in attendance. The Museum is also proud to host the Navy’s SEAL Accelerator, which contains an interactive challenge complete with pull-ups, push-ups, sit-ups, and rope climb.

Keeping in line with tradition, Muster will be kicked off with the annual 5K run/walk along the beach on Saturday morning, November 10. The race, which begins at 7AM (with registration starting at 6AM) features awards for the top finishers. The ceremonies and demonstration will start when the Navy’s Parachute Team comprised entirely of special operations Sailors, the “Leapfrogs”, will parachute onto the Museum grounds. Following this, there will be a live demonstration by Navy SEALs, featuring a building assault, sniper demonstration, and simulated engagement with close air support.
“This is going to be really cool” one Museum patron said. “It is the perfect combination of hands on activities and demonstrations. I can’t wait to try the Accelerator”. Inside the "Accelerator” there is a virtual tour experience. Video, mannequins, and an interactive career information center simulate what a job in special warfare or operations would be like.

Recruiters also allow potential enlistees to have their picture taken and placed into a background that simulates what they would look like in uniform. Patrick Wong, an avid supporter of the Museum remarked, “This year’s annual Muster is going to be unbelievable! I cannot think of anywhere else where you can learn this much and have fun doing it at the same time! I have no idea how they plan to top this one.”

The Navy UDT-SEAL Museum is the only museum dedicated to preserving the history of the Navy SEALs and their predecessors, including the Underwater Demolition Teams, Naval Combat Demolition Units, Office of Strategic Services Maritime Units, and Amphibious Scouts and Raiders. Located in Fort Pierce, Florida – the birthplace of the Navy Frogman – the Museum promotes public education by providing the opportunity to explore the history of the Navy SEALs in an atmosphere of respect and honor.
###

If you would like more information about this topic please contact Rolf Snyder at 913-642-5134 or per email at Rolf.Snyder@gmail.com.

If anyone cares to meet up, let me know.