PDA

View Full Version : S&W Lower parts

MH-47D
08-16-11, 10:30
I bought an S&W stripped lower and will like to get a parts kit from S&W to keep it in the same manufacturer but can't seem to find it. Does anyone know if they even sells a lower kit or parts at all? Have check their site and the only parts found were complete uppers. Thanks

markm
08-16-11, 10:40
There's nothing to gain in value by doing this. I'd just get a STAG LPK and go. I've never seen a S&W parts kit.

Now if you were building a Colt lower, you'd probably want to go all Colt, but I don't see a need to keep it all S&W. They likely source their LPKs anyway.

C4IGrant
08-16-11, 10:57
I bought an S&W stripped lower and will like to get a parts kit from S&W to keep it in the same manufacturer but can't seem to find it. Does anyone know if they even sells a lower kit or parts at all? Have check their site and the only parts found were complete uppers. Thanks

S&W doesn't sell LPK at this time.

C4

Dos Cylindros
08-16-11, 12:06

C4

But Grant sells a great one, I would just order from him knowing you are getting a quality product. He also has several options in case there are little parts like trigger guards that you do or don't need to finish your build.

bananaman
08-19-11, 11:30

Does anyone (especially a dealer) know who S&W buys their lower parts from? (3 year old M&P, not the original rebranded Stag crap).

Getting ready to re-barrel my S&W with an LMT 1:7 and am considering swapping out the LPK with something from Grant but don't know if it's worth it as I've had zero issues so far with the stock trigger, lithium grease and a Wolff reduced power spring set (2,000+ rounds). As long as the trigger isn't made of some soft crap steel like RRA I would rather put the effort and a new LPK into a virgin lower.

MH-47D
08-19-11, 11:43
Thanks for the replies, guess will buy an LPK from someone else, lol.

AMMOTECH
08-19-11, 12:08
Does anyone (especially a dealer) know who S&W buys their lower parts from? (3 year old M&P, not the original rebranded Stag crap).

Getting ready to re-barrel my S&W with an LMT 1:7 and am considering swapping out the LPK with something from Grant but don't know if it's worth it as I've had zero issues so far with the stock trigger, lithium grease and a Wolff reduced power spring set (2,000+ rounds). As long as the trigger isn't made of some soft crap steel like RRA I would rather put the effort and a new LPK into a virgin lower.

No one company makes a complete LPK. The trigger may come from a supplier, the hammer and pins from another and all the other parts would come from still more locations.

I'd get one from Daniel Defense or G&R tactical and call it good.

Why do you have a reduced power spring set?

C4IGrant
08-19-11, 12:15

S&W actually makes a good many parts in house (or does the finish grind and finishing).

So I think their LPK's are pretty good and maybe some day they will sell them.

C4

bananaman
08-19-11, 21:02
Why do you have a reduced power spring set?.

Liked the idea of a "stock" single stage trigger but didn't want to shell out the $ for a Giselle or similar at the time. Reduces the original GI trigger pull from 8-9 lb to 5-6 lb. With a little auto store lithium grease on the sear makes a cheap but very nice improvement for about $10.

Since then have installed an LMT 2 stage on another gun (love it), will likely pick up an SSA or S2S to try out on the next build.

Cobra66
08-19-11, 21:22
I will say that the trigger on my M&P15 is far nicer and smoother than any LPK I have ever assembled (including 1 Bushy, 1 DPMS, 2 Stags, and a Daniel Defense).

usmcvet
08-20-11, 17:45
I would buy a LPK from Grant at G&R. You get a great product, fair price and can buy what you want/need. He has spent the time and energy to source good parts saving the customer the time and energy and mistakes.