PDA

View Full Version : Issue with M&P 45 mag?

MEANGREEN
11-03-07, 17:21
I recently ordered 2 spare M&P 45 mags. For some reason both
magazines (when fully loaded with 10 rounds) has a hard time
going in about half way. I have to push it in all the way for it to
seat properly. When I push the mag release it doesn't drop free.
The interesting thing is when I unload the mag (and it is empty)
the issues goes away.

Just to be sure I tried the same thing with the original 2 mags that
came from the factory. When they were fully loaded it went in
properly and dropped free without any issues.

Anybody experience the same thing :confused:

Hawkeye
11-03-07, 18:33
Nope, no trouble at all out of any of my mags (about 7 at present).

NCPatrolAR
11-03-07, 20:16
I had a similar problem with some MP45 mags I had bought from Midway. I also had a problem loading ten rounds in them. I was able to correct both problems (seating/dropping and inability to load to full capacity) by loading the magazine with as many rounds as possible and letting it sit for a week without using it. After a week, I had 0 problems with the magazines.

williejc
11-03-07, 22:35
S&W's customer service is great. If you call them on their dime and discuss this with them, it's a sure bet that they will replace the mags. My guess is their research department would like to see any defective item associated with the new M&P.

Our mags should be 100%. My view is that we should not have to tinker with them. In my old age, if the mag don't work, I throw it in the river, except in the case of a factory new one just out of the box. Call Smith.

Williejc

MEANGREEN
11-04-07, 01:40
Thanks for the replies gentlemen...

I just returned these magazines today. I think they should work correctly from the start- just like my original magazines. I'm going to order some again in the near future and hopefully they'll be gtg from the beginning.