PDA

View Full Version : Back to Basics

Dragon88
08-18-11, 18:20
I built a lower several months back intending to use it for a future project, and it's been burning a hole in my pocket ever since. I wasn't sure if I wanted another cool guy carbine, or a scoped rifle, or a 3-gun setup, or maybe something in 6.8 SPC. I saw this Noveske upper recently, however, and finally decided what I wanted. I took a big step back with this one and went for a basic M4 build. No railed forend, no optics, no excess.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/Dragon88/nn4b01.jpg

Noveske N4 Basic Recce on a Barnes Precision lower.

I only had time to zero the irons today, but it shot perfectly as expected. I like the mid-length gas system while retaining the look of traditional plastic handguards. It feels good in the shoulder and it's a couple pounds lighter than my other AR thanks to not having junk all over it. I'm very impressed with Noveske's quality, this is my first upper by them but it will not be my last.

Thanks for looking.

ache_d
08-24-11, 17:03
A thumbs up for simplicity! You do have at least 4 things that give simplicity its own twist; the MOE stock, pmag, Noveske's flash hider, and the mid lenght gas system. I love my middy and have trouble giving a carbine gas system any love after shooting it! Good stuff!

SWATcop556
08-25-11, 23:09
I have a bone stock 6920 that I shoot whenever I want to run a gun without an optic and just work on irons. One of my favorite times at the range. Nice rifle.

DirectDrive
08-26-11, 08:03
Nice looking stick !

TOMTOM
08-26-11, 13:28
A very nice & simple, quality rifle.

Cerberus
08-26-11, 16:13
Just the way I like them. Simple, yet optics capable. Gonna leave it black or paint it?

Dragon88
08-26-11, 17:07
Oh it's just staying black for now. I will likely get a DD Omega rail to put on there at some point, just because I can. But for the most part the rifle will stay exactly as pictured with the plastic handguards.

I'm also maintaining the little usage and log book that came with the Noveske upper. I've never kept track of round count on a gun before, but I figure, why not for this one? It's nice to see my round total go up and up with no malfunctions or issues.