PDA

View Full Version : Pantac Shotgun Stock Pouch?

Travis B
08-18-11, 21:47
Yes, I know it is sold on every airsoft website, but is the quality OK? I have been looking forever for a Eagle Industries Stock Pouch on Multicam but can't find one. These look very similar to the Eagle ones, but looks can sometimes be deceiving. Does anyone have any experience with it? Thoughts? I don't own any Multicam gear, but for some reason, I think it'll look good on my 590A1.

http://www.reloadready.com/?p=6&id=420

TehLlama
08-20-11, 06:54
Pantac (and older Phantom) stuff are the closest replicas you'll find of Eagle and LBT stuff - I bought a ton for airsoft use, starting using it for actual use, deployed with some of it twice, turned the vests under it back into CIF (they got DRMOd from wear) and still use those pouches.

I have had extremely good luck with stuff from that company, but given that it emerges from Hong Kong airsoft shops I don't know how reliable my experience is in grading it.

kmrtnsn
08-20-11, 12:01
I would recommend that you find another method for carry of shotgun ammo. Stock saddles are an ergonomically poor idea, especially if you are planning on attending a class where support-side shooting is part of the curriculum. In addition, shotshells on a stock saddle being retained by elastic is temporary at best as the shells will constantly be knocked out or loose. There is a reason you can't find the Eagle version. If you haven't considered a receiver side saddle I'd recommend that you look in that direction. It will serve you much better in the long run.

Travis B
08-20-11, 16:41
I would recommend that you find another method for carry of shotgun ammo. Stock saddles are an ergonomically poor idea, especially if you are planning on attending a class where support-side shooting is part of the curriculum. In addition, shotshells on a stock saddle being retained by elastic is temporary at best as the shells will constantly be knocked out or loose. There is a reason you can't find the Eagle version. If you haven't considered a receiver side saddle I'd recommend that you look in that direction. It will serve you much better in the long run.

I'm looking more for something to get my cheek up enough so that I can see through the LPA ghost ring sights, but I did want an option for carrying more shells. That's a great point about the elastic possibly not holding them; thanks!

kmrtnsn
08-20-11, 17:25
If that is what you are after then I recommend that you wonder over to Mesa Tactical and look at the Urbino stock, it has a reduced LOP as well.