PDA

View Full Version : Police Chief and gun show organizer charged with manslaughter

BCmJUnKie
08-18-11, 22:28
Would you let your kid do this? I let our 8 year old shoot all of my weapons, I supervise or hold it with him. I dont know about a mini Uzi though. I feel terrible for the father. I could not imagine!!

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/r/26385792/detail.html

Scoby
08-19-11, 05:30
I could not bring myself to click on that video. Tragic.
I think two things should have happened. Monday morning quarterbacking and all.

Either the gun should have been only loaded with 3-4 rounds until the boy became accustomed to the gun. Or, the father should have assisted the boy when actually firing it.

I can't imagine the fathers pain and regret.

Seems to me that the charges are misdirected. However, I can't see how charging the father for this would accomplish anything. He paid the price at the time it happened and will live with it the rest of this life.

BCmJUnKie
08-19-11, 11:12
I could not bring myself to click on that video. Tragic.
I think two things should have happened. Monday morning quarterbacking and all.

Either the gun should have been only loaded with 3-4 rounds until the boy became accustomed to the gun. Or, the father should have assisted the boy when actually firing it.

I can't imagine the fathers pain and regret.

Seems to me that the charges are misdirected. However, I can't see how charging the father for this would accomplish anything. He paid the price at the time it happened and will live with it the rest of this life.

I didnt want to post the video either, however, there isnt anything on it. It doesnt show anything. I wouldnt have posted it if it did.

It was pretty hard watching the father talk about it

Iraqgunz
08-19-11, 13:35
This was discussed at length when it first occured.