PDA

View Full Version : What is "Revision M" in MAGPUL Pmags?

omega21
08-18-11, 23:03
I found a site that sells Magpul PMAG 30rd Magazine, Rev M for $12.90 as opposed to the typical ~$14 found elsewhere. Can anyone tell me what "Rev M" means? Is that an older version of the mags, or is it just a marketing gimmick?
Thanks!

Wiggity
08-18-11, 23:04
I am curious about this as well.

SomeOtherGuy
08-18-11, 23:04
It's the most recent revision and some useful changes from the original version. It's basically saying "current production" instead of aging new-old-stock.

omega21
08-18-11, 23:32
Ok, thanks, that's good to know. So here's another question for you: How do I know I am getting the most recent version if it's not labeled "rev M"? Cheaper than dirt's website sells a version labeled 2-MGMPI211BLK for $12.71 - Is there any way to know if this is the most current production Magpul PMAG?

By the way, if anyone knows a cheaper place to get PMAGS please let me know!

chadbag
08-18-11, 23:34
They all have the same part number. However, Rev M PMAGs have been out since summer of 2009. So, the chance that a probably high volume store like CDT is selling old stock is not very high.

If they have pics you can tell that way. The "ribs" are a little more subdued and other minor changes on Rev M PMAGs

spleify
08-18-11, 23:40
I "believe" the newer ones also have a small hole in the floor plate. Correct me if I am wrong

omega21
08-18-11, 23:41
Here is the link to CTD's PMAG
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/2MGMPI211BLK-1.html

Is this Rev M?
Of course if not, the pic could be old and the mags could still be Rev M... good point about the high volume seller!

omega21
08-18-11, 23:42
Maybe if I read their description I would see this is indeed the latest version ;)

Clint
08-19-11, 00:06
Yep,

if you're looking for PMAGS, Rev M are the ones to get.

Underwhere
08-19-11, 00:37
Cheaper than dirt is shipping M revision pMags.

I believe the M revision are the ones where the dust cover can snap onto the bottom of the mag.

BotachTactical was running a 25% off sale last weekend. Windowed pMags were something like $13

1911-A1
08-19-11, 09:42
The "old", non-M mags have four ribbed squares on the side, whereas the RevM mags have three. That's the easiest outward way to tell.

ForTehNguyen
08-19-11, 12:55
rev M pmags are a little thinner and more compatible with tighter lowers, coarser plastic texture, and you can clip the feed lip cover on the bottom of the mag as compared to the non rev M

ARKAR
08-19-11, 21:33
Cheaper than dirt is shipping M revision pMags.

I believe the M revision are the ones where the dust cover can snap onto the bottom of the mag.

BotachTactical was running a 25% off sale last weekend. Windowed pMags were something like $13

I got a box of 10 windowed Pmags in today from Botach. They were RevM mags. You must enter the coupon code "MAG25" to get the 25% off. I got them for 12.93 each shipped!! Just finished a FDE build and starting with another, so this came at a great time.

ARKAR

Thomas M-4
08-19-11, 21:55
I "believe" the newer ones also have a small hole in the floor plate. Correct me if I am wrong

No hole , magpul does make maritime magazine floor plates with a hole in it for faster water drainage. But last I have seen you buy those separate or make them your self. You can make one your self by using a 1/4'' drill bit and drilling out the center of the magpul logo on the floor plate.

MOUNT-N-SLOT
08-19-11, 23:00
"Rev M" means they've got half the alphabet left to make the ultimate polymer mag even better! :)

MarkG
08-19-11, 23:41
Rev M means that Magpul has modified the Pmag 13 times and still can't get it right...

Dirtyboy333
08-20-11, 03:44
Rev M means that Magpul has modified the Pmag 13 times and still can't get it right...

Wonder how many Revs it will take until their satisfied with their iPhone cover or motorcycle. :rolleyes:

cqbdriver
08-20-11, 04:29
PDF from Magpul on Rev M:
http://cdn.magpul.com/downloads/newsfeed-maglevelpmag.pdf

ForTehNguyen
08-20-11, 08:19

cuz everyone else gets it right the first time, called evolution

Magic_Salad0892
08-20-11, 08:22
Is Mk18Pilot being sarcastic or is the number really 13?...

sr71plane
08-20-11, 08:51
I wonder if any changes were made to the 20 round mags at the same time ?

Slater
08-20-11, 11:55
Judging from their overall reputation, I'd say that Magpul has gotten the polymer mag "righter" than probably anyone else :D

omega21
08-20-11, 15:33
I got a box of 10 windowed Pmags in today from Botach. They were RevM mags. You must enter the coupon code "MAG25" to get the 25% off. I got them for 12.93 each shipped!! Just finished a FDE build and starting with another, so this came at a great time.

ARKAR

ARKAR - thanks so much for the code. I just ordered a bunch of windowed PMAGs for less than $13 and non-windowed ones for around $10. AND FREE SHIPPING!! What an awesome deal! Thanks so much!!

sgtjosh
08-20-11, 17:40
Great Deal...I just placed an order. Lets see if Botac lives up to their rep...I hope not. This is my first time shopping there.

Renegade
08-20-11, 17:49
So here's another question for you: How do I know I am getting the most recent version if it's not labeled "rev M"?

Check the Date Code on the Mag.

ARKAR
08-20-11, 19:37
You guys are very welcome. I'm fighting the urge to grab at least 10 more.

ARKAR

blairellis
08-22-11, 08:54
Love me some PMags. Going to order some more soon, I'll try the coupon codes here. Thanks!

turdbocharged
08-22-11, 10:22
Someone mentioned Cheaper Than Dirt. :bad:

I hate Cheaper than Dirt. They're customer support leaves something to be desired, and their shipping charges are outrageous. I'd rather support a forum sponsor honestly. SKD has good prices and awesome shipping btw... Not sure if Grant has any Pmags in stock but he's always got great prices as well.

Dirtyboy333
08-23-11, 02:02
Someone mentioned Cheaper Than Dirt. :bad:

I hate Cheaper than Dirt. They're customer support leaves something to be desired, and their shipping charges are outrageous. I'd rather support a forum sponsor honestly. SKD has good prices and awesome shipping btw... Not sure if Grant has any Pmags in stock but he's always got great prices as well.

SKD is great. I placed my first order with them last saturday and my Lancer AWM was at my door monday afternoon (2days):blink: Also, i prefer companies that ship USPS bc in my experience they are always much faster then the other 2 (probably bc they actually work on saturdays). At least the gov is running 1 thing efficiently. :sarcastic:

sgtjosh
08-24-11, 12:22
Great Deal...I just placed an order. Lets see if Botac lives up to their rep...I hope not. This is my first time shopping there.

Botac came through. The mags arrived next day via UPS with no back orders. 5-30 round P-mags in black and 5 in foliage green. Customer service was very prompt with my emails.