PDA

View Full Version : Which one would you sell?

turdbocharged
08-19-11, 10:47
Didn't know where else to ask this.

I'm trying to gather the funds to purchase a 6933 to go with my 6920.

I have two weapons that I don't really use much, and neither of them I trust my life with so they're pretty much hobby grade and dead weight.

One is a 9mm CA94 (HK94 clone) just a few months old an 450 rounds through it. It is all stock and functions fine, no issues with the extractor tension and its got the FA bolt head. I was thinking about asking 1,000$ for this as I've seen them go for 900-1300$

The other is a custom .308 AR that I built on a CMMG lower that accepts LR PMAGS. It's pretty much all DPMS on the upper with a 16" barrel, low profile gas block, and a 12" railed handguard. The lower has a magpul UBR. The entire gun is painted with duracoat Magpul FDE. I have roughly 1,400$ in this so I was thinking about trying to get 1,050$ or so out of it.

What would you do? Sell one, or both, or neither?

I suppose I could sell both and purchase a T1...

kerplode
08-24-11, 18:23
My $0.02:
- Sell both for whatever best price you can get.
- Buy the Colt.
- Use any left over cash for T1, ammo, training, whatever.

NWPilgrim
08-24-11, 18:53
If you aren't using either one and have no burning need for them then sell both and put it into what you will enjoy using regularly.

Dutchy556
08-24-11, 21:47
Didn't know where else to ask this.

I'm trying to gather the funds to purchase a 6933 to go with my 6920.

I have two weapons that I don't really use much, and neither of them I trust my life with so they're pretty much hobby grade and dead weight.

What would you do? Sell one, or both, or neither?

I suppose I could sell both and purchase a T1...

As the others said, sell both and get the kit you'll actually use. Unless you're really into safe stuffing.

SSGGunBunny
09-08-11, 14:32
I have regretted selling all of the guns that I have. I had several that I didn't think I needed anymore and then sold, not long after I always wished I hadn't. I have even went out and bought similar weapons to replace guns I sold previously. Now, I try very hard to find an alternative to selling a gun, even if I have to save for a new one I want. My most recent purchase came after I put away about $100 a month for about a year for it. It sucked waiting that long but I didn't have to part with any of my current weapons to buy it.

SSGGunBunny
09-08-11, 14:32
well, except for a Ruger P89, I hated that gun and haven't missed it at all.

turdbocharged
09-08-11, 14:38
Thanks guys,

I've since sold the .308 it was too god awful heavy I mean like 11lbs unloaded. YIKES!

I'm going to sell the CA94 next, it's a nice piece but I just don't trust my life with it, and honestly its boring to shoot. I have a burning desire to add another colt carbine to my stable if anything for a backup to my current one.

I don't see myself missing either of these.

elnino31
10-09-11, 20:44
Thanks guys,

I've since sold the .308 it was too god awful heavy I mean like 11lbs unloaded. YIKES!

I'm going to sell the CA94 next, it's a nice piece but I just don't trust my life with it, and honestly its boring to shoot. I have a burning desire to add another colt carbine to my stable if anything for a backup to my current one.

If it's boring to shoot and doesn't have sentimental value, then there's no reason to keep it. Just hold out for a good price and you'll have no regrets. I've sold stuff cheap just to get rid of it and those are the time you'll look back w/ regrets.

Javelin
10-09-11, 21:23
Thanks guys,

Those .308 AR platforms are really heavy. I am not really sure as to why I even have one.

Romanov
10-12-11, 06:58
I have regretted selling all of the guns that I have. I had several that I didn't think I needed anymore and then sold, not long after I always wished I hadn't. I have even went out and bought similar weapons to replace guns I sold previously. Now, I try very hard to find an alternative to selling a gun, even if I have to save for a new one I want. My most recent purchase came after I put away about $100 a month for about a year for it. It sucked waiting that long but I didn't have to part with any of my current weapons to buy it.

I strongly agree with this.

There's one, maybe two, guns that I've sold which I haven't later regretted. If it's a gun you enjoy shooting (even just occasionally) I'd say don't sell it and just save up.

On the other hand, if it's literally just dead weight that you never shoot and have no attachment to whatsoever, then sell it. A 6920 is going to be able to cover your needs in a lot of areas, both practically and recreationally.

ray0351
10-12-11, 18:53
SELL THE CLONE!

YZINGERR
10-12-11, 19:39
I have always said that when I buy a gun, i will own it for life.
*Sometimes* you may find that you just don't prefer the gun (the way it shoots, handles, feels) and that you'd rather have something else.

Other times you may buy something that is just like the other thing and it ends up being superseded by it. (like your multiple ARs)

If this is the case, just sell the oldies and make way for the goodies... you will always have the memories to look back on!

I can speak from experiences as I recently got rid of a pistol. It was my first .380 that I got when I was 12. It was hard to let go due to sentimental reasons, but it hadn't been shot in over 15 years!