PDA

View Full Version : What are some of your favorite after-market accessories?

Wiggity
08-19-11, 18:20
Now that we know everyone's least favorite after-market parts, I thought it would be interesting to find out what likes. Please include why it is your favorite, or in your top few.

Right now, my favorite is my Aimpoint PRO. This is one hell of an optic for the money. After buying this piece and using it, I had that overwhelming sense of satisfaction because I felt like I got a lot more than $400 worth of optic.

What about you?

Inkslinger
08-19-11, 18:25
Bullets.

Wiggity
08-19-11, 18:32
Bullets.

Funny. But not an accessory.

saddlerocker
08-19-11, 18:42
MOE Furniture
PMags
MBUS

Inexpensive upgrades with tacticool colors we all Love :dance3:

Wiggity
08-19-11, 18:45
MOE Furniture
PMags
MBUS

Inexpensive upgrades with tacticool colors we all Love :dance3:

Should have added pmags to the OP, I also really like the xtm rail panels, fun little things.

avmech
08-19-11, 18:52
DD Omega rails
MIADS
CTR stock
PRS stock

DOA
08-19-11, 18:57
MOE furniture, Aimpoint Pro, Vickers extended slide lock (for my Glock)

Eric D.
08-19-11, 19:36
Magpul MOE stocks, pistol grips and trigger guards - Economic, lightweight, ergonomic.

LaRue Index Clips - extremely versatile, ergonomic

Aimpoint optics, surefire lights, gear sector mounts - tough, lightweight, innovative.

baffle Stack
08-19-11, 19:43
Magpul Followers
USGI Mags
Aimpoint ML2
Larue Mounts

I'm sure if I had a suppressor that would be up there too.

TonyTacoma
08-19-11, 21:30
Troy flip up buis
Aimpoints

spleify
08-19-11, 21:34
My B.A.D lever and my Acog

orlanger
08-19-11, 21:40
Centurion Arms mid length C4 rail
Battle Comp

Ridge_Runner_5
08-19-11, 21:54
My B.A.D lever and my Acog

Those, and Pmags.

13MPG
08-19-11, 22:04
LMT SOPMOD stock
BFG slings
Surefire M300/600 lights
Lancer AWM

nickdrak
08-19-11, 22:24
The following are my personal choices based solely on ergonomic preferences:
B.A.D.-A.S.S. ambi selector
Stark Equipment SE-1 pistol grip
Vltor imod (clubfoot)

jhs1969
08-19-11, 22:41
Aimpoints, after 4 ML2s I'm very pleased with my M4s.

Lmt Sopmod.

KAC RAS, after 4 of these I have no complaints.

Surefire lights.

I'm also pleased with my LMT fixed BUIS but next time I may try DD or Larue's.

Larue optic mounts.

BFG Vickers slings.

Ironbutt
08-19-11, 22:46
Vickers Tactical Sling.
Aimpoint M3.
Magpul stock & grip.

MOUNT-N-SLOT
08-19-11, 22:55
My Favotites:

Trijicon TA11J-G, Green Crosshair, tons of eye relief & BDC out to 600M

Thunder Beast Arms Corp - .223P Can. Mounted on 14.5". Quiet, light, tacticool.

Noveske QD End Plate, VTAC Padded or BFG VCAS sling with IWC's 2 To 1 QD Triglide. Best convertible QD sling set-up IMHO.

Aimpoint T1 w/ Larue 660. Best overall optic / mount combo.

MOUNT-N-SLOT

Leonidas24
08-19-11, 23:29
Aimpoint Micro H1

Surefire Scout series

Surefire K brake

Javelinadave
08-19-11, 23:37
This:

Clarkm
08-20-11, 00:39
My favorite aftermarket accessories: as few as possible.

I do like the TD short vfg.

OldState
08-20-11, 00:52
SD-E
Ergo grip

Wiggity
08-20-11, 01:34
Aimpoints, after 4 ML2s I'm very pleased with my M4s.

Lmt Sopmod.

KAC RAS, after 4 of these I have no complaints.

Surefire lights.

I'm also pleased with my LMT fixed BUIS but next time I may try DD or Larue's.

Larue optic mounts.

BFG Vickers slings.

BFG vickers sling is a winner for sure

Spahr0311B
08-20-11, 02:13
-P-Mags, because they are reliable and CHEAP! Remember paying ~$30.00 for USGI mags?

-MOE Grip

-Wilson Combat TTU. Best $250.00 I ever spent. No, it doesn't make you a better shooter. Yes, it is a fantastic trigger.

-Aimpoint H-1, because I don't need a T-1.

aaron_c
08-20-11, 12:23
In no particular order...

- A quality optic (nothing specific as it depends on the application, but...Aimpoint, Trij, EOTech, S&B, Nightforce, etc.)
- A weapon light, preferably Surefire for me.
- MOE Grip, and the trigger guard is a nice piece as well.
- I'm probably going to be very much in the minority here but I'm loving the Larue handstops- weigh less than a VFG setup, are lower profile, and still do everything I ever used my VFG to do.
- A rail of some sort (DD Omega is my current one but again, application dependant), if you need it.

lawusmc0844
08-20-11, 12:27
PMAGs
These are all I run these days. Despite some people here going back to USGI I believe these are superior in every way.

VCAS

Ares Armor Huskey sling
Padding is standard and its much easier to adjust than the VCAS

SOPMOD stock

BAD

AFG

MOE grip

DD Omega rail

Aimpoint T1`

Failure2Stop
08-20-11, 13:08
TD SCAR panels. Thin and grippy. Sometimes have a bit of fore and aft slide, but a dab of silicone behind the locking tab fixes that.

IWC/Mount-n-Slot components (or at least the ones I have used). The SF Scout mounts work great, and the HG QD cups are f**king brilliant.

Bobro mounts. They make me feel like I am seeing into the future.

1-4 optics with mil-dot reticles, .1 mrad adjustments, and daylight visible reticles. I am really happy with the SWFA 1-4. I would really like to see Swarovski or Premier Reticles bring out a 1-6 with a PR style FFP mildot reticle.

Aimpoint CompM4. Absolutely the finest, toughest, easiest RDS I have ever used. As much as I like low powered variables, the CompM4 will always be my favorite HD, sub-100 meter optic. The EoTech reticle is great and the EXPS line is a huge step forward for them, but the AP M4 is like a well trained German Shepherd (sorry, watching Animal Planet right now).

45 Degree throw ambi selectors. Thank you Battle Arms.

ACS stock. Sorry to be off the "F**k Magpul Bandwagon", but it fits well, has good cheek-weld, and costs less than its nearest competitors (SOPMOD, UBR). FWIW, I do like the SOPMOD, but $200 is rough for one.

A5 RE, buffer and action spring. Works very nice on my 5.56 middies with A2 FHs.

VCAS Sling. Works very well for my applications. There might be equal or better slings out there, but I haven't used them, and unless someone lets me try one out for a while I am not soon to jump off the "I (heart) VCAS" party-barge.

Stubby VFGs. It took a while to get these on the market, but they work nicely now that they are firmly here.

SF Scout lights. I wish these were out in 2006. I love their size, low weight, high output, and easy use. Along with them, I also really like the Danger Close Scout Mount. Simple, functional, tough. What else does one need in a light mount?

HK style fixed front sights. I prefer hooded front sights (many others do NOT), and these are tough and functional without protruding knobs and levers.

Good suppressor on a 10.5 barrel. Nothing feels quite so "right", or at least not with clothes on. It's just pure concentrated testosterone and adrenaline injected directly into your soul. So, yeah, I'm a fan.

Geissele Triggers. I have been nothing but impressed with their products, from the SD3G to the S2S, they do what they say and do it for a long time.

LMT lowers. They were the only quality lowers I could get when I first started my journey into "serious use" carbines, and they have served me well for a long time. I have not had a single parts breakage (knock on wood) on them yet, and they work hard for me.

PMags. They are not indestructable or infallable. They are a man-made, mass produced plastic item. There are bad ones, and bad batches out there. I have somewhere between 50 and 70 Pmags of various colors (exact numbers unknown as I tend to lend them out to people in need and don't press too hard to get them back immediately) and I have never had a problem with them. The biggest reason I like them is that they are every bit as reliable and robust as the $30(+) HK mags. I don't think that they completely replace aluminum and steel mags, but they serve a purpose as a low-cost, general purpose mag that I am not hesitant to crush if it gives me a problem.

MagPul Followers. Greatly settles my Chi with regard to GI mags.

Ranger Plates for GI mags. Makes firing from concrete less scratchy, reduces hand injury from TRB, and gives a little more grip for retrieval from a mag pouch or seating the mag.

GPS pouches for buttstocks. Not a whole lot of people have need for them, but those of us that do find them very handy.

Punch rods attached to the gun. I think Kyle Defoor wrote an article about his method (mine is different, but the same goal is achieved). Makes a very handy tool not only for a stuck case in your M4, but also for punching out SAWs and mud muzzle-plugs that are inevitable when traversing muddy fields and irrigation ditches.

BFG's RediMod. Great modification to a very useful tool. Best application I have seen for a HD gun is one 20 rounder in the gun with one 20 rounder in the RediMod. 20 rounds will handle a lot of problems, and having another ready in case of a mag problem or rapid reload makes a lot of sense given the low profile and weight of the 20 rounders. Also makes a speed reload (via all methods) very fast while protecting the top round. Good job Boonie Packer and BFG.

I'm sure there are more, but those spring to mind first.

jonconsiglio
08-20-11, 13:19
I'm about 90% with F2S. Good list.

R Moran
08-20-11, 13:33
The things that have really given me the most outta my AR's, more or less in order...

Aimpoint T1
VCAS sling
Scout light in DCC mount w/ SureFire dual tape switch
Tango Down battle grip
DD rails
Colt low mass hammer and blue spring(still feelin it out, but like it)
Gunfighter small & medium charging handle(was using the badger tac II and PRI before, but am diggin these)
Aimpoint 3X in LaRue flip mount
SureFire 212A
AN/PEQ-2

Best of the bunch? Aimpoint, any Aimpoint.....hands down.

Bob

DWood
08-20-11, 14:23
...........After buying this piece and using it, I had that overwhelming sense of satisfaction because I felt like I got a lot more than $400 worth of optic..........

If they would sell the RDS for $300-320 and keep the mediocre mount, I would agree. I think they are missing the boat by forcing the buyer to pay extra for a mount that I won't use.

jhs1969
08-20-11, 14:30
You guys reminded me of a couple of items I forgot;

A big thumbs up on BCM's gunfighter ch.

TD vertical grip, much better than the KAC which is now mounted on my .22. I may also consider the TD shorty or the Larue FUG next time.

DWood
08-20-11, 14:31
Funny how items appearing on this list made the other list as well.

sadmin
08-20-11, 14:34
Imod
Gear Sector light mounts
VCAS

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=30.279314,-95.447365

nimdabew
08-20-11, 14:53
VTAC 2-point sling with an HK hook on the front and a QD on the back, straps trimmed, and a smiley face drawn on the padded part in black sharpie.

I also like my suppressor, and my tactical twix bar carrier on my LBE.

ETA: Even the two above are a bit low brow, there is something to be said about marking your own gear and having a bit of a smile on your face while using it.

I also really like XTM panels combined with ladder rail covers. Gives the best heat deflection and light weight modularity that some other rail covers don't give IMO.

Failure2Stop
08-20-11, 14:56
Tango Down battle grip
AN/PEQ-2

Funny, the thing with the TD BG is that I just kept slipping off the damn thing. I know lots of dudes that use them, and prefer them, but I found the MIAD to be my preference (and now with the 45 degree throw levers, the MOE) once I tried one out. I liked the TD feel but not its grip. Don't know exactly how to describe it. I tried board tape, but went to a de-bumped A2 wrapped in board tape instead, until I got the MIAD. Maybe if I did an aggressive stippling job on it. . .
anybody have an extra TD laying around you want to send me as a birthday present :sarcastic:?

PEQ2: because it's what you have or because it's what you prefer?
I really prefer a PEQ15 over other IR laser systems, but I haven't used a PEQ2 for about 4 years now. I remember always liking the ability to zero the IR flood in addition to just the aiming laser, as with the PEQ16.

Kinda like the PVS14 over the 15-- the ability to seamlessly merge from subdued to aggressive overweighed the dark-only performance leap of the 15s.

AGENT TIKKI
08-20-11, 14:59
MIAD must have on all my ARs.

Pmags, my USGIs are in the closet....somewhere....

BAD lever, ninja I know, but only because ranges out here insist on the bolt being open during target changes.

jet66
08-20-11, 15:31
MOE grip
MOE RVG
EOTech 516
CTR stock
PMAG
Magpul follower and 'ranger plates' for USGI style mags.

R Moran
08-20-11, 15:34
Funny, the thing with the TD BG is that I just kept slipping off the damn thing. I know lots of dudes that use them, and prefer them, but I found the MIAD to be my preference (and now with the 45 degree throw levers, the MOE) once I tried one out. I liked the TD feel but not its grip. Don't know exactly how to describe it. I tried board tape, but went to a de-bumped A2 wrapped in board tape instead, until I got the MIAD. Maybe if I did an aggressive stippling job on it. . .
anybody have an extra TD laying around you want to send me as a birthday present :sarcastic:?

PEQ2: because it's what you have or because it's what you prefer?
I really prefer a PEQ15 over other IR laser systems, but I haven't used a PEQ2 for about 4 years now. I remember always liking the ability to zero the IR flood in addition to just the aiming laser, as with the PEQ16.

Kinda like the PVS14 over the 15-- the ability to seamlessly merge from subdued to aggressive overweighed the dark-only performance leap of the 15s.

I choke way up on the TD, the web of my hand is on the receiver. I could probably get by with a de-bumped A2 or an A1(I have) or a MIAD, but not the MOE.

The PEQ because its what I have. Much better then what I had in my day. I would prefer a 15, but...
Thats just my personal, my work stuff is a travesty.

Bob

MistWolf
08-20-11, 16:27
Things I like-
I like having good optics. (Yes, I like iron sights as well, but I know good optics are a real good thing.)

UBR stock. It's adjustable, very solid and I get a good consistent cheekweld using the scope.

I like my Geisselle SSA-E trigger with it's clean, predictable break. The SSA-E is good for my precision rifle and what I use it for. It's pull is probably too light for a fighting carbine.

I like the MIAD grip. As it's currently configured though, it feels just like the MOE.

Slings. Rifles should have slings.

Carbon fiber forearm. They are light & stiff and stay cool during long strings of fire.

The Battlecomp. I don't think it's the end all, do all muzzle device. As a matter of fact, until I tried the Battlecomp, I was vehemently opposed to all muzzle breaks. I have two rifles with Battlecomps and I like how they shoot with them better than how they shoot without them.

Things I want to try-
I have very little experience with an RDS. I want to give one a serious go. Now that Aimpoints are smaller, tough as nails and have a battery life long enough to rival tritium, it's time. (Actually, it's past time but I've got to get my finances to agree first.)

I find the ACOG very intriguing. I wish I had the money to wring one out & see how well it works for me. Maybe someday.

Both of my ARs have been full length rifles and I have enjoyed them both. Now I want to try a lightweight carbine. I shot a friend's Colt M4 and found I liked it very much. I have been stashing funds to assemble one and will soon starting collecting the necessary assemblies & parts.

Overall, I have to admit, I really like modern ARs

Mauser KAR98K
08-20-11, 16:42
AFG.

Aimpoint.

MOE grip.

offset light mount=+light.

BUIS.

Free float hand guards and rails.

BAD lever.

sgtjosh
08-20-11, 17:11
Aimpoint PRO
Vickers quick adjust sling
ACS stock
MOE forends
Trijicon front sight post
Ergo grips
Larue cantilever mount
Streamlight TLR-1
Magpul G2 BUIS
Definitely P-Mags

drsal
08-20-11, 17:23
Aimpoint T1 and Pmags....

Wiggity
08-20-11, 17:43
Funny how items appearing on this list made the other list as well.

Haha truth has been spoken. :neo:

jhs1969
08-20-11, 23:05
Things I like-
I like having good optics. (Yes, I like iron sights as well, but I know good optics are a real good thing.)

UBR stock. It's adjustable, very solid and I get a good consistent cheekweld using the scope.

I like my Geisselle SSA-E trigger with it's clean, predictable break. The SSA-E is good for my precision rifle and what I use it for. It's pull is probably too light for a fighting carbine.

I like the MIAD grip. As it's currently configured though, it feels just like the MOE.

Slings. Rifles should have slings.

Carbon fiber forearm. They are light & stiff and stay cool during long strings of fire.

The Battlecomp. I don't think it's the end all, do all muzzle device. As a matter of fact, until I tried the Battlecomp, I was vehemently opposed to all muzzle breaks. I have two rifles with Battlecomps and I like how they shoot with them better than how they shoot without them.

Things I want to try-
I have very little experience with an RDS. I want to give one a serious go. Now that Aimpoints are smaller, tough as nails and have a battery life long enough to rival tritium, it's time. (Actually, it's past time but I've got to get my finances to agree first.)

I find the ACOG very intriguing. I wish I had the money to wring one out & see how well it works for me. Maybe someday.

Both of my ARs have been full length rifles and I have enjoyed them both. Now I want to try a lightweight carbine. I shot a friend's Colt M4 and found I liked it very much. I have been stashing funds to assemble one and will soon starting collecting the necessary assemblies & parts.

Overall, I have to admit, I really like modern ARs

To hit on a couple of things you mentioned; a big plus on Aimpoints. I've had 4 ML2's and am currently running a M4s, to say I'm satisfied would be an understatement. Many people like the Micros and I can see why considering their size, however I like that the M4s use easy to find AA batteries.

The next thing; I've been running 16" carbines for past ten years straight (after going back and forth with ARs and AKs for the previous 2 decades) and have had a Colt 6920 for the past 3-4 years. Again I'm satisfied with the Colt (which carries my full "kit") but recently added a BCM 14.5" carbine to my safe. Just wanted to add that I'm really pleased with the shorter length and slightly lower weight of the 14.5 (it's "kit" is a work in progress at this time).

Just wanted to add this, thought it may give you some ideas to consider. Good luck bro.

MistWolf
08-21-11, 04:53
Thanks. My brother has built three or four carbines, a couple with 16" barrels and one with a 14.5" barrel. Two carbines are virtually identical except barrel length and although it's just a slight difference, the 14.5" handles better.

However, I can start shooting a 16" carbine sooner. I can go ahead and assemble the 16" upper with standard or MOE handguards and shoot it until I can afford a freefloat handguard. With the 14.5, it needs to be pinned before it's legal to shoot (as a rifle) which complicates changing to a freefloat handguard later

Living Legend
08-21-11, 05:09
Things I like:
Vltor A5 RE
Vltor qd offset light mount
LMT fixed rear sight
Aimpoint PRO
BFG padded slings
Stubby vfg
Magpul MIAD
Larue rails

Things I want to try:
ACOG or S&B optics
Aimpoint T1
.22lr conversion
SOPMOD stock
Geisselle trigger

ghostman1960
08-21-11, 05:44
Aimpoint Comp M3
ADM High Mount
DD Omega 9 rails
Tango Down QD Stubby VFG
Troy rear BUIS
TLR1S Light
MIAD Full Grip
Battle Arms Development Ambi Selector
Magpul XTM Covers
Magpul CTR Stock

Trajan
08-21-11, 05:57
I choke way up on the TD, the web of my hand is on the receiver. I could probably get by with a de-bumped A2 or an A1(I have) or a MIAD, but not the MOE.

The PEQ because its what I have. Much better then what I had in my day. I would prefer a 15, but...
Thats just my personal, my work stuff is a travesty.

Bob

The webbing of my hand does touch the receiver, but I haven't found it to be a problem. In fact, the BG is the only polymer thing I own that has not been stippled.

Curious on the MIAD but not MOE...

I'll add;
Aimpoint T-1 in Larue 660
SOPMOD stock

Boss Hogg
08-21-11, 08:42
5.56 suppressors
Geissele SSA triggers
VLTOR A5 buffer systems
TA11 variant ACOGs
MOE grips
iMod and eMod stocks
Sprinco buffer springs

JW1069
08-21-11, 08:55
Best of the best in my experience:

Geissele SSA trigger
Aimpoint T-1
Surefire lights
Magpul furniture

Packman73
08-21-11, 09:06
free float rails
padded sling
pmags
folding sights
aftermarket stock

DukeNukem
08-21-11, 09:07
Atlas bipod

pmr
08-21-11, 10:15
SSF trigger
Match barrel
Pws fsc, pws fatso for sbr, battle comp
Pmags
Floating rails
Aim point t1 for cqb
Trjicon Tr24
KAC buis
Slings
Scope mounts very well built nowadays

double-d
08-21-11, 10:22
MOE Handguard
IWC Mount-N-Slot QD Micro
Aimpoint Pro

SA80Dan
08-21-11, 10:33
Sprinco springs - because they are high quality and last as close to forever as you can get.

Geissele Triggers - because they are about the best in the business, IMO.

chamber143
08-21-11, 12:08
BCM rifles and gunfighters. I realize that they may not make alot if any of there stuff but their ability to assemble top notch parts and still maintain the price range...well its great.
Aimpoint T1-was an eotech guy and this is my first aimpoint but i am super impressed. I do not see an eo again in my future
PMAGS-nuff said
MIAD and CTR- very impressed with these...simple furniture. Sure there may be better but im happy with them.
VTAC padded-love my vcas but the vtac fits my applications better.
TD PR4- tried all the end plates and they are just junk. it is a place that wasnt intended to take the pressure so i dont see the reason. I found the ASAP as absolute junk...JMO...but i find that the pr4 is the best of the best.
MOE handguards are nice but i would like to add a different handguard

Animal_Mother556
08-22-11, 10:27
Redi-Mag

LHS
08-22-11, 12:51
VCAS padded sling. Having grown up on 3-point HK-style slings, this is so far beyond better.

Aimpoints. As someone with crappy eyes, the ability to quickly line up a single index point on the target instead of trying to deal with multiple fuzzy iron sights is a godsend. The fact that they're damn near bombproof means I don't have to choose between reliability and effectiveness.

Sure-fire lights. Being able to keep both hands on the weapon while illuminating a potential threat is awesome.

munch520
08-22-11, 15:38
Favorite upgrades so far were
VLTOR A5 kit
Aimpoint T1
Surefire x300
KAC micro BUIS...price tag made me cry but I love those things

Doc Safari
08-22-11, 15:51
I'm liking the MagPul MOE handguards and short VFG so far. The short VFG mounts directly to the handguards without needing a rail. On the right side I used the Viking Tactics light mount on a MagPul bolt-on rail section and mounted a Surefire G2 at the 1 o-clock position. This setup allows me to "patrol" the ranch with my off hand on the VFG and if I need to investigate a dark spot I can push the G2's tail cap button with my support hand thumb.

I don't really have much experience with other options, but I'm liking this setup as it is lightweight and the ergonomics are great. I'm a little concerned that the polymer parts are less robust than other options, but I don't want the rifle to be weighed down either.

KayRock
10-27-11, 15:45
+1 for Larue Index Clips, not to mention when I ordered them from Larue they always hook it up.

http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/3954/20111027161616.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/846/20111027161616.jpg/) Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

they threw in some dillo dust, a dillo hole, and some bumper stickers...

Moltke
10-27-11, 15:57
M4-2000.

rezin23
10-27-11, 17:59
BattleComp and Geissele SD anything.

mikeahe
10-27-11, 18:03
1. VLTOR A5

2. CENTURION C9 Rail

3. BAD ASS ST

4. La RUE INDEX CLIPS

condition 1
10-27-11, 18:18
Suppressor - (HALO)
M4A1 RIS II
TAO1NSN
Tango Down grip & QD stubby

DukeNukem
10-28-11, 16:14
I prefer the Troy Modular Combat Grip because I like the all-metal vs the zytel-type grips, and I like this one over the Magpul AVG2. The AVG2 is good, but it takes up so much rail space, there is barely enough room for both a bipod and the AVG2. There is no wiggle room to adjust it forward or backward, it can only be attached in one spot, and that's it, like it or not. With the Troy verticle grip, it takes up so little rail length, I can adjust it back and forth until I'm comfortable with it's position.

http://troyind.com/%20/battlerails/troy-modular-combat-grip

BTW...the Troy grip is on sale 35% off until Monday Oct 31.

bakercountyboy
10-28-11, 16:20
Magpul MOE grip

VIP3R 237
10-28-11, 17:00
BCM Gunfighter ch
battlecomp
magpul afg

onebigelf
10-28-11, 18:51
Funny. But not an accessory.

;-) try running without them...

John

sgtrock82
10-28-11, 21:50
With so many bits and pieces to have graced my AR over the years, Ill just mention those bits that will make repeated comebacks, and would be the first things to be put on any new ARs

-Tango Down BG16, I added some grip tape to mine. Ive liked others but this is my favorite.

-MOE handguard. Id like to get a free float rail setup one day, but every time the money comes available I invariably use it to buy mags, ammo and improve other things. These are so far and away better than the GI style and are easy to attach other bits too.

-Troy BUIS, until one of the various KAC falls into my lap... Im not holding my breath. Its rock solid, like my fixed larue, but fits well under my ACOG, so it can be used with any optic I can envision buying

-Larue BUIS, if i were to run irons only, this would be it. I just love the simplicity of this sight

I have a whole host of other accessories, but consider them in a state of evolution

Guinnessman
10-28-11, 23:27
1. Aimpoint Comp M4
2. Magpul CTR Stock
3. Daniel Defense Omega Rail
4. Daniel Defense BUIS

That's my short list, for now.