PDA

View Full Version : Seems like a good deal. Thoughts??

duece71
08-20-11, 06:02
http://www.botachtactical.com/ai13t1wmosp.html

Is this a decent deal?? I hesitate on "too good to be true" deals.
Thanks.

Hot Holster
08-20-11, 09:26
Checking other sites, that price listed by Botach is a super deal. They have been having a lot of exceptional deals on other things too.

Over the past year, I have ordered a half dozen times from them, and each order was shipped fast, and everything ordered was there.

kwilkin
08-20-11, 11:41
Great deal. Just call or use the live chat feature to verify stock status before ordering. I wouldn't order it if it's backordered.

duece71
08-20-11, 13:30
Hmmm....may have to jump on this one. I take it "in stock" on the website means nothing?? I'll call and see whats up. I have heard bad things and good things about Botach. Maybe this is worth trying for.
Thanks for the replies.

duece71
08-20-11, 13:54
Their message on the machine (I will call back after the weekend) said something about Govt. sales. Does this mean that Civies/non LEO are disqualified? Just wondering.

Hot Holster
08-20-11, 16:47
Their message on the machine (I will call back after the weekend) said something about Govt. sales. Does this mean that Civies/non LEO are disqualified? Just wondering.

I've never been asked on any of my orders.

FWIW, yes in the past Botach had a bad reputation for taking orders and failing to deliver the items because they reported "out of stock and/or backordered". There were a lot of unhappy people who waited sometimes months.

A little over a year ago the head of Botach announced in at least one forum the the prior problems were a thing of the past, and asked that we give them a chance to prove it.

As I wrote earlier, I have ordered a half dozen times since then, and three times have had my order delivered in four days from date of order, and that is with them footing the bill for shipping. I gave them the chance and I have not been disappointed.

Also, if you aren't on their email list, sign up they send out a daily special, along with other specials they are having.

(I wonder if they need a PR guy, I could use a job).:D

Tomac
08-20-11, 19:45
I got in on their recent $499 CompM4 deal and while it is an authentic Aimpoint (verified) it turns out these were apparently overseas military surplus (NIB, but still surplus), something Botach neglected to mention. They are covered by AimpointUSA for warranty work but for only 2 years instead of the usual 10.
Tomac

duece71
08-20-11, 21:11
I got in on their recent $499 CompM4 deal and while it is an authentic Aimpoint (verified) it turns out these were apparently overseas military surplus (NIB, but still surplus), something Botach neglected to mention. They are covered by AimpointUSA for warranty work but for only 2 years instead of the usual 10.
Tomac

Ok, nice to know. Maybe this is how it seems like such a sweet deal. If its the real deal (Aimpoint) then not a problem. I am sure if it were a fake, Aimpoint would be banging down the door. I will check up on this on Monday. Thanks to all.

duece71
08-21-11, 06:33
And now I find this......

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=42949/Product/MICRO_H_1_RED_DOT_SIGHT_WITH_FLATTOP_MOUNT

I don't mind the H-1 (no NV) and the mount is the same. This one it seems is able to mount just like the one from Botach. I was aiming for a lower 1/3 cowitness. I have bought from Brownells before and have been very pleased.
Thoughts???