PDA

View Full Version : XS Sights for G19

brantley65
11-04-07, 00:01
Does anyone have any experience with this system, esp. on G19? How do they compare to Trijicon or Meprolight?

5pins
11-04-07, 16:36
I just got a set for my G-19, but the rear lamp was not working. I sent it off Friday to XS, so hopefully it will not take long to get it back. The sights I’m replacing are an old set of Trijicons. I’ve had this set on for about 15yrs and they were getting very dim.

I did find it interesting that the rear XS site was made by Ttijicon. I assume that the front is the same. The sights came with wrench for the front sight and a nylon drift bunch for the rear and some loctite. I will up date when the sights get back.

BMMC
11-04-07, 23:06
XS uses Trijicon lamps and stand behind their product. I just bought three sets of XS big dot sights for my Glock 17, 19 & 26.

firemedic2506
11-10-07, 23:53
used them for my G23 I shot 98% + with them for my CCW, for some reason took them off and installed Meprolights, can barley keep it on the target @25+ yards I will be ordering a new set of the 24/7 for my 23 because I put the original pair on my G27(original pair was not the Trijicon version)

5pins
11-11-07, 00:59
The replacements came in yesterday. Took about 10 minutes to install (most of that time was spent taking off the old set). They went on much easer then the old ones did. I will say this they are different then what I’m use too. Hopefully I can get to the range later this week, but probably next.

NCPatrolAR
11-12-07, 14:33
I had a set on a 1911 for several months. I couldnt stand the thing. They worked well for general shot placement under 10 yrds. Once I got past 10 yrds, I would hit all over the place with them. I also wouldnt feel comfortable making any kind of hostage rescue shot with them

The Dumb Gun Collector
11-12-07, 21:26
I have a set for my Kahr PM9. At close range, they are incredible. Where they really come into their own is on moving targets or when you are in the move. Focusing on the front site is just a snap with them.

That said, they aren't worth the hassle, IMHO. I just can't make em' do much beyond 15 yards. I can get reliable body hits at 100 yards with my standard sites, but can't do it with the Big dot. James Yeagar, OTOH, adores these sites and can make long shots with them.

BTW, the trit rear on mine fell out almost immediately. I decided I preferred it that way.

Evan_O
11-14-07, 03:06
I have tried them and could not get good hits past 10yds or so. I found I'm just as fast with my SlantPro's and much more accurate. Jmho

Bolt_Overide
11-14-07, 12:00
Used em, couldnt get used to em. Very fast at close range, but beyond 7 yards or so I couldnt hit squat with em. I too prefer the slant pro.

wahoo95
11-14-07, 13:13
Have had them installed on my Glocks in the past and they are GREAT for up close work, however I have switched all my Glocks over to TFO's which I find to be brighter than anything else day & night.

knguye11
11-16-07, 18:42
Unless you have a weak eyes sight use them otherwise, I would stay away. POI is all over the place for me.