PDA

View Full Version : HK USP Elite .45 most accurate?

300WM
08-20-11, 11:00
I would like to know if anyone knows of a polymer pistol that is more accurate than the HK USP Elite. I have gone from fan of 50 yard bullseye (non competitor, but I keep my targets as trophies) to super fan and am looking for the absolute, most accurate polymer pistol on the market. Any info will be greatly appreciated.

deadlyfire
08-20-11, 11:13
I can only say out of my limited experience with handguns the USP is definitely one of the more accurate lines.
I'll have to watch this thread. I'm interested to hear what more experienced pistol shooters have to say.

Hogsgunwild
08-20-11, 11:33
Prior to purchasing my .40 S&W Expert, my Googling revealed that the Elite seemed to be a tiny bit more accurate than my Expert (which is incredible).

I haven't come to a definitive conclusion yet, but, I think that my Expert may be more accurate than my high-end 1911s.

The Mark 23 would be my only guess as to the possibility of a (production) gun that could perhaps be more accurate than the Elite. Just guessing as I have only read about the Mark 23 and the Elite.

Always hard to figure if the guns are mechanically more accurate than each other or if some are just easier for a person to manipulate more accurately.

Robb Jensen
08-20-11, 11:53
SIG P220s are extremely accurate but arent polymer. The HK45 is too.

JohnnyC
08-20-11, 12:12
SIG P220s are extremely accurate but arent polymer. The HK45 is too.

If you're gonna mention Sig you can't forget the 210!!!!! I used to be big into HK's, and it seems like all the HK guys held the Elite as their bullseye gun of choice. Having never owned or shot one, I can only provide secondhand opinion.

300WM
08-20-11, 12:50
Prior to purchasing my .40 S&W Expert, my Googling revealed that the Elite seemed to be a tiny bit more accurate than my Expert (which is incredible).

I haven't come to a definitive conclusion yet, but, I think that my Expert may be more accurate than my high-end 1911s.

It literally came down to a coin toss for me between the Expert and the Elite. My wife saw and held the Elite after holding an Expert at a show and said to me, "Get this one!" I had the pleasure of shooting an Expert at 25 yds and all I could say was 'how can it group this tight'?

300WM
08-20-11, 12:54
If you're gonna mention Sig you can't forget the 210!!!!!

Wicked accurate this gun is with very low muzzle flip, but not polymer. Wilson Combat price on it, too. I got to put five rounds through one about two years ago and have not seen one at the range since.

tactical1
08-20-11, 13:04
I'd agree with hogsgunwild on the HK MK23 - but the Expert/Elite series are probably very close and a bit easier to manage.

300WM
08-20-11, 15:48
I'd agree with hogsgunwild on the HK MK23 - but the Expert/Elite series are probably very close and a bit easier to manage.

Seems to be unanimous. I have never seen an MK 23, but I have read a lot about it and the price tag that goes with it. Every step closer to the X seems to always add the $. Thanks for the replies.

lloydkristmas
08-20-11, 16:35
I had a USP Match .45 for a few years, it was very accurate, but I've never used an Elite so I cant say how it stands up to that.

The Mk23, to echo other posters input, is also known for match grade accuracy.

Hell even the USP Tactical in .45 with the Match trigger is pretty dang accurate

St.Michael
08-21-11, 10:25
So does the HK website not list these different pistols? Checked it out wanted to read about it and maybe I just missed it.

Cosmo M3
08-21-11, 13:35
MK23 for sure

deadlyfire
08-22-11, 10:29
I might be way off base here but it seems like HK doesn't have a lot invested into the civilian market to begin with.
it's a shame the elite series is kaput.

bnanaphone
08-22-11, 12:05
So does the HK website not list these different pistols? Checked it out wanted to read about it and maybe I just missed it.

The Elite series of guns has been discontinued. I think it was due to a lack of interest.

I was able to get my hands on a NIB Elite 9mm several years ago and it is by far my most accurate handgun. A good friend has the Elite in .45 and we did an impromptu comparison on accuracy and the 9mm was a smidge better. The results of our "test" could also be attributed to the shooters (nothing scientific). We both shot each gun and compared targets. No ransom rests were used or abused in our "test".

St.Michael
08-23-11, 19:00
Ahhhhh I see. I love hk pistols. By far my favorite. Going to trade my glock up for one too!! Ha its weird that even with a high bore axes its so easy to shoot

GermanSynergy
08-23-11, 21:36
The mechanical accuracy of any of the aforementioned weapons mentioned (Elite, Expert, MK 23)will likely be far superior to the guy behind the trigger.

300WM
08-24-11, 10:20
The mechanical accuracy of any of the aforementioned weapons mentioned (Elite, Expert, MK 23)will likely be far superior to the guy behind the trigger.

Understood, and don't disagree. The FN Five Seven has come up as a possibility on TOS. Is it as accurate or more, in your opinion?

GermanSynergy
08-24-11, 23:24
Understood, and don't disagree. The FN Five Seven has come up as a possibility on TOS. Is it as accurate or more, in your opinion?

I owned a Five seveN in 2004, and thought it was "okay". Ammo was crazy expensive for it back then, and I didn't shoot more than 300 rounds out of it before I traded it off. Given my druthers, I'd still opt for the HK(s).

I had an HK 45 that was superbly accurate and ergonomic.

300WM
08-26-11, 11:07
I owned a Five seveN in 2004, and thought it was "okay". Ammo was crazy expensive for it back then, and I didn't shoot more than 300 rounds out of it before I traded it off. Given my druthers, I'd still opt for the HK(s).

I had an HK 45 that was superbly accurate and ergonomic.

Thanks. Coming from you, I'll chalk it up.

No Bananas
08-26-11, 19:21
Why are there no pics in this thread?
:mad:

crazymoose
08-27-11, 02:24
STI or SVI 2011. As accurate as a skilled gunsmith can make any regular 1911.