PDA

View Full Version : Colt buffer markings?

crazymoose
08-20-11, 19:01
Just ordered a Colt H3 buffer. Received it in a plastic baggy marked as such. Buffer face is marked only with an "H," not the "H3" I was expecting. I don't have a precise scale handy, and before I punch out the roll pin to check the weights, I'd be interested to hear if anyone knows whether current production Colt heavy buffers are all simply marked "H," or whether they should be stamped "H2," H3," etc.

MarkG
08-20-11, 21:13
Just ordered a Colt H3 buffer. Received it in a plastic baggy marked as such. Buffer face is marked only with an "H," not the "H3" I was expecting. I don't have a precise scale handy, and before I punch out the roll pin to check the weights, I'd be interested to hear if anyone knows whether current production Colt heavy buffers are all simply marked "H," or whether they should be stamped "H2," H3," etc.

They are marked with H3 or just 3. Who did you order it from?

C4IGrant
08-20-11, 21:15

You got an H buffer.

C4

crazymoose
08-20-11, 21:44
Thanks, was pretty sure I got ****ed, since the buffer feels a lot lighter than the 9mm I had handy. This was from Midway. I'll order from Grant next time. Never use the big venders for things like barrels and BCGs, but I figured they could handle a simple buffer.

jet80tv
08-21-11, 01:03
You call them up and make them make it right or return it. You only got "****ed" if you allow yourself to get "****ed". No reason not to contact them and let them know thoroughly that they "****ed" up because they dont ever F up and take less than what you were charged from your account.

Iraqgunz
08-21-11, 01:23
Exactly what I was going to say. When buying AR stuff I always stay with those who know about AR's and not some massive company like Midway, CTD, etc..

You call them up and make them make it right or return it. You only got "****ed" if you allow yourself to get "****ed". No reason not to contact them and let them know thoroughly that they "****ed" up because they dont ever F up and take less than what you were charged from your account.

crazymoose
08-21-11, 02:44
Fully intend to. That was part of the reason that I was reluctant to drive out the pin to see if the weights were steel or tungsten, because I didn't want to ding anything up and make the buffer un-returnable.