PDA

View Full Version : Finally done with higher education!

nimdabew
08-21-11, 00:40
I just got my final grade back and I have satisfied all graduation requirements for my degree! I don't know if I should go out and celebrate or if I should buckle down and start on the next thing I have planned.

BS in professional aeronautics from Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University and I managed to not get a dismal GPA that I wouldn't feel bad to put on a resume.

Anyone in need the services of a competent commercial pilot, single/multi engine land, instrument airplane?

Jer
08-21-11, 03:18
Congratulations. FL or AZ?

Tough time to be looking for a job as a pilot. My buddy graduated from Embry-Riddle quite a few years ago and has quite a bit of experience yet still is having a tough time nailing down anything consistent. Last I talked to him he was talking about relocating to Moscow to fly for FedEx I think. I could put you in touch with him as I know he's a smart dude but I just don't know how much help he could offer.

nimdabew
08-21-11, 09:04
Arizona for the first 2.5 years, but I wasn't getting any flight time because of a lack of instructors at the time. I relocated back home for the last 1.5 years. I took a 2.5 year hiatus because of a girl of all things, and now just finished.

Avenger29
08-21-11, 09:38
I just got my final grade back and I have satisfied all graduation requirements for my degree! I don't know if I should go out and celebrate or if I should buckle down and start on the next thing I have planned.

BS in professional aeronautics from Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University and I managed to not get a dismal GPA that I wouldn't feel bad to put on a resume.

Anyone in need the services of a competent commercial pilot, single/multi engine land, instrument airplane?

How many hours you got? The fed .gov hires small aircraft pilots (NPS, Border Patrol, others)... check out usajobs.gov

I should buckle down and start on the next thing I have planned.

Find. A. Job ASAP. hopefully it won't be one that involves "You want fries with that?"

nimdabew
08-21-11, 09:45
Find. A. Job ASAP. hopefully it won't be one that involves "You want fries with that?"

That's the plan. I have a FT job right now (had to pay for school somehow) that pays the bills, but hopefully within 6 months, I will have my CFII and MEI certificates and do that as a side job. As for USA jobs, they usually require at minimum 1000 hours total time before they even bother looking at your resume and I don't have that (350 TT, 250 PIC, maybe 35 multi)

warpigM-4
08-21-11, 09:49
Congrats ..I wish I could fly a Guy that worked with me took me up in a 1968 Cessna ,I said i always want to touch the clouds as a kid and he flew me into one at 13000 feet and slowed and I opened the widow,when he cut the engine back it was so quiet .WOW it was amazing ,then he let me fly around some it was one of the best feelings I envy you:D

GermanSynergy
08-21-11, 11:32
Congrats! I got my degree mailed to me, in lieu of walking in a ceremony with a bunch of people I didn't know. Celebrated by going to the range. :cool:

Avenger29
08-21-11, 12:01
(350 TT, 250 PIC, maybe 35 multi)

Unfortunately, that's below almost all professional level paying flight jobs as you well know.

Banner towing, pipeline patrol, flying checks (if they even do that any more), you MIGHT be able to find some ag work, I don't know...network the hell out of your aviation field contacts and their contacts.

nimdabew
08-21-11, 12:01
Congrats! I got my degree mailed to me, in lieu of walking in a ceremony with a bunch of people I didn't know. Celebrated by going to the range. :cool:

This is how I am doing mine. I might stop by the ceremony for the free cookies and drinks and to walk around the museum of flight for the day though.

Magic_Salad0892
08-22-11, 04:12
You could always do that thing you haven't done in a while.

Sleep...