PDA

View Full Version : Canted FSB reinstall??

TROPICS
08-21-11, 10:58
Is it possible to get the front sight tower canted after reinstalling it or does it pretty much line itself up? The reason i ask is i recently had a rail installed and i had never fired the rifle before i had it installed....i took it out today and shot and it was around 6 inches to the right at 50 yards....i was able to drift the rear sight and get it sighted in, but every ar i have ever shot has been pretty close to center without having to adjust it....thanks

Eric D.
08-21-11, 12:32
There a pin in the barrel extension and a notch in the upper receiver for that pin to slide into so the fsb alignment should not change much. The only thing that can cause misalignment is an over-torqued barrel nut.

C4IGrant
08-21-11, 12:59
Is it possible to get the front sight tower canted after reinstalling it or does it pretty much line itself up? The reason i ask is i recently had a rail installed and i had never fired the rifle before i had it installed....i took it out today and shot and it was around 6 inches to the right at 50 yards....i was able to drift the rear sight and get it sighted in, but every ar i have ever shot has been pretty close to center without having to adjust it....thanks

Yes it is. Typically the reason for this is because the pins were not driven back in all the way.

C4