PDA

View Full Version : Movie Awesomeness...."13 Assassins"

Gutshot John
08-21-11, 15:38
Netflix instant queue...watch it now...you'll be glad you did.

Honu
08-21-11, 15:55
in my list for a few days and should get to it in a few days :) sounds like it was pretty good trying to finish up some other shows first :)

Gutshot John
08-21-11, 15:57
Honestly it's the best movie I've seen this year.

JackOSU
08-21-11, 16:48
I concur. Very good movie. Starts off kind of slow, but the last 50 minutes are full of win for sure.

Honu
08-22-11, 10:07
I am a huge Akira Kurosawa fan the originator of all cool :)

actually took film study in school and since I am a photographer and have a post production company love movies and such so really looking forward to getting to this

DTHN2LGS
08-22-11, 13:39
The 50 minute battle scene is great!

I saw it on Blu-ray and the disc was scratched, so I had to go to the bad spot on Streaming to see it without skipping. Shit happens.

A damn good Samurai movie!!!

ETA: If you like Kung-fu movies, see Ip Man and Ip Man 2.

TriumphRat675
08-22-11, 14:45
Just saw this on Saturday. A little over the top, but all samurai movies are. Great flick.

While I was watching it I was half-wondering to myself why it was so easy to follow and pleasant to watch, which was right before I noticed that unlike US movies, the director and editor used shots that lasted more than 1/2 second.

variablebinary
08-22-11, 17:25
I watched about 1/2 of it last night. Enjoying it a great deal so far.

PaulL
08-22-11, 17:37
I was impressed with this one. It has to be a pretty good movie to keep me reading subtitles. I was literally having some edge-of-the-seat moments, which doesn't normally happen. I also liked the camera work. It was just...pleasant, and not all spastic and seizure-inducing like most of the stuff out there.