PDA

View Full Version : Vickers Tactical AK Class - South Hill, Virginia

Pages : [1] 2

VA_Dinger
08-16-06, 15:07
Vickers Tactical AK class:
Topics covered include safety, stance, zeroing for iron sights and optics, sight alignment and trigger control. Familiarization with their carbine includes field stripping and maintenance. Other subject matter that is covered includes reloads, presentation, shooting positions, and introduction to different skill drills including dry fire and bullseye shooting. Malfunction drills and shooting on the move as well as transitions. Timed fire drills and evaluations based on class skill level. Instruction on the development of the AK and variations, as well as suggested modifications.

- Class dates:

Class #1: March 10-11, 2007 - Completed

Class #2: May 5 & 6 , 2007 - Completed

Class #3: August 4-5, 2007 - Completed

- Must shoot an AK or AK variant (Galil, Valmet, VZ 58 style rifles, etc.)
- Primary Instructor: Larry Vickers
- Assistant Instructor: DP
- Location: Private range is South Hill, Virginia (Directions will be provided during class sign-up).
- Price: $375
- Class size: Maximum sixteen students
- Serviceable handgun (For transition training) of at least 9mm
- Ammo: 800 rifle, 150 pistol

Gear requirements:

(1.) Eye & Ear protection (electronic hearing protection is preferred)
(2.) Minimum four (4) high capacity AK mags
(3.) Minimum two (2) handgun mags
(4.) Chest pouch to hold 3-4 AK mags would be “Nice” – LAV quote
(5.) Handgun mag pouch - Ability to carry a spare pistol mag on body.
(6.) Serviceable AK sling- suitable for a variety of shooting positions - tactical type preferred
(7.) Suitable range wear depending on the season
(8.) Rifles zeroed at 100 meters.
(9.) Good attitude.

There are no pre-requisites for this course. It can be your very first class. As a matter of fact if you are familiar with AK’s at all, you will probably be ahead of the curve. That being said this is not a beginner class either, in Larry's words "This class will knock their socks off"

***Vickers Tactical sponsors will be providing free give a ways that will be used as prizes during the class. ***

Larry will be bringing several different AK's to the class for everybody to check out.

Larry will also be bringing an authentic German WWII StG43/MP43 Sturmgewehr from his personal collection for everyone to examine and shoot (limited amount of shooting).

Please contact me if you’re interested in attending.

VA_Dinger
08-16-06, 15:43
I'm not sure how many of you are aware of it, but Larry Vickers (www.vickerstactical.com) is a serious fan of the AK. He owns a very large collection of them himself, including several that are very rare. In every VT class I have attended Larry always brings an AK along and holds a short AK explanation and demonstration. Even in his AR/M4 orientated classes. He mentioned wanting to hold an AK class to me almost two years ago, but everybody got so busy that it got forgotten. Yesterday I spoke with him and we got the ball rolling.

Larry is very excited about teaching this class and is looking forward to it.

I have the feeling this is going to be one fun as hell class. :D

TOrrock
08-16-06, 16:17
Thanks for putting this together and for posting it on AKForum. I missed out on Pat Roger's class but will definitely do my damndest to make this.

Thanks again!

Now I just have to figure out WHICH AK to bring.........:cool:

So, who do I need to email to get in on this?

M4arc
08-16-06, 16:51
Please add me to the list for this class. w00t!

VA_Dinger
08-16-06, 16:54
Thanks for putting this together and for posting it on AKForum. I missed out on Pat Roger's class but will definitely do my damndest to make this.

Thanks again!

Now I just have to figure out WHICH AK to bring.........:cool:

So, who do I need to email to get in on this?

No problem Tim.

AKforum seems like a great group of guys and a well run forum. It also seemed like a logical partnership. :D

AKforum thread:
http://www.akforum.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7996

I'm sure with Larry's and DP's instruction, and our two forums filling it we will have a great class.

***Four seats are filled already***

mark5pt56
08-16-06, 18:29
I think Marc may have twisted my arm-I have to check with the boss so I don't get the other really twisted.

Mark

Jay Cunningham
08-16-06, 18:36
AKforum seems like a great group of guys and a well run forum. It also seemed like a logical partnership. :D

+1 :D

Dinger, I contacted you via the AK Forum PM. Please put me down on the list for this course.

VA_Dinger
08-16-06, 19:16
This is my "Hell No I'm not going to clean it" class.

My secondary is going to be Glock.

:D

Current class roster:
(1.) M4arc
(2.) Yrac
(3.) Templar
(4.) Thekatar
(5.) mark5pt56
(6.) Bulldog1967
(7.) C4iGrant
(8.) Va_Dinger

M4arc
08-16-06, 19:33
I just thought I'd post a little picture of the AK I'll run in the class :D

Romanian "G" kit built on a 1mm Type II Global Trades receiver. Chris Bulter built it.

http://members.cox.net/mwinder3/images/romy.JPG

Bulldog1967
08-16-06, 19:52
Oh what the hell, put me in too.

ETA holy shit is that a long way to drive from NoVa!

Guess I better find a hotel!

VA_Dinger
08-16-06, 19:55
Oh what the hell, put me in too.

ETA holy shit is that a long way to drive from NoVa!

Guess I better find a hotel!

10-4, and welcome aboard. It's been a few years since we have attended a class together.

Many of us can help in locating hotels in the area. Just let us know.

Jay Cunningham
08-16-06, 19:57
My sidearm will also be a Glock; in this case a 19 with night sights.

I suspect I'll be using my Global Trades SSR-85B in 7.62x39mm for this course.

I could bring my NFA AK-105 in 5.45mm an an alternate.

How are the NFA laws in VA?

Bulldog1967
08-16-06, 20:12
10-4, and welcome aboard. It's been a few years since we have attended a class together.

It's been too long for sure. Ilook forward to it.

I'm glad to hear LV is an AK fanatic.

Ever since Blackwater I've been building them myself and the AR's get hardly any lovin'.:eek:

TOrrock
08-16-06, 20:29
My sidearm will also be a Glock; in this case a 19 with night sights.

I suspect I'll be using my Global Trades SSR-85B in 7.62x39mm for this course.

I could bring my NFA AK-105 in 5.45mm an an alternate.

How are the NFA laws in VA?

We're pretty NFA friendly, I'd love to get an upclose look at that 105!

I'm probably going to use my SLR-105A1 as my primary, with my SA-M5 as backup, but I've got a fair amount of time to decide.......

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v613/Tim_Orrock/Range%20Day%209-13-05/Half%20Sized%20Range%20Day/RangePics9-13-05002.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v613/Tim_Orrock/Range%206-11-06/sam501.jpg

mark5pt56
08-16-06, 21:15
Winder is driving!--I'll cover the 9mm

I'll be wringing out the Vector with E. German side folder with a back up Norinco 56S and old reliable G17.

TOrrock
08-16-06, 22:01
Does anyone REALLY expect they might need a "backup" AK? :D

VA_Dinger
08-17-06, 10:33
I think Marc may have twisted my arm-I have to check with the boss so I don't get the other really twisted.

Mark

Mark, that's great.

Welcome aboard.

John_Wayne777
08-17-06, 10:46
I am sorely tempted by this.

I have never had the chance to run my VEPR-II K in a class setting before...I would love to do it.

If I see the calendar correctly, this happens on a Saturday and a Sunday....which means I might just be able to make it. I start classes again on the 28th and should be getting syllabuses from my profs then...If there is no test scheduled for the 12th, then I might just have to do this. (Going back to school as an old fogey like me is no fun...)

Do we need to put a deposit in to hold a space in the class?

VA_Dinger
08-17-06, 17:56
Do we need to put a deposit in to hold a space in the class?

We are not requiring a deposit at the moment. I’m just asking for an email commitment that you would like to sign-up for the class. I use these emails to form the class roster. I will then contact everybody in a month or so and pass along the payment instructions, directions to range, last minute instructions, etc. This formula has worked out well so far. I've only had a limited number of dropouts in the classes I've organized. While dropouts do suck for me because I have to scramble to fill the seat, it has been manageable so far with only a very small number of empty seats. If guys contact me early enough it's usually not a huge problem.

FYI- It's a Saturday & Sunday.

Just let me know and I will add you to the list.

mark5pt56
08-17-06, 19:22
Ak or not--anything breaks!

TOrrock
08-17-06, 19:39
Ak or not--anything breaks!

Very true, and I'll be brining at least one spare myself.....:D

John_Wayne777
08-18-06, 09:56
The temptation is too much.

Sign me up for a slot. If The Lord is willing, I should be able to pull it off, and knowing this far in advance I should be able to schedule sanely enough to permit attending.

I knew I should have never come to this forum. I somehow knew it was going to cost me money....

...Now I have to go find something to carry some AK mags in....

VA_Dinger
08-18-06, 09:57
John_Wayne777 & C4iGrant just pushed us over the half way mark. Now Grant is in the market to buy an AK. :)

Current class roster:
(1.) M4arc
(2.) Yrac
(3.) Templar
(4.) Thekatar
(5.) mark5pt56
(6.) Bulldog1967
(7.) C4iGrant
(8.) John_Wayne777
(9.) Va_Dinger

We are at 9/16 as of today.

M4arc
08-18-06, 10:15

I love it. You guys that don't own an AK yet are in for a real treat :D

If you thought ARs were bad you ain't seen nothing yet. Now you get to learn about Russian, Bulgarian, Polish, Hungarian, E German, Egyptian & Chinese AKs to name a few. You get to learn about AK-47, AK74, AK-103, AKM, AKMS, Tantels, milled/stamped, slab side/ribbed magazines :D

I'll just say it right now...WELOME TO THE DARK SIDE :cool:

VA_Dinger
08-18-06, 11:46
:)

I know, just what I needed.

Another rifle to feed.

Jay Cunningham
08-18-06, 14:29
Dinger,

If you or anybody gets a chance to talk to Mr. Vickers, could you find out what type of zero he wants for the AK?

I know this course is a ways off, but I'd like to get my carbine zeroed and get comfortable with it as soon as possible.

TOrrock
08-18-06, 14:29
I can bring a couple loaners if anyone wants to attend the class but doesn't have an AK yet.

subzero
08-18-06, 14:34
This is quite tempting. I like shooting my ARs and hate buying new stuff, but the prospect of learning a new weapons system sounds like fun. I'll have to talk to Chris when he gets back from his boat trip to see if he'd be down for it. He's been talking about buying an AK for a while now.

VA_Dinger
08-18-06, 17:07
This is quite tempting. I like shooting my ARs and hate buying new stuff, but the prospect of learning a new weapons system sounds like fun. I'll have to talk to Chris when he gets back from his boat trip to see if he'd be down for it. He's been talking about buying an AK for a while now.

Why fight it?

You know we cannot have a class in South Hill without Tom & Chris. Plus Chris is going to be coming back with his pockets filled with cash. It's our duty to help him spent it on a new AK and training.

Just sign the both of you up. :D

VA_Dinger
08-19-06, 15:24
Dinger,

If you or anybody gets a chance to talk to Mr. Vickers, could you find out what type of zero he wants for the AK?

Got an answer today.

Larry wants everybody to show up to the class with a solid 100 meter zero.

I'm going to add this to the class info section for future reference.

JC_
08-19-06, 15:34
I do not have an AK either... What would one look for if they decided to buy an AK? Is there a prefered manufacture / type?

VA_Dinger
08-19-06, 15:38
I do not have an AK either... What would one look for if they decided to buy an AK? Is there a prefered manufacture / type?

Should I add your name to the class list? :D

Go check out the "Other Assault Rifles" forum, we are discussing AK purchasing right now. Templar should get you straight.

I need to buy one myself.

TOrrock
08-19-06, 15:54

I don't want to hijack the thread, but there are many options....price dependent.

Check out the "Other Assault Rifles" section...and also take a look at www.akforum.net

Good rule of thumb, avoid the cheapest path.

I'd also say that in my experience, Arsenal Inc. makes the best AK variant out there, hands down. Think of them as you would a top tier AR manufacturer.

If you have any questions, shoot me an email or pm or start a thread, I don't mind helping......:cool:

JC_
08-19-06, 16:05
Yeah, sorry about the attempted hijack. I started a new thread in the appropriate forum. I will spend some time reading the old posts to get up to speed. Thanks for the offer Templar I am sure I will be asking questions as the quest for info goes on. Dinger offered to help me out a few years ago on 1911s, I still pester him with new questions when they come up concerning the newest gear.

Don't sign me up for the class yet Dinger. But, let me know when you are down to the last few seats just the same. ;)

Heavy Metal
08-19-06, 18:21
What the Hell, sign me up! Sounds like fun!

Robb Jensen
08-19-06, 20:03
John_Wayne777 & C4iGrant just pushed us over the half way mark. Now Grant is in the market to buy an AK. :)

Current class roster:
(1.) M4arc
(2.) Yrac
(3.) Templar
(4.) Thekatar
(5.) mark5pt56
(6.) Bulldog1967
(7.) C4iGrant
(8.) John_Wayne777
(9.) Va_Dinger

We are at 9/16 as of today.

Add me brothers! :cool:

TOrrock
08-19-06, 20:05
Add me brothers! :cool:

Cool deal Robb! :D

VA_Dinger
08-19-06, 20:26
Welcome aboard to gotm4 & Heavy Metal

New class roster as of today:

(1.) M4arc
(2.) Yrac
(3.) Templar
(4.) Thekatar
(5.) mark5pt56
(6.) Bulldog1967
(7.) C4iGrant
(8.) John_Wayne777
(9.) gotm4
(10.) Heavy Metal
(11.) Va_Dinger

We are now at 11/16 seats filled, but I will be taking names for a stand-by list to cover any drop-outs.

subzero
08-20-06, 12:08
May as well put Chris and I down for the class. I'll start shopping for an AK as soon as I get the car lowered and aligned.

VA_Dinger
08-20-06, 15:40
Welcome aboard to Subzero, Chris914, Vinh, and Panzerschreck.

New class roster:

(1.) M4arc
(2.) Yrac
(3.) Templar
(4.) Thekatar
(5.) mark5pt56
(6.) Bulldog1967
(7.) C4iGrant
(8.) John_Wayne777
(9.) gotm4
(10.) Heavy Metal
(11.) Subzero
(12.) Chris914
(13.) Vihn
(14.) Panzerschreck
(15.) Va_Dinger
(16.)

Stand By list:
(1.) JC_
(2.) Mark B
(3.) Jim B - Gotm4's co-worker.
(4.) The_Ferret

VA_Dinger
08-21-06, 07:55
Just one seat available.

I will also be building a stand by list to cover any possible dropouts, so please don't hesitate to contact me even after the class is listed full.

Sam
08-21-06, 08:43
Va:
Did my friend Jack get in?

VA_Dinger
08-21-06, 08:50
I have not heard from him yet, but I'm holding that last seat open until I do.

M4arc
08-21-06, 09:10
Dang, that filled up fast!

I'm so looking forward to this class, it's going to be great!

RyanS
08-21-06, 09:14
I need to move to VA. You guys get to have all the fun. Man this sucks.

VA_Dinger
08-21-06, 09:28
I need to move to VA. You guys get to have all the fun. Man this sucks.

We have several guys driving or flying in for this class.

I don't even think any of the Virginia guys live close enough to comute each day.

JC_
08-21-06, 12:21
I drove 12 hours each way for the last class, if I can do it, you can do it. ;)

Jay Cunningham
08-21-06, 15:01
Looks like I'll be driving about 7 hours.

It is very refreshing to see members discussing alternate platforms without getting into pissing matches.

I have a feeling that Pat Roger's recent SWAT article, coupled with his own AK Operator's course offerings and Mr. Vicker's upcoming course has really made a lot of AR training junkies take a hard look at the Kalashnikov platform and all of their variants.

This is nice to see for a change.

Sam
08-21-06, 15:43
VA:
I've asked him to contact you asap about the status. Thanks.

Jay Cunningham
08-21-06, 16:58
We're pretty NFA friendly, I'd love to get an upclose look at that 105!

You'll just have to settle for a picture for now...

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/3403/ak105qw4.jpg

VA_Dinger
08-21-06, 16:58
VA:
I've asked him to contact you asap about the status. Thanks.

10-4, just let me know.

VA_Dinger
08-21-06, 17:00
Thekatar, it would be a crime not to bring that baby to the class. :D

RyanS
08-21-06, 17:05
We have several guys driving or flying in for this class.

I don't even think any of the Virginia guys live close enough to comute each day.

If I could drive there in a day, I would so be there. Coming from South Dakota, either flying or driving, just isn't in the cards. Maybe next year.

mark5pt56
08-21-06, 17:21
With increased interest in the system, there will be additional product to tailor the weapon for whatever purpose.

On a gear note

I don't have any dedicated AK pouches, however, a non adjustable pouch designed to fit two AR mags will fit one AK mag.

Mark

Jay Cunningham
08-21-06, 17:42
Thekatar, it would be a crime not to bring that baby to the class. :D

Consider it done!

I will be bringing more than 1 variant, of course. The hard part for me and Templar is to just limit it to two apiece!

;)

VA_Dinger
08-21-06, 17:51
Consider it done!

I will be bringing more than 1 variant, of course. The hard part for me and Templar is to just limit it to two apiece!

;)

Who said you could only bring two?

Hell, bring them all! :D

mark5pt56
08-21-06, 19:40
I think I'm saving my dollars!--the one on the front page
http://www.krebscustom.com/index.html

Dinger-I might have some info for you soon to sway your purchase thoughts mentioned earlier!--teaser, can't say

VA_Dinger
08-21-06, 20:33
Dinger-I might have some info for you soon to sway your purchase thoughts mentioned earlier!--teaser, can't say

That's just NOT right. :D

Robb Jensen
08-21-06, 20:36
I'm shooting old school. For this class I'll be using a plain jane SAR1 (just refinished metal and wood) and a slant brake. Templar will be proud! :p

As I'm usually the Gucci geared up high CDI factor ARs. :D

TOrrock
08-21-06, 20:43
I'm shooting old school. For this class I'll be using a plain jane SAR1 (just refinished metal and wood) and a slant brake. Templar will be proud! :p

I just teared up a little....I'm so proud! :o

This is going to be a fun class!

mark5pt56
08-21-06, 21:14
That's just NOT right.

I'll let you know as soon as possible

M4arc
08-21-06, 21:20
I think I'm saving my dollars!--the one on the front page
http://www.krebscustom.com/index.html

Dinger, run away as fast as you can...

Jay Cunningham
08-21-06, 21:46

I figured that I would bring the '105 and an SSR-85B (http://www.globaltrades.com/ssr-85b.html) which is a straight-up AKM pattern. That would cover both ends of the AK spectrum and I think would make for a very interesting comparison.

http://www.globaltrades.com/hi-res%20Images/image38.jpg

(not mine, but looks just like it)

M4arc
08-21-06, 21:49
I'm going old school as well.

mark5pt56
08-21-06, 22:25
Dinger, run away as fast as you can...

Dang, don't dime me out!---you might benefit as well-:eek:

TOrrock
08-22-06, 19:49

It is very refreshing to see members discussing alternate platforms without getting into pissing matches.

I have a feeling that Pat Roger's recent SWAT article, coupled with his own AK Operator's course offerings and Mr. Vicker's upcoming course has really made a lot of AR training junkies take a hard look at the Kalashnikov platform and all of their variants.

Katar, have you thought about flying in? I know it might be problematic with all the gear, but I could meet you at the Richmond airport.

I've driven through South Hill 4 times in the past two days for work. I made it to my house in Chesterfield, just south of Richmond, in about 1hr. 15 minutes tonight.

I'll still probably just get a room in one of the hotels down there rather than commuting.

TOrrock
08-22-06, 20:23
Dinger, my buddy Ferrett just emailed me that he'd like that last slot.

I sent you an email just now.

Thanks!

VA_Dinger
08-23-06, 06:01
Dinger, my buddy Ferrett just emailed me that he'd like that last slot.

I sent you an email just now.

Thanks!

10-4, right now I have to add him to the standby list but that might change soon. That spot is for Sam's friend, but I have not heard from him yet. I also have Jim B one spot above him on the list.

I'm also thinking about asking Larry if we can bump the class to eighteen students. That would only make for nine per string and still leave me two guys on standby. He usually prefers smaller classes, but I'm going to ask later tonight.

Current class roster:

(1.) M4arc
(2.) Yrac
(3.) Templar
(4.) Thekatar
(5.) mark5pt56
(6.) Bulldog1967
(7.) C4iGrant
(8.) John_Wayne777
(9.) gotm4
(10.) Heavy Metal
(11.) Subzero
(12.) Chris914
(13.) Vihn
(14.) Panzerschreck
(15.) Va_Dinger
(16.) blaster22

Stand By list:
(1.) JC_
(2.) Mark B
(3.) The_Ferret
(4.) themadhatter
(5.) Reserved
(6.) Reserved
(7.) Reserved
(8.) Joe Mamma

Sam
08-23-06, 07:14
VA:
I feel bad that others are waiting for the last slot. He's had plenty of time to think it over. This business is first come first serve. Please don't inconvenience your friends. Thanks.

themadhatter
08-23-06, 09:12
how the hell did i miss this:confused:........can i get on the Stand By list???

VA_Dinger
08-23-06, 09:18
how the hell did i miss this:confused:........can i get on the Stand By list???

No Problem.

Please send me a PM with your contact info.

Thanks

VA_Dinger
08-23-06, 11:35
VA:
I feel bad that others are waiting for the last slot. He's had plenty of time to think it over. This business is first come first serve. Please don't inconvenience your friends. Thanks.

No problem Sam, I will give the rest of today to contact me. After that he will go to the standby list.

Sam
08-23-06, 13:02
VA:
I got an email from him, he asked me to pass this to you because his emails to you kept bouncing back for some reason, he had been trying to contact you. He won't be able to attend the class, please offer the slot the next lucky guy.
Thanks again for your patience.

VA_Dinger
08-23-06, 13:53
VA:
I got an email from him, he asked me to pass this to you because his emails to you kept bouncing back for some reason, he had been trying to contact you. He won't be able to attend the class, please offer the slot the next lucky guy.
Thanks again for your patience.

10-4, thanks Sam

That means Gotm4's co-worker ( Jim B ) just made the class roster.

John_Wayne777
08-23-06, 13:56

Nah.

I am just a training addict. Somebody could offer a course on the Sharps rifle and I would be itching to do that too despite not having a Sharps rifle.

I am just a sucker for training.

mark5pt56
08-23-06, 19:45
For those interested, The Armory in Va. Beach (757)424 1617 will have a minimum of one pallet of 5.45 tomorrow.
other calibers in the AK family will be in attendance as well.

Dinger, Here's your treat!--now get that 105!---find one for Marc while you're at it:cool:

Here's another idea for some gear
http://www.diamondbacktactical.com/BattleLab-AK47-Low-Vis-Rack-LV6-P798C90.aspx

Mark

VA_Dinger
08-24-06, 07:10
For those interested, The Armory in Va. Beach (757)424 1617 will have a minimum of one pallet of 5.45 tomorrow.
other calibers in the AK family will be in attendance as well.

Dinger, Here's your treat!--now get that 105!---find one for Marc while you're at it:cool:

Here's another idea for some gear
http://www.diamondbacktactical.com/BattleLab-AK47-Low-Vis-Rack-LV6-P798C90.aspx

Mark

Thanks for the heads up.

I need to decide if I'm buying an AK-47 or a AK-74 before Marie sells all of it.

mark5pt56
08-24-06, 07:20
Don't snooze!

TOrrock
08-24-06, 07:24
Thanks for the heads up.

I need to decide if I'm buying an AK-47 or a AK-74 before Marie sells all of it.

Both.:D

M4arc
08-24-06, 07:56
Both.:D

That's what I've been telling him :D

I'm kicking myself in the ass for not listening to you when you told me to buy an SLR-105. Now I'm having a bitch of a time finding one...:mad:

If your buddy Greg doesn't pan out I found a dealer that has two in stock so I'll get one from him. Moral of the story? Listen to Templar!

mark5pt56
08-24-06, 09:18
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=76&t=89099

M4arc
08-24-06, 10:11
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=76&t=89099

Those are going to use a 1.6mm Global Trades receiver. I like that Blair is doing these but I don't like the fact that they are being built on 1.6mm receivers. I wish they were going with the standard 1.0mm.

Either way I'm sure they'll be nice and a good deal but don't expect to run Bulgarian waffle mags in them.

VA_Dinger
08-24-06, 16:18
Due to the overwhelming response to this class we are contemplating either adding more seats to the class (2-4 extra seats) or holding a second identical class a few weeks later.

Do you guys think we could fill a second class?

TOrrock
08-24-06, 16:20
I'm pretty sure we could....and if we could add a couple or 4 into the class I think it would be great. You'll have some very motivated people in the class, that's for sure.

mark5pt56
08-24-06, 16:30
I would say ask the person running the class.

Seeing it from both sides, I would say limit the people. I don't want to pay to watch others shoot and I'm sure most feel the same. Two relays is the limit-that's if the range can hold 8-10. The problem comes in when isolated drills are run-then the line gets real long.

Anytime you have more than two relays, it shows up in the critique.:(

Mark

VA_Dinger
08-24-06, 16:35
I would say ask the person running the class.

Seeing it from both sides, I would say limit the people. I don't want to pay to watch others shoot and I'm sure most feel the same. Two relays is the limit-that's if the range can hold 8-10. The problem comes in when isolated drills are run-then the line gets real long.

Anytime you have more than two relays, it shows up in the critique.:(

Mark

I could not agree more.

We would never go above two relays. I'm just talking about adding 2-4 extra guys to the class. I'm sure 9-10 per relay would not pose a problem.

OR

Just set up a second class.

M4arc
08-24-06, 16:41
I don't care either way really. I think this class is going to be so fun I say the more the merrier!

Whatever the Instructor and you guys decide is fine with me :)

Jay Cunningham
08-24-06, 19:42
I'm glad that mark5pt56 brought it up because the size of the class was beginning to concern me as well.

VA_Dinger
08-24-06, 19:52
I'm glad that mark5pt56 brought it up because the size of the class was beginning to concern me as well.

I doubt we would go with more than two 8-10 man relays.

mark5pt56
08-24-06, 20:55
Shot the Vector some more today. Fun fun fun fun fun! I'm stoked about the 107 is it? I do want the sight rail on it, has anyone heard anymore on it's release?

I'm really tempted to ge the classic from Vector in the meantime. I guess for the price of the new Arsenals, I should wait--and get two!:eek:

Mark

Heavy Metal
08-24-06, 22:26
Dinger,

As quickly as this class filled, I suspect you would have no difficulty whatsoever filling a second class.

VA_Dinger
08-25-06, 06:20
Dinger,

As quickly as this class filled, I suspect you would have no difficulty whatsoever filling a second class.

That’s what I was thinking, but it's up to Larry. He is out teaching a class at the moment. I will ask about it when we get the time to discuss it.

** If we do set up a second class I would appreciate help from you guys in filling it. Tell your friends and spread the word. ***

mark5pt56
08-25-06, 08:21
I don't think you would have a problem filling it. If this one is capped at 16, you already have 4 and I bet some were on the fence and won't after a review.

Jay Cunningham
08-25-06, 08:29
Shot the Vector some more today. Fun fun fun fun fun! I'm stoked about the 107 is it? I do want the sight rail on it, has anyone heard anymore on it's release?

I'm really tempted to ge the classic from Vector in the meantime. I guess for the price of the new Arsenals, I should wait--and get two!:eek:

Mark

AK's are "fun" to shoot - I don't know why or what other way to describe it. I love my AR's, of course, but AK's are a fun time at the range, square or otherwise.

:D :D :D

mark5pt56
08-25-06, 08:47
AK's are "fun" to shoot - I don't know why or what other way to describe it. I love my AR's, of course, but AK's are a fun time at the range, square or otherwise.

That's it! the only explanation I have is that you don't beat your head against the wall when you don't get a 1" group. You accept that the AK's(most) won't and you have a blast "plinking" I did and wacked away on the steel plate.

Mark

Joe Mamma
08-27-06, 00:59
VA Dinger, please add me to the Stand By List. I'm definitely interested. Thanks.

Joe Mamma

VA_Dinger
08-27-06, 09:36
VA Dinger, please add me to the Stand By List. I'm definitely interested. Thanks.

Joe Mamma

10-4, please send me a PM with your contact info.

(1.) M4arc
(2.) Yrac
(3.) Templar
(4.) Thekatar
(5.) mark5pt56
(6.) Bulldog1967
(7.) C4iGrant
(8.) John_Wayne777
(9.) gotm4
(10.) Heavy Metal
(11.) Subzero
(12.) Chris914
(13.) Vihn
(14.) Panzerschreck
(15.) blaster22
(16.) Va_Dinger

Stand By list:
(1.) JC_
(2.) Mark B
(3.) The_Ferret
(4.) themadhatter
(5.) JW777
(6.) Reserved
(7.) Reserved
(8.) Reserved
(9.) Joe Mamma

VA_Dinger
08-29-06, 20:03
Larry & Dave authorized me today to start setting up a 2nd identical AK class. This was due to the large number of guys sitting on the stand by list. The tentative dates for the second class are April 7-8, 2007. I will post more details later this week.

***If anybody from either class would like to switch dates please contact me***

Class #1 March 10-11, 2007
(1.) M4arc
(2.) Yrac
(3.) Templar
(4.) Thekatar
(5.) mark5pt56
(6.) Bulldog1967
(7.) C4iGrant
(8.) John_Wayne777
(9.) gotm4
(10.) Heavy Metal
(11.) Subzero
(12.) Chris914
(13.) Vihn
(14.) Panzerschreck
(15.) blaster22
(16.) Va_Dinger

Class #2 Tentative date: April 7-8, 2007
(1.) The_Ferret
(2.) JW777
(3.) Mr. Farley
(4.) Lynn F
(5.) Dave C
(6.) Joe Mamma
(7.) Erick Gelhaus
(8.)
(9.)
(10.)
(11.)
(12.)
(13.)
(14.)
(15.)
(16.)

Stand by List:
(1.) JC_
(2.) Mark B
(3.) themadhatter - Class #1 only

TOrrock
08-29-06, 20:05
Good deal.

Do you want to post this on AKforum.net?

VA_Dinger
08-29-06, 20:26
Good deal.

Do you want to post this on AKforum.net?

Yes please.

I'm asking for any help you guys can offer in getting the word out.

I just tripled my pain level.

Please help me in fill the 2nd class ASAP. :D

TOrrock
08-29-06, 20:35
Done! :D

mark5pt56
08-29-06, 20:41
Yes please.

I'm asking for any help you guys can offer in getting the word out.

I just tripled my pain level.

Please help me in filling the 2nd class. :D

We all appreciate you doing this work Paul!

you don't have anything else to do anyway-------:eek:

VA_Dinger
08-29-06, 20:48
We all appreciate you doing this work Paul!

you don't have anything else to do anyway-------:eek:

I'm on the clock tonight anyways.

mark5pt56
08-29-06, 21:17

I'm on the clock tonight anyways.

My point!

themadhatter
08-30-06, 06:31
Larry & Dave authorized me today to start setting up a 2nd identical AK class. This was due to the large number of guys sitting on the stand by list. The tentative dates for the second class are April 7-8, 2007. I will post more details later this week.

***If anybody from either class would like to switch dates please contact me***

(1.) M4arc
(2.) Yrac
(3.) Templar
(4.) Thekatar
(5.) mark5pt56
(6.) Bulldog1967
(7.) C4iGrant
(8.) John_Wayne777
(9.) gotm4
(10.) Heavy Metal
(11.) Subzero
(12.) Chris914
(13.) Vihn
(14.) Panzerschreck
(15.) blaster22
(16.) Va_Dinger

(1.) The_Ferret
(2.) themadhatter
(3.) JW777
(4.) Mr. Farley
(5.) Lynn F
(6.) Dave C
(7.) Joe Mamma
(8.)
(9.)
(10.)
(11.)
(12.)
(13.)
(14.)
(15.)
(16.)

Stand by List for both classes:
(1.) JC_
(2.) Mark B can you take me off the 2nd but keep me on the standby list for the 1st class..thanks

VA_Dinger
08-30-06, 08:01
can you take me off the 2nd but keep me on the standby list for the 1st class..thanks

No problem.

Erick Gelhaus
08-30-06, 12:42
If there are still openings for Round 2, can you add me?

VA_Dinger
08-30-06, 12:47
If there are still openings for Round 2, can you add me?

No problem.

Just sent me a PM or email with your contact information.

Welcome aboard.

Current class Rosters:

(1.) M4arc
(2.) Yrac
(3.) Templar
(4.) Thekatar
(5.) mark5pt56
(6.) Bulldog1967
(7.) C4iGrant
(8.) John_Wayne777
(9.) gotm4
(10.) Heavy Metal
(11.) Subzero
(12.) Chris914
(13.) Vihn "The Vihninator"
(14.) Panzerschreck
(15.) blaster22
(16.) Va_Dinger

* Special Guest - Ken Hackathorn
(1.) The_Ferret
(2.) Mr. Farley
(3.) Lynn F
(4.) Dave C
(5.) Joe Mamma
(6.) Erick Gelhaus
(7.) Chris C
(8.) vcpk9
(9.)
(10.)
(11.)
(12.)
(13.)
(14.)
(15.)
(16.)

Stand by List:
(1.) JC_
(2.) Mark B

VA_Dinger
08-30-06, 23:07
FYI - Mr. Ken Hackathorn will be attending the 2nd class as a special guest instructor.

John_Wayne777
08-31-06, 10:01
FYI - Mr. Ken Hackathorn will be attending the 2nd class as a special guest instructor.

Dinger, ol pal....

You might want to remove JW777 from the second class....He happens to be me, and I am already registered for the first one.

Either they are working you too hard, or this is a sinister plot to make me spend even MORE money on training that all you people are in on.

I am unsure which it is, but I got my eye on my wallet and YOU!!!

VA_Dinger
08-31-06, 10:40
Dinger, ol pal....

You might want to remove JW777 from the second class....He happens to be me, and I am already registered for the first one.

Either they are working you too hard, or this is a sinister plot to make me spend even MORE money on training that all you people are in on.

I am unsure which it is, but I got my eye on my wallet and YOU!!!

You caught me.

I just got the JW777 mixed up with John_Wayne777. I'm receiving around 10-15 emails a day from guys. Most just want to ask questions. I answer each one of them when I get home from work

It's hard to keep it all straight sometimes.

TOrrock
08-31-06, 14:15
Dinger, my buddy vcpk9 from AKForum needs in for the second class.

Thanks!

:cool:

VA_Dinger
08-31-06, 14:57
Dinger, my buddy vcpk9 from AKForum needs in for the second class.

Thanks!

10-4, PM sent for his contact info.

That also means we have reached the half way point in filling class #2.

VA_Dinger
09-07-06, 08:40
Welcome aboard to Aimless.

New class rosters:

(1.) M4arc
(2.) Yrac
(3.) Templar
(4.) Thekatar
(5.) mark5pt56
(6.) Bulldog1967
(7.) C4iGrant
(8.) John_Wayne777
(9.) gotm4
(10.) Heavy Metal
(11.) Subzero
(12.) Chris914
(14.) Panzerschreck
(15.) blaster22
(16.) Va_Dinger

(1.) The_Ferret
(2.) Mr. Farley
(3.) Lynn F
(4.) Dave C
(5.) Joe Mamma
(6.) Erick Gelhaus
(7.) NCPatrolAR
(8.) vcpk9
(9.) Aimless
(10.) Dhrith
(11.)
(12.)
(13.)
(14.)
(15.)
(16.)

Stand by List:
(1.) JC_
(2.) Mark B

VA_Dinger
09-07-06, 08:58
Larry also placed these classes on his websites "Training Schedule" section with a link to this class thread.

http://www.vickerstactical.com/training/schedule.htm

I know we have plenty of time until the class but my work is about to go nuts for the next two months. I would like to get these classes filled before the mayhem starts.

VA_Dinger
09-16-06, 13:34
I would like to welcome Dhrith & Richard N into class AK class #2.

Welcome aboard.

Current Class Rosters:

(1.) M4arc
(2.) Yrac
(3.) Templar
(4.) Thekatar
(5.) mark5pt56
(6.) Bulldog1967
(7.) C4iGrant
(8.) John_Wayne777
(9.) gotm4
(10.) Heavy Metal
(11.) Subzero
(12.) Chris914
(14.) Panzerschreck
(15.) blaster22
(16.) Va_Dinger

(1.) The_Ferret
(2.) Mr. Farley
(3.) Lynn F
(4.) Dave C
(5.) Joe Mamma
(6.) Erick Gelhaus
(7.) NCPatrolAR
(8.) vcpk9
(9.) Aimless
(10.) Dhrith
(11.) Richard N
(12.)
(13.)
(14.)
(15.)
(16.)

Stand by List:
(1.) JC_
(2.) Mark B

mark5pt56
09-16-06, 16:45
Dinger, What caliber pistol are you shooting for this class?

VA_Dinger
09-16-06, 17:46
Dinger, What caliber pistol are you shooting for this class?

Most likely 9mm (G19 or G34).

mark5pt56
09-16-06, 18:42
Ok, I'll cover the 200 pistol(9mm) for setting this up.

VA_Dinger
09-16-06, 19:02
Ok, I'll cover the 200 pistol(9mm) for setting this up.

Thanks Mark, thats a nice offer.

I will owe you one.

mark5pt56
09-17-06, 15:50
NO worries, nothing owed.

Tweaked the sights on the SAM5 today.

I'll hit The Armory tomorrow to claim a 106!

Mark

VA_Dinger
09-17-06, 16:47
NO worries, nothing owed.

Tweaked the sights on the SAM5 today.

Mark

Your a good man, I don't care what M4arc say's about you. :D

We need to set up a range trip anyway. It seems several of us have new AK's to test.

mark5pt56
09-17-06, 17:24
Sounds good, We have to see when the hunter sight in frenzy ends at Pungo, not as a whole, but the ones there, and last year are a rude few.

VA_Dinger
09-23-06, 21:35
FYI - I have just six seats still open.

Please contact me if your interested.

Current class Rosters:

(1.) M4arc
(2.) Yrac
(3.) Templar
(4.) Thekatar
(5.) mark5pt56
(6.) Bulldog1967
(7.) C4iGrant
(8.) John_Wayne777
(9.) gotm4
(10.) Heavy Metal
(11.) Subzero
(12.) Chris914
(14.) Panzerschreck
(15.) blaster22
(16.) Va_Dinger

(1.) The_Ferret
(2.) Mr. Farley
(3.) Lynn F
(4.) Dave C
(5.) Joe Mamma
(6.) Erick Gelhaus
(7.) NCPatrolAR
(8.) vcpk9
(9.) Aimless
(10.) Dhrith
(11.) Richard N
(12.) m4_grunt
(13.) thumper_abn
(14.) Boss Hogg
(15.) Ed S
(16.) DirtyDon

Stand by List:
(1.) JC_
(2.) Mark B
(4.) DirtyDon's wife
(5.) welchtactical
(6.) Brad T
(7.) scottandt
(8.) higear
(9.) Mr. Yeager

VA_Dinger
10-03-06, 19:12
I would like to welcome m4_grunt into the 2nd VT AK class.

FYI - Just four seats are available.

m4grunt
10-04-06, 21:51
Thanks for getting me on the roster and pointing me to this forum.

Look forward to some good reading and maybe some input to add.

Jay Cunningham
10-05-06, 06:26
Even though this class is several months away I am already very excited about it.

I'll be travelling 7 hours by car, with a trunkload of firearms, ammo and gear to meet up with a bunch of like-minded individuals to be instructed by a certified HSLD type guy on the Kalashnikov platform for 2 days.

What's not to love?? I can't wait!!

VA_Dinger
10-05-06, 09:01
Thanks for getting me on the roster and pointing me to this forum.

Look forward to some good reading and maybe some input to add.

It's great to have you as a member of M4C and welcome aboard.

FYI- I would also like to welcome thumper_abn into class #2.

We have just three open seats available, but we will be taking addtional names for a stand-by list.

VA_Dinger
10-05-06, 21:43
I would like to welcome Boss Hogg & Ed S into class #2.

That leaves just one open seat.

FYI - I will still be collecting names for a stand-by list. So please feel free to contact me even after the class is officially filled.

VA_Dinger
10-07-06, 09:28
FYI - DirtyDon just took the last open spot in either class.

Please do not let that stop you from posting your interest about attending in this thread or contacting me personally. I am taking names for a standby list. This is the eighth class I've organized and I'm never had a class without dropouts. Hell, I’ve even had to miss two of my own classes do to problems at work. Trust me, the stand-by list will get used to fill this class.

Please feel free to contact me if you’re interested.

welchtactical
10-07-06, 22:47
I was wondering if there was any class room left for the April class. Love to get in! Just have bought a new AK. If I can get in please send me a email @ welchtactical@yahoo.com

VA_Dinger
10-07-06, 23:21
I was wondering if there was any class room left for the April class. Love to get in! Just have bought a new AK. If I can get in please send me a email @ welchtactical@yahoo.com

10-4, I will send you an email in the morning. I'm still stuck at work tonight.

I will also add you to the class stand-by list for now.

VA_Dinger
10-09-06, 01:10

Mark

I'm calling Marie tomorrow. ;)

VA_Dinger
10-11-06, 12:51

Email sent with class info.

John_Wayne777
10-20-06, 09:21
Vickers Tactical AK class:
Larry will also be bringing an authentic German WWII StG43/MP43 Sturmgewehr from his personal collection for everyone to examine and shoot (limited amount of shooting).

That is going to be so cool....

Worth the price of admission just to play with one of those!

I can't wait until March!

VA_Dinger
10-27-06, 21:16
That is going to be so cool....

Worth the price of admission just to play with one of those!

I can't wait until March!

I could not agree more.

I'm really looking forward to this class.

TOrrock
10-27-06, 21:28
I'll probably start accumulating some Hornaday ammo.......:D

VA_Dinger
10-27-06, 22:01

Damn, your going all high dollar.

I'm shooting 55 grain Wolf in my SLR-106.

TOrrock
10-27-06, 22:58

I'm talking about Hornaday 7.92x33mm Kurz for the StG-44............:D

VA_Dinger
10-27-06, 23:24
I'm talking about Hornaday 7.92x33mm Kurz for the StG-44............:D

Roger that.

John_Wayne777
10-30-06, 07:04
We can do that?

Because I wouldn't mind burning a box or two of ammo off.....

VA_Dinger
10-31-06, 10:01
We can do that?

Because I wouldn't mind burning a box or two of ammo off.....

Larry spoke of "Limited Shooting" for the StG-43/MP-43 he is bringing along for show & tell.

I assume that means we will all get to put a few rounds through it.

Having been a WWII buff for my entire life I'm considering it one of the class highlights. I’ve only seen one or two in person and they were behind glass in a museum.

VA_Dinger
11-09-06, 00:17
Due to the overwhelming popularity of this class Vickers Tactical is going to be offering a third class. It just seemed like a waste to have so many guys sitting on the stand-by list.

I should have dates for the third class shortly.

Jay Cunningham
11-09-06, 06:39
That's great that everybody interested should get a chance to attend.

VA_Dinger
11-09-06, 19:05
That's great that everybody interested should get a chance to attend.

I could not agree more.

Heavy Metal
11-10-06, 19:05
Larry spoke of "Limited Shooting" for the StG-43/MP-43 he is bringing along for show & tell.

Having been a WWII buff for my entire life I'm considering it one of the class highlights. I’ve only seen one or two in person and they were behind glass in a museum.

A secret squirrel told me Wolf Gold was making ammo in 7.92 Kurtz now! I will bet Mr. Vickers is on wolf's 'offical taste tester' list too!

Jay Cunningham
11-16-06, 07:45
Wow, less than 4 months away for the first class - I can't wait!

I wanted to post some gear links for fellow AK shooters who will be attending these classes which might help them out:

BJB S.W.I.F.T. AK-47 Safety Levers - Notched (http://www.blackjackbuffers.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=66&products_id=202)

UltiMAK M1-B optic mount (http://www.ultimak.com/M1-b.htm)

RSA AK Peep Sight
(http://www.redstararms.com/index.htm?503.htm&1)
RSA adjustable trigger (http://www.redstararms.com/488.htm)

RSA Hammer/Trigger pin retainer plate (http://www.redstararms.com/497.htm)

AK G2 Single Hook Trigger Group (http://www.tapco.com/proddesc.aspx?id=7e9282ab-047c-4a52-98cb-aaf3a97e4f7d)

B-SquareSKS / AK Front Sight / Elevation Kit
(http://secure.armorholdings.com/b-square/tools_scope.html)
Vickers Combat Applications Sling (http://www.blueforcegear.com/product.cfm?type=cat&cat_id=5&prod_id=79)

SOC-CTM Hook Adapter (http://www.blueforcegear.com/product.cfm?type=cat&cat_id=5&prod_id=60)

LHV-47- Tri-Rail Lower Handguard for AK47/74 (http://www.tdi-arms.com/store.php?pid=213)

Kobra combat sight (http://tantal.kalashnikov.guns.ru/bstkobra.html)

PK-AS collimator red dot/black dot optic (http://tantal.kalashnikov.guns.ru/pkas.html)

Eagle Industries AK chest rig (http://www.skdtac.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=721)

AK bolts from K-VAR (http://www.k-var.com/shop/home.php?cat=279)

AK springs from K-VAR (http://www.k-var.com/shop/home.php?cat=319)

More excuses for the wife to bitch at you - spend that hard earned money!

VA_Dinger
11-19-06, 19:12
Wow, less than 4 months away for the first class - I can't wait!

I wanted to post some gear links for fellow AK shooters who will be attending these classes which might help them out:

BJB S.W.I.F.T. AK-47 Safety Levers - Notched (http://www.blackjackbuffers.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=66&products_id=202)

UltiMAK M1-B optic mount (http://www.ultimak.com/M1-b.htm)

RSA AK Peep Sight
(http://www.redstararms.com/index.htm?503.htm&1)
RSA adjustable trigger (http://www.redstararms.com/488.htm)

RSA Hammer/Trigger pin retainer plate (http://www.redstararms.com/497.htm)

AK G2 Single Hook Trigger Group (http://www.tapco.com/proddesc.aspx?id=7e9282ab-047c-4a52-98cb-aaf3a97e4f7d)

B-SquareSKS / AK Front Sight / Elevation Kit
(http://secure.armorholdings.com/b-square/tools_scope.html)
Vickers Combat Applications Sling (http://www.blueforcegear.com/product.cfm?type=cat&cat_id=5&prod_id=79)

SOC-CTM Hook Adapter (http://www.blueforcegear.com/product.cfm?type=cat&cat_id=5&prod_id=60)

LHV-47- Tri-Rail Lower Handguard for AK47/74 (http://www.tdi-arms.com/store.php?pid=213)

Kobra combat sight (http://tantal.kalashnikov.guns.ru/bstkobra.html)

PK-AS collimator red dot/black dot optic (http://tantal.kalashnikov.guns.ru/pkas.html)

Eagle Industries AK chest rig (http://www.skdtac.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=721)

AK bolts from K-VAR (http://www.k-var.com/shop/home.php?cat=279)

AK springs from K-VAR (http://www.k-var.com/shop/home.php?cat=319)

More excuses for the wife to bitch at you - spend that hard earned money!

That's one hell of a list.

Thanks for taking the time to look it all up and posting the links. That should save everybody some time.

Akoni
11-20-06, 11:05
Due to the overwhelming popularity of this class Vickers Tactical is going to be offering a third class. It just seemed like a waste to have so many guys sitting on the stand-by list.

I should have dates for the third class shortly.

Any news on the dates for class III?

VA_Dinger
11-20-06, 13:34
Any news on the dates for class III?

No not yet.

Larry has not gotten back with me yet about it. He is busy teaching a military class this week and we have another South Hill, Virginia class coming up.

I will know something soon.

Jay Cunningham
12-15-06, 07:44
Some links on Virginia firearms law:

Packing.org for Virginia (http://www.packing.org/state/virginia/)

Virginia State Police Firearms Page (http://www.vsp.state.va.us/Firearms.shtm)

In Virginia, one may carry a handgun in the open with no license. Loaded handguns on the seat or dashboard in plain view while in a vehicle are fine. Carrying concealed in places that serve alcohol is prohibited, even licensed, but open carry there is allowed.

VA_Dinger
12-15-06, 19:53
FYI:

I got dates for AK class #3.

Aug 4-5, 2007.

VA_Dinger
01-02-07, 21:45
I'm going to be sending out deposit and payment reminders for everybody in class #1 tonight or tomorrow morning. The $100 deposit needs to be in within thirty days. Full payment is due within sixty days of the class start date.

Please contact via PM or email if you have any questions. You can also give me a call. Just contact me for my cell number.

VA_Dinger
01-03-07, 00:27
OK, everybody on this list should have received a deposit & payment email or PM from me last night.

If you didn't please contact me.

(1.) M4arc
(2.) Yrac
(3.) Templar
(4.) Thekatar
(5.) Bulldog1967
(6.) C4iGrant
(7.) John_Wayne777
(8.) gotm4
(9.) Heavy Metal
(10.) Subzero
(11.) Chris914
(12.) Vihn "The Vihninator"
(13.) Panzerschreck
(14.) blaster22
(15.) Themadhatter
(16.) J.B.

John_Wayne777
01-03-07, 15:23
I got your e-mail this morning. I'll be in touch before the week is out.

VA_Dinger
01-04-07, 18:01
I got your e-mail this morning. I'll be in touch before the week is out.

No problem.

John_Wayne777
01-10-07, 12:05
Just got off the phone with Larry.

I'm all paid up and ready to go...:D

Robb Jensen
01-10-07, 12:15
Just got off the phone with Larry.

I'm all paid up and ready to go...:D

Yeah!, Yeah!, me too!:D

Jay Cunningham
01-10-07, 12:31
Me Three!!!

m4grunt
01-15-07, 20:57
I just wanted to check in about the April class. We still "go"?

Email me if anything has changed.
m4grunt@hotmail.com

Thanks!

VA_Dinger
01-16-07, 09:31
I just wanted to check in about the April class. We still "go"?

Email me if anything has changed.
m4grunt@hotmail.com

Thanks!

Yes, class #2 (April 7-8, 2007) is a "Go" and already filled. As a matter of fact he just added a third class not to long ago. I will be contacting you guys shortly will payment & deposit info. I'm just trying to get class #1 sorted out first.

Vickers Tactical 2007 AK Class dates:

Class #1: March 10-11, 2007 - Class full

Class #2: May 5-6, 2007 - Class full

Class #3: August 4-5, 2007 - Seats still open.

The website should be updated soon to reflect these changes.

VA_Dinger
01-16-07, 09:33
Another FYI - Marc Krebs of Krebs Custom, Inc. will also be attending class #2 as a special guest.

Jay Cunningham
01-16-07, 11:56
Another FYI - Marc Krebs of Krebs Custom, Inc. will also be attending class #2 as a special guest.

Well.

Ain't that sumthin?

m4grunt
01-16-07, 18:40
Yes, class #2 (April 7-8, 2007) is a "Go" and already filled. As a matter of fact he just added a third class not to long ago. I will be contacting you guys shortly will payment & deposit info. I'm just trying to get class #1 sorted out first.

Vickers Tactical 2007 AK Class dates:

Class #1: March 10-11, 2007 - Class full

Class #2: April 7-8, 2007 - Class full

Class #3: August 4-5, 2007 - Seats still open.

The website should be updated soon to reflect these changes.

VA - - - thanks for the info - - - I'll pass the info along to my bros also attending the April class.

VA_Dinger
01-19-07, 17:49
FYI: Class #2: April 7-8, 2007

We just noticed that class number #2 is scheduled for Easter weekend. I would like to apologize for this mistake, but nobody caught it until today.

This leaves us with two options:
(1.) Leave the class dates alone and hold the class
(2.) Move it to May 5 & 6, 2007.

If you’re in class #2 please let me know. I will be emailing all of you this weekend to get your opinion.

TOrrock
01-22-07, 19:45

This one belongs to one of the members at Cavalier.

The AK actually has much more in common with the M1 Garand than the StG-44, but still one of my all time favorite weapons.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v613/Tim_Orrock/StG-44/StG44a.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v613/Tim_Orrock/StG-44/StG44b.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v613/Tim_Orrock/StG-44/StG44c.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v613/Tim_Orrock/StG-44/StG44d.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v613/Tim_Orrock/StG-44/StG44e.jpg

Robb Jensen
01-23-07, 04:47
That's way cool Tim! :D

VA_Dinger
01-23-07, 10:23
FYI: The dates for class #2 have been changed. Larry did not feel holding a class over Easter weekend was appropriate.

The new dates are May 5-6, 2007.

I have emailed everybody in class #2 to make them aware of these changes. I also attached the deposit & payment info.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

NCPatrolAR
01-26-07, 02:56
The class should be fun. Is Ken still going to be at the second class?

Jay Cunningham
01-26-07, 06:57
Will there be any posting of payment confirmations?

Just want to make sure everything goes where it's supposed to.

Hawkeye
01-26-07, 08:10
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v613/Tim_Orrock/Range%206-11-06/sam501.jpg

Ok, now thats almost enough to make me want an AK.

Sorry for the off topic post..

VA_Dinger
01-26-07, 08:16
NCPatrolAR – Yes, Ken & Mark Krebs will still be attending class #2. Welcome to M4C by the way.

Thekatar – Nothing yet, but I should have them by the middle of next week. Don’t worry though; I’ve got you covered.

NCPatrolAR
01-26-07, 16:22
NCPatrolAR – Yes, Ken & Mark Krebs will still be attending class #2. Welcome to M4C by the way.

Thanks. I figured it was about time to join up over here and stop sending everything via email. :p

John_Wayne777
01-29-07, 10:32
Any suggestions for hotels in the South Hill area?

VA_Dinger
01-31-07, 14:17
Any suggestions for hotels in the South Hill area?

Hello John, see this thread.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=3544

VA_Dinger
02-07-07, 19:22
I would like to welcome modern_pirate into AK Class #2.

Welcome aboard.

VA_Dinger
02-08-07, 18:59
Will there be any posting of payment confirmations?

Just want to make sure everything goes where it's supposed to.

Your payment was received.

Thank you.

Jay Cunningham
02-09-07, 16:48

Alright ladies,

One month until the March Vickers Tactical AK class!!!

:cool: :cool: :cool:

One month to get your Kalashnikov variants zeroed at 100 meters!
One month to get your handgun (of at least 9mm) and holster squared-away!
One month to get yourselves 1,000 rounds of good ammo!
One month to get yourselves eye & ear (electronic preferred) protection!
One month to get yourselves a minimum of four (4) high capacity AK mags!
One month to get yourselves a minimum of two (2) handgun mags!
One month to get yourselves a chest pouch to hold 3-4 AK mags!
One month to get yourselves a handgun mag pouch!
One month to get yourselves a serviceable AK sling!
One month to get yourselves suitable range wear!
One month to get yourselves lodging near South Hill, Virginia!

I've decided that my primary for the class will be my Arsenal, Inc. SLR-106FR. I'll be using my Glock 19 for transition training. I'll be running XM193 through the 106 and Winchester White Box through the Glock. I still need to make hotel reservations and make sure I have Friday and Monday off from work to allow for the 7 hour drive.

Just a friendly reminder to take care of this stuff and not get caught at the last minute! Looking forward to training with you all!

VA_Dinger
02-09-07, 22:23

I'm glad to see somebody besides me is getting excited about the class. I still need to get my hotel arrangements squared away, plus buy a few more mags. My SLR-106FR will be my primary, but unless I get around to buying 2-3 more mags for my M&P 9mm in time my G19 will be getting called back to duty for a secondary.

FYI - Anybody needing ammo should contact C4iGrant. He is a Wolf dealer now and will also be attending the class himself.

VA_Dinger
02-16-07, 12:19
I think I've got my gear set-up for the AK class worked out. While I'm not much of a "Gear Guy" I did need to get something that would work for AK mags. I usually like having one carbine mag pouch on my belt for a fast reload. This plus my Redi-Mag is normally enough for most AR oriented classes. I might keep one or two more stuffed into pants pockets to keep the belt pouch and Redi-Mag hot but that’s about it.

I came up with this for my belt:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/va_dinger/2007_0105AKBELT0004.jpg

I simply removed the kydex liner (gently) from my belt worn Eagle FB style AR mag pouch. Remove the liner and an AK mag pouch will now fit, but loosely. I did not want to be running around with the mag falling out so I added a zip tie for some retention. Getting the zip tie tensioned right took some trail & error but it works like a champ now.

I would like to buy a few carbine mag pouches that will work with both AR & AK mags but I have not gotten around to it yet. I’m told Eagle double AR mag pouches will hold one AK mag but I have not tried it myself yet.

What have you guys come up with?

Dport
02-16-07, 15:03
Funny. It appears you have Glock mags on that belt. Get tired of reloading or something?:p

subzero
02-16-07, 16:20
You have to reload a lot when you shoot like Paul does.

C4IGrant
02-16-07, 17:56
Well I finally got my AK! It is an Arsenal in 556 with a SF rail on it (had to pimp it out some). :D

C4

Heavy Metal
02-16-07, 22:24
No fair Grant, you gotta bring your heavy 7.62 milled jobbie and suffer.

VA_Dinger
02-17-07, 08:58
Well I finally got my AK! It is an Arsenal in 556 with a SF rail on it (had to pimp it out some). :D

C4

Let's see a photo!

C4IGrant
02-17-07, 08:59
No fair Grant, you gotta bring your heavy 7.62 milled jobbie and suffer.

No joy ghost rider! :D

C4

VA_Dinger
02-17-07, 13:16
Funny. It appears you have Glock mags on that belt. Get tired of reloading or something?:p

I have been shooting my G19 in the production class during the Blackwater USPSA matches (While I wait for some spare M&P mags & mag pouches). I only run this belt because I've got the pouches to run 3-4 mags on my body. Some of the stages have 40+ round counts and you can only load each mag to ten rounds. I would prefer to run a more practical CCW set-up but I just don't have the mag pouches for it. Hence the reason my “bat belt” gets pressed into service.

I have been swapping between production (G19) and single stack (1911) for the past few matches, but since .45 ammo has been getting so expensive the production (9mm for me) class is looking better and better everyday.

VA_Dinger
02-17-07, 13:23
How many of you guys are going to be running a basically stock AK in the class?

I had started researching adding an Aimpoint, but it won't happen in time for the class. I never came across a set-up I liked well enough to spend the cash. I ended up with an SLR-106FR with Blackjack S.W.I.F.T. selector/safety & BFG/VT sling. Otherwise it's bone stock.

Jay Cunningham
02-17-07, 14:37

I had started researching adding an Aimpoint, but it won't happen in time for the class. I never came across a set-up I liked well enough to spend the cash. I ended up with an SLR-106FR with Blackjack S.W.I.F.T. selector/safety & BFG/VT sling. Otherwise it's bone stock.

I had very seriously considered running my Global Trades SSR-85B (basically an AKM clone). There's certainly good reason to do so - if you find yourself ever needing to run a "battlefield pickup" it will most likely be a bone stock AKM pattern.

But I changed my mind because I figured, what the hell, why handicap myself? I'll be using my SLR-106FR. Lower recoil, flatter shooting, better quality ammo available...

I've modified my rifle quite a bit, but I've made it a point to not modify it in any way that wont translate over to a bone stock gun. The SWIFT lever makes it easier to operate the safety, but it still operates the same way. I've replaced the blasty brake with a flash hider and I'm using the LT IronDot optical sight which I feel is the single biggest improvement. The Vickers sling is nice too :D

Bells and whistles aside, I'm confident that everything I learn using my 106 I can apply to my SSR-85B and any other AK.

At least I hope so...;)

Joe Mamma
02-17-07, 16:30
I think I've got my gear set-up for the AK class worked out. While I'm not much of a "Gear Guy" I did need to get something that would work for AK mags. I usually like having one carbine mag pouch on my belt for a fast reload. This plus my Redi-Mag is normally enough for most AR oriented classes. I might keep one or two more stuffed into pants pockets to keep the belt pouch and Redi-Mag hot but that’s about it.

I came up with this for my belt:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/va_dinger/2007_0105AKBELT0004.jpg

I simply removed the kydex liner (gently) from my belt worn Eagle FB style AR mag pouch. Remove the liner and an AK mag pouch will now fit, but loosely. I did not want to be running around with the mag falling out so I added a zip tie for some retention. Getting the zip tie tensioned right took some trail & error but it works like a champ now.

I would like to buy a few carbine mag pouches that will work with both AR & AK mags but I have not gotten around to it yet. I’m told Eagle double AR mag pouches will hold one AK mag but I have not tried it myself yet.

What have you guys come up with?

I also like having one mag on my belt for a fast reload. I use one of these without the top strap looped over.

http://www.blackhawk.com/product_detail.asp?product_id=2525&d=

There have internal curved plastic inserts that hold in the mags by friction. Even though it doesn't say it will work with AK mags, it works well for both steel and Polish synthetic AK magazines.

I keep a second loaded mag in my pants pocket. It's a large pocket on my lower thigh.

I use the following dump pouch for holding empty mags. It has 2 zipper openings so you can choose a wide opening or narrow opening.

https://www.blackwatergear.com/p-25-dump-pouchbreacher-pouch.aspx

Joe Mamma

VA_Dinger
02-17-07, 23:02
FYI - Payment reminders were sent out tonight for guys in the 1st AK class.

Deposit & payment emails for the 2nd & 3rd classes will be sent tomorrow.

VA_Dinger
02-18-07, 21:34
FYI - I have two open spots for AK class #1 (March 10-11, 2007) South Hill, Virginia.

Two guys needed to drop back to later classes due to a scheduling conflict, so their seats are open.

- If anybody from classes #2 or #3 want to move up into this class please contact me.

Anybody new can also contact me.

John_Wayne777
02-19-07, 08:57

I am going to be running a stock VEPR K in 7.62x39. The only mod is the aforementioned SWIFT safety lever and an Eagle 3 point sling.

As far as gear goes, I am going to run one of the SKD Tactical Eagle chest rigs.

ETA -- The eagle double AR pouches will indeed hold an AK mag....

VA_Dinger
02-21-07, 19:03
FYI - I have just one seat still available for the 1st AK class (March 10-11, 2007).

VA_Dinger
02-28-07, 02:10
Does anybody need the directions to the range?

John_Wayne777
03-01-07, 10:58
Does anybody need the directions to the range?

I was hoping to hook up with the fellas staying at the Hampton Inn and follow them....

but I would still love to have directions to the range....

ETA -- Only 8 more days to go!

......I hope the rest of the stuff I ordered shows up.

Jay Cunningham
03-01-07, 11:27
I was hoping to hook up with the fellas staying at the Hampton Inn and follow them....

but I would still love to have directions to the range....

ETA -- Only 8 more days to go!

......I hope the rest of the stuff I ordered shows up.

I figured that I would PM a couple of fellas here with my cell # just for a point of contact - like I stated in the lodging thread I'll be in the Best Western. I think a lot of those hotels are right by each other.

John_Wayne, whatcha still waitin on? :D

VA_Dinger
03-01-07, 12:37
It sounds like the Best Western is going to be very popular.

I know at least 6-7 of us has reservations.

FYI- I will email everybody the directions again tonight.

John_Wayne777
03-01-07, 13:04
I figured that I would PM a couple of fellas here with my cell # just for a point of contact - like I stated in the lodging thread I'll be in the Best Western. I think a lot of those hotels are right by each other.

John_Wayne, whatcha still waitin on? :D

Right now a case of 9mm ammo and a holster for my M&P.

In all the busyness in my life lately, I completely forgot to get a suitable training holster for the bloody thing. I ordered one Monday....hopefully it will be here in time for me to customize it for my preferences.

Jay Cunningham
03-01-07, 13:31
I started a few months ago getting my stuff together (one of the few instances I didn't procrastinate) and I think I'm in a good spot right now.

My Glock 19 is easily past the 1,000 round mark and my SLR-106FR is almost there, but I don't forsee any issues. I just unloaded 1,000 rounds of Federal AE 55 gr. FMJ into ammo cans today and I have 250 rounds of Remington 9mm 115 gr. FMJ.

I use Sidearmor kydex IWB and OWB holsters, so I'll be bringing both of those. I got all my other jock-gear sorted out, I think. I finished adjustments on my Eagle AK chest carrier.

The only item that I'm "waiting on" is a Specter Carbine Universal Magazine Pouch. I want to see if it will work as a support side belt pouch, but if it doesn't it's okay since I'll have 4 mags on me anyway (3 chest and 1 in the gun).

All that's left is to confirm my 100m zero on my 106 with the irons and my optic- not to mention getting some much-needed muscle memory back after the winter hiatus.

VA_Dinger
03-03-07, 07:41
FYI - Weather report for class #1 from weather.com

-March 10 (Saturday)
Showers. Highs in the upper 60s and lows in the low 40s.

-March 11 (Sunday)
Some sun with a few showers possible. Highs in the mid 60s and lows in the low 40s.

C4IGrant
03-03-07, 07:59
FYI - Weather report for the class #1 from weather.com

-March 10 (Saturday)
Showers. Highs in the upper 60s and lows in the low 40s.

-March 11 (Sunday)
Some sun with a few showers possible. Highs in the mid 60s and lows in the low 40s.

MMM Cold Rain, sounds like we will be having a good time! :D

C4

Jay Cunningham
03-03-07, 12:25
For those of you with more training experience than me (pretty much all of you): when you shoot in foul weather gear is your jacket garment short enough to allow access to your belts or do you wear a duty-type belt over your rain jacket?

C4IGrant
03-03-07, 13:15
For those of you with more training experience than me (pretty much all of you): when you shoot in foul weather gear is your jacket garment short enough to allow access to your belts or do you wear a duty-type belt over your rain jacket?

Foul weather gear??? Rain jacket??? What's that??:D

I have only been in one class where it was raining. I switched out my cotton shirt to an UA and wore no other rain jacket or anything. It is just too hard IMHO to manipulate everything with that stuff on.

C4

John_Wayne777
03-03-07, 17:29

The first thing you have to do is accept reality:

If it is raining and you are taking a tactical training class (as I expect LAV's classes are...) then you are going to get wet and muddy. You might get cold. (Your gear will also get really dirty. That bothers some folks. Personally I don't care...) The best way to stay warm is to wear some sort of water-proof layer underneath your clothes to keep from getting soaked by contact with the ground on prone drills and the like.

The most I ever bother with is perhaps a waterproof windbreaker type light jacket and then only when it is really pouring. I have been in a couple of cold rainy training classes and any rain gear I bring is typically ditched because it gets in the way. I have a long waterproof coat that is fairly light, but it is baggy and gets in the way and the only time I really used it was when we were doing prone drills. I would lay it out to keep from rolling around in the mud more than I absolutely had to.

Even on a range with gravel everywhere, you would be amazed at how much mud there is....

I might bring a light waterproof jacket and wear my chest rig over top of it. I was planning to bring my Batman belt anyway because my M&P holster (should it ever arrive....:mad: ) is better suited to that type of belt than my normal one.

Virginia is an odd place in March. Some days it can be freezing and awful, and other days it can be bright sunny and warm...and then two days later you can have a blizzard that drops 4 feet of snow on you. I am praying for warm sunny weather for this class.

Dinger -- You are familiar with the range we are going to be using, right? Is it a gravel range or is it a grass and dirt range? I don't know how it is in South Hill, but around here everything is a muddy mess. We still have ice and snow melting from the storms we got last week....plus it has rained for a couple of days.

If it's like that in the South Hill area, we are going to be one very dirty group of guys.

On the plus side, we can take lots of pictures so that all the people who complain about how clean our nylon gear is can finally shutup....

Heavy Metal
03-03-07, 18:06
I can tell you one thing. The cold zero and the hot zero on my rifle are quite different. I think the way the surefire rail tensions itself against the gas block has a lot to do with it.

I hope we wont be shooting much past 100M unless I have a tank of liquid nitrogen to keep it cool.

Anybody know what the maximum range we will be shooting is?

John_Wayne777
03-03-07, 19:19
I can tell you one thing. The cold zero and the hot zero on my rifle are quite different. I think the way the surefire rail tensions itself against the gas block has a lot to do with it.

I hope we wont be shooting much past 100M unless I have a tank of liquid nitrogen to keep it cool.

Anybody know what the maximum range we will be shooting is?

I have a more basic question....

Anybody know the ballistic stats on 122 grain Wolf FMJ ammo?

I would love to confirm my zero but it occurs to me that I have absolutely NO idea where my shots should be at 25 yards to be dead on at 100....

The best I could find is Winchester's data saying .5 high at 50 yards....

Dport
03-03-07, 19:27
Dinger -- You are familiar with the range we are going to be using, right? Is it a gravel range or is it a grass and dirt range? I don't know how it is in South Hill, but around here everything is a muddy mess. We still have ice and snow melting from the storms we got last week....plus it has rained for a couple of days.

If it's like that in the South Hill area, we are going to be one very dirty group of guys.

I've gone to two classes on that range. It is not gravel. It's dirt/grass. Well, it was grassy in May.:)

Heavy Metal
03-03-07, 20:07
What is the maximum range we will be shooting at?

Dport
03-03-07, 20:08
What is the maximum range we will be shooting at?

If I had to guess, I'd bet LAV will have you shoot at 200 yards against a reduced silhouette target to prove it can be done.

Heavy Metal
03-03-07, 20:21
He wants a 100m zero. I hope he doesn't want any feats of derring-do past 150M.

Jay Cunningham
03-03-07, 23:39
Hopefully I get to show my wife pics of me dirty and muddy - it might get her hot and bothered. If nothing else, at least I'll have proof that I wasn't at a titty bar all weekend. I'm looking foward to whatever weather is thrown our way - I figure if I can be successful under lousy conditions then I might be ahead of the curve.

Warm sunny weather would be nice. When I went to the range the other day it wanted to be muddy, but the ground was still a bit too frozen for that. Sort of an ice/mud mixture with hard ground underneath - the worst of both worlds!

The reason I asked about this stuff is because my first carbine class that I took (last June) it rained pretty good for two of the three days. I really had no idea what I was doing (still don't) and I had brought a regular generic rain parka because the course description called for one. Well my experience was much like the ones mentioned here; I couldn't stand the thing and would rather get rained on. FWIW, I now have a Carhartt waterproof jacket that does a real good job and is tough to boot. Funny thing, the instructors in that class seemed much more irritated by the rain than any of the students.

The amount of practical information I was exposed to in those 3 days was quite amazing. At the end of that three day class my AR was scratched up and muddy, my Aimpoint and magazines had dried mud in them, etc. I had a nice scar under my bottom lip from part of a bullet jacket that splashed back from an improperly hardened steel target.

Needless to say, I was hooked.

BTW, I think I worked up some real-world numbers for 7.62x39mm holdovers for a 100m zero - I'll see if I can find them and post them.

tikkafan
03-04-07, 00:47
Here's data from Exbal:

Sight Height 2"
Bullet 122 gr (used the BC from Winchester)
Velocity 2396 FPS (Wolf published velocity)
Zeroed at 100 yards

Range(yards) Drop(inches)
0 -2.0
25 -0.9
50 -0.1
100 -0.0
150 -1.9
200 -6.1
250 -13.1
300 -23.2

VA_Dinger
03-04-07, 06:45

I've always worn mine over my jacket.

John_Wayne777
03-04-07, 11:47
Here's data from Exbal:

Sight Height 2"
Bullet 122 gr (used the BC from Winchester)
Velocity 2396 FPS (Wolf published velocity)
Zeroed at 100 yards

Range(yards) Drop(inches)
0 -2.0
25 -0.9
50 -0.1
100 -0.0
150 -1.9
200 -6.1
250 -13.1
300 -23.2

So I should be shooting 2" low at 25 to be on at 100.

That's pretty much the same zero that I have for my AR...(also zeroed for 100)

Good to know! Thanks!

John_Wayne777
03-04-07, 11:53
Hopefully I get to show my wife pics of me dirty and muddy - it might get her hot and bothered. If nothing else, at least I'll have proof that I wasn't at a titty bar all weekend. I'm looking foward to whatever weather is thrown our way - I figure if I can be successful under lousy conditions then I might be ahead of the curve.

Now that's enthusiasm....

FWIW, I now have a Carhartt waterproof jacket that does a real good job and is tough to boot. Funny thing, the instructors in that class seemed much more irritated by the rain than any of the students.

A good waterproof jacket that doesn't hinder your movement is the ticket in my opinion. Just wear your gear over the top of the jacket and you're all set.

The amount of practical information I was exposed to in those 3 days was quite amazing. At the end of that three day class my AR was scratched up and muddy, my Aimpoint and magazines had dried mud in them, etc. I had a nice scar under my bottom lip from part of a bullet jacket that splashed back from an improperly hardened steel target.

Believe it or not some guys get really ticked off when stuff like that happens. I have seen people stop in the middle of a stress course because they scratched their weapon.

....I doubt many of those guys hang out on M4C, but they are out there.

VA_Dinger
03-04-07, 14:58
FYI - VT AK Class #1 (March 10-11, 2007)

I just sent everybody the directions to the range gain. Please let me know if anybody did not receive them.

Class start time: 9 AM

Heavy Metal
03-04-07, 15:02
I need a point of clarification.

You said in the main email the class starts at 9:00 and the word doc that it starts at 8:00.

I am confused.

Jay Cunningham
03-04-07, 15:19
Looks to me like the official start time is 0900 but that we should all plan to arrive an hour early.

Isn't daylight savings time this weekend? :p

VA_Dinger
03-04-07, 18:22
I need a point of clarification.

You said in the main email the class starts at 9:00 and the word doc that it starts at 8:00.

I am confused.

The class start time is 9:00 AM.

The earlier start time given out with the range directions is from a class two years ago. I just keep forgetting to edit that out.

Larry & Dave like to start a little later on day one so the guys traveling get more rest. It will still be a full day.

John_Wayne777
03-05-07, 08:45
It will still be a full day.

I have never trained with Mr. Vickers before, but somehow I suspect that he isn't going to be doing two day's worth of training just because we have two days of class.

I suspect that he is going to try and cram at least 5 days of training into two....

Then again, every good instructor I have had has done the same thing. The only thing we did that qualified as "rest" was cramming magazines with ammo or moving targets.

VA_Dinger
03-05-07, 19:13
I have never trained with Mr. Vickers before, but somehow I suspect that he isn't going to be doing two day's worth of training just because we have two days of class.

I suspect that he is going to try and cram at least 5 days of training into two....

Then again, every good instructor I have had has done the same thing. The only thing we did that qualified as "rest" was cramming magazines with ammo or moving targets.

I'm sure we are in for a busy two days. :D

Larry usually holds the "class room" portion of the class during the reload/hydrate/rest breaks.

John_Wayne777
03-07-07, 11:06
The weather forecast isn't as good as it was a couple of days ago:

Mar 9

Partly Cloudy
49°/35° 10%
49°F
Sat
Mar 10

Partly Cloudy
58°/51° 20%
58°F

Sun
Mar 11

Few Showers
63°/53° 30%
63°F

EDIT --

When does everyone plan on heading down/up there?

I plan on coming down Friday afternoon. I am booked in the Hampton Inn for Friday and Saturday night....

Jay Cunningham
03-07-07, 13:29
I'll be departing SW Pennsylvania Friday morning; I plan on arriving in South Hill Friday afternoon between 1500 and 1600.

I'll be at the Best Western Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights, checking out Monday morning.

TOrrock
03-07-07, 18:44
I'm at the former Best Western, I think they're now calling it Crossroads or something.

I'm getting down there Friday, in time to settle in, and grab dinner and a beer with you guys if you want.

I'm leaving Monday morning as well.

C4IGrant
03-07-07, 19:11
I'm at the former Best Western, I think they're now calling it Crossroads or something.

I'm getting down there Friday, in time to settle in, and grab dinner and a beer with you guys if you want.

Dinger and I will be there Friday night and am sure we are done for a beer (or 12). :D Just kidding, don't want to get all "ZOO BREATHED" for LAV on Saturday.

C4

Robb Jensen
03-07-07, 20:23

Blaster22 and I will be staying at the Hampton Inn. We'll be arriving in the afternoon. I'll call you on my cell when we get checked in.

Jay Cunningham
03-08-07, 06:55
Did someone say beer?

I swore to myself that I would be very responsible Friday and Saturday night.

For anybody besides me still around Sunday night - all bets are off.

;)

John_Wayne777
03-08-07, 14:10
Weather is looking better:

Fri
Mar 9

Mostly Sunny
55°/39° 0%
55°F
Sat
Mar 10

Partly Cloudy
72°/47° 10%
72°F
Sun
Mar 11

Few Showers
76°/52° 30%
76°F

Lord let it be true.....

I will be at the Hampton Inn too....

I am hoping to be in town before 5 or 6 if I can tear myself away from all the nonsense going on here. Just look for the white Dodge Intrepid with the Blackwater logo plates in the back window.....

TOrrock
03-08-07, 16:58
Look for the wookie in the little green Mazda.....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v613/Tim_Orrock/Smith%20M14/Orrock5.jpg

I said a beer, not 26......I'm not 22 anymore and I don't recover nearly as well as I used to........:o

Robb Jensen
03-08-07, 18:22
I'll be bringing my brand new unfired Glock 21SF if any of you bastids' want to shoot it. It's stock but I added Trijicons.

VA_Dinger
03-08-07, 23:21
I'll be bringing my brand new unfired Glock 21SF if any of you bastids' want to shoot it. It's stock but I added Trijicons.

Nice,

I'm looking forward to checking out the 21SF.

C4IGrant
03-09-07, 14:34
Look for the wookie in the little green Mazda.....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v613/Tim_Orrock/Smith%20M14/Orrock5.jpg

I said a beer, not 26......I'm not 22 anymore and I don't recover nearly as well as I used to........:o

Mmmm, I love Wookies! :D

C4

VA_Dinger
03-12-07, 07:02
Guys, were going to move all Class #1 reviews, comments, and photos to it's own thread.

I need this thread for future sign-ups and questions.

Plus each class deserves it's own AAR anyway.

m4grunt
03-13-07, 23:25
VA:

Just wanted to check in.

Are we good to go for the 5-6 MAY class?

Thanks!

VA_Dinger
03-14-07, 07:43
VA:

Just wanted to check in.

Are we good to go for the 5-6 MAY class?

Thanks!

Hello Steve,

You are good-to-go.

See you in May.

MayoMan
03-14-07, 16:35
Just checking to make sure I'm good to go for the May Tactical AK Class.
Dave

VA_Dinger
03-15-07, 10:43
Just checking to make sure I'm good to go for the May Tactical AK Class.
Dave

Dave, your good-to-go also.

See you in May.

VA_Dinger
03-20-07, 11:33
FYI - The deposit & payment reminder emails for class #2 are going out today. Some of you still need to send them in.

m4grunt
03-27-07, 17:10
FYI - The deposit & payment reminder emails for class #2 are going out today. Some of you still need to send them in.

Question - - - I received one of these "reminders" today. Trouble is, is that I sent the deposit AND remainder of the tuition weeks ago.

Can someone dig around and verify that my tuition is "paid"? I'm a bit concerned now.

Steve Hawley, NC
"m4grunt"

VA_Dinger
03-27-07, 17:41
Question - - - I received one of these "reminders" today. Trouble is, is that I sent the deposit AND remainder of the tuition weeks ago.

Can someone dig around and verify that my tuition is "paid"? I'm a bit concerned now.

Steve Hawley, NC
"m4grunt"

FYI - Your paid in full.

- If you got sent that email it was a mistake on my part.

m4grunt
03-27-07, 17:56
You da man!

I'll stop sweating now. :D

VA_Dinger
04-17-07, 08:39
Vickers Tactical Class #2 is now less than a month away.

Are you guys ready?

NCPatrolAR
04-17-07, 08:49
Of course we are ready. SHift changes occurs this week so I wont have to use any vaction time to go to the class either. :D

Business_Casual
04-17-07, 13:00
Woo-hoo.

What's everyone shooting? I'm thinking of my PMKMS with a back-up.

M_P

Joe Mamma
04-17-07, 14:09
Woo-hoo.

What's everyone shooting? I'm thinking of my PMKMS with a back-up.

M_P

I'm in Class#2 and will have an Arsenal SAM7-R (milled receiver) with a Romanian SAR-1 as a backup. Both are 7.62x39. I'll bring a Glock 17 too.

I've got a question: with the standard iron sites on a standard AK (in 7.62x39), if the gun is zero'd at 50 yrds, where will it hit at 100 yrds?

Joe Mamma

Business_Casual
04-17-07, 15:50
I found that POA/POI at 25 meters does not equal a 100 yard zero. I have mine 2" low at 25 meters for a 100 yard zero. You could speculate that at 50 yards (45 meters) the rounds should be slight more than half as low, but call it 1" I guess.

M_P

VA_Dinger
04-29-07, 12:03
FYI- Class #3 (Aug 4-5, 2007) is about 2/3 full.

This will be the last Vickers Tactical AK class for 2007.

If your interested in attending please contact me.

-Class #2: May 5 & 6 , 2007 is full.

Jay Cunningham
04-29-07, 12:19
FYI- Class #3 (Aug 4-5, 2007) is about 2/3 full.

If your interested in attending please contact me. This will be the last Vickers Tactical AK class for 2007.

I know it's still very early, but has Larry made any noises about next year? I know he seemed more than open to a Battle Rifle/FAL class.

VA_Dinger
04-29-07, 12:34
I know it's still very early, but has Larry made any noises about next year? I know he seemed more than open to a Battle Rifle/FAL class.

We are discussing it for a possible class this fall. We are still deciding whether to hold a standard 3-day pistol carbine or the Battle Rifle class in the Sept-Nov, 2007 time frame. Larry just has not made up his mind yet. I will be posting it up when we get it figured out.

Either way these are now standard Vickers Tactical classes and they will be held every year at various locations. All of them will be available in South Hill if enough guys are interested.

- 3-day pistol/carbine
- 2-day pistol/carbine
- AK class
- 1911 Handgun class
- Battle Rifle (.308)
- Low Light

- Pistol I (2-day) - Introductory Level
- Pistol II (2-day) - Intermediate Level
- Pistol III (2-day) - Advanced Level
- Carbine I (2-day) – Introductory Level
- Carbine II (2-day) - Intermediate Level
- Carbine III (2-day) - Advanced Level