PDA

View Full Version : School forces special needs student to apologize to her rapist.

GermanSynergy
08-22-11, 10:07
The Republic School District is in deep shit, legally. Who would a jury side with?

variablebinary
08-22-11, 10:12
All schools I've ever attended were well known for not wanting negative attention, so the goal was always to handle everything internally.

While this case is extreme, it is also not at all surprising.

Belmont31R
08-22-11, 15:19
If true you can't even make this shit up.

Even if NOT true since when did a school become charged with deciding if a rape accusation is true or not, and then force the girl to personally hand the boy she accused of rape an apology. They FAILED to follow the law and decided to play a school version of CSI which is basically, "We don't believe you, and GTFO!" So SHE gets expelled, and reported. Next school year she is allowed back in, and the SAME boy starts assaulting her and raped her in the school library. The school AGAIN says she is lying and does nothing. The mother takes her to get examined which shows sexual assualt and a POSITIVE DNA match from semen to the same boy.

Now a suit has been filed, and the District is basically counter suing for legal fees. Says its not their fault because the [special needs] student didn't defend herself. :eek::mad::rolleyes:

A lawsuit filed against the Republic School District alleges school officials failed to protect a middle school girl from a male classmate who harassed her, sexually assaulted her, and raped her.

In its written response, the school district denies all allegations in the suit and calls the claims frivolous.

The suit, filed July 5, alleges when the girl — a special education student — told officials about the harassment, assault and rape that occurred during the 2008-09 school year, they told her they did not believe her. She recanted.

The suit also alleges that, without seeking her mother’s permission, school officials forced the girl to write a letter of apology to the boy and personally deliver it to him. She was then expelled for the rest of the 2008-2009 school year and referred to juvenile authorities for filing a false report.

“School Officials, although mandatory reporters under Missouri’s Child Abuse Reporting Law, failed to report [the girl’s] complaints to the Division of Family Services or to Greene County Juvenile Authorities,” the suit says.

In 2009-10, the girl was allowed back in school, and the boy continued to harass and assault her, the suit says. She did not tell school officials because she was afraid she would be accused of lying and kicked out of school.

In February 2010, the boy allegedly forcibly raped the girl again, this time in the back of the school library. While school officials allegedly expressed skepticism of the girl, her mother took her to the Child Advocacy Center and an exam showed a sexual assault had occurred. DNA in semen found on the girl matched the DNA of the boy she accused, the suit says.

http://www.news-leader.com/article/20110816/NEWS12/110816008/Lawsuit-filed-against-Republic-School-District-over-rape-claim

Redmanfms
08-22-11, 16:33
Apparently real:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/special-student-sues-missouri-school-district-rapes/story?id=14325659

Honestly, it's not that surprising. School administrators have long sided with the actual bullies. Kids who report being bullied are destroyed for being tattle-tales; kids who are foolish enough to do what bullies need (beat the shit out of them) are punished ruthlessly. Zero tolerance policies have created this sort of bizarro world. I suspect that the people who are attracted to education either were bullies as children, or at least sympathized with them (IOW, they were toadies).

Honu
08-22-11, 17:41
this story just makes me sick and boils the blood also confirms why we home school but makes me wonder what the future brings ?

this punk will do it again ? I say make his family and friends dig a hold and bury him and start doing this to these punks

Moose-Knuckle
08-23-11, 04:07
Stories like these are why in the end people will resort to violence. You cannot rationalize with people that possess such a ****ed up sense of reasoning. Their only beneficial contribution to society is worm food for the compost heap.

Honu
08-23-11, 04:41
Stories like these are why in the end people will resort to violence. You cannot rationalize with people that possess such a ****ed up sense of reasoning. Their only beneficial contribution to society is worm food for the compost heap.

guess worms do eat crap :)

Iraqgunz
08-23-11, 05:25
I thought this was like an April Fools deal in August. WTF, over? I say that they need to be sued out of existence. Every parent who has a child in that school should be concerned.

FromMyColdDeadHand
08-23-11, 07:55
The girl failed and neglected to use reasonable means to protect her self, the response says. Any damages the girl may have sustained, “were as a result of the negligence, carelessness, or conduct of third parties over whom the District Defendants had neither control nor the right to control,” according to the school district response.

Emphasis mine. Do they realize that 'reasonable means' could mean a lot of different things to different people? If I have a daughter in that school, "reasonable means" to keep her from being raped includes everything short off, short off... we'll it doesn't really rule out anything.

Here's hoping that the school super down to the 'counselor' get put into jail and can understand the mental anguish brought on by repeated rapes that authorities will do nothing about.

I really do think that when things like this came up in the past the offending kid was either thrown in the state mental hospital for life, or if too old and violent was just removed from society and just never talked about. I know modern culture encourages this kind of behavior, but it always has to have been around. Child molesters, rapists and deviants had to either have been culled medically or extra-judicially.

The girl is special needs? I think the boys special need will be that he has to piss thru a straw.

usmcvet
08-23-11, 08:56
Not fair at all. And ass backwards. It was the school's responsibility to protect the child, especially such a vulnerable child.

The solution for rapist and child molesters is a Fair & Speedy Trial followed by a lead aspirin to the forehead.

Reagans Rascals
08-23-11, 09:05
Not fair at all. And ass backwards. It was the school's responsibility to protect the child, especially such a vulnerable child.

The solution for rapist and child molesters is a Fair & Speedy Trial followed by a lead aspirin to the forehead.

Andrei Chikatilo

120mm
08-23-11, 11:14
Here's hoping that the school super down to the 'counselor' get put into jail and can understand the mental anguish brought on by repeated rapes that authorities will do nothing about.

I have never, ever heard of a school official being held responsible for "turning a blind eye" to shit like this.

Frankly, a public beat down, to death would not be good enough for these communist worthless filth.

kwelz
08-23-11, 11:54
I read about this a week or two ago and though about posting it. But I would say things I would regret. But since you all posted it.

The boy, the school administrators, and their attorneys need to be drug out into the street and treated publicly just like this girl was. Every single way. Violated, humiliated, abused.

Abraxas
08-23-11, 11:54
Republic is not to far from my home town. I am suprised this happened there. It is not the best school in that area, but it is not the worst. Pretty conservative community

SteyrAUG
08-23-11, 12:07
Regardless of the outcome of any lawsuit or trial, I think I would still kill a LOT of people.

Doesn't matter what kind of judgment or compensation you might receive. Who could ever sleep again at night after finding out that happened to your daughter. Who could live with themselves if they didn't do something about it.

SteyrAUG
08-23-11, 12:09
I read about this a week or two ago and though about posting it. But I would say things I would regret. But since you all posted it.

The boy, the school administrators, and their attorneys need to be drug out into the street and treated publicly just like this girl was. Every single way. Violated, humiliated, abused.

You forgot "...then executed after being forced to write an apology."

FromMyColdDeadHand
08-23-11, 12:14
Regardless of the outcome of any lawsuit or trial, I think I would still kill a LOT of people.

Doesn't matter what kind of judgment or compensation you might receive. Who could ever sleep again at night after finding out that happened to your daughter. Who could live with themselves if they didn't do something about it.

Have fun spending your "I got raped" money.

In a "It takes a Village" way, maiming is way more effective. In ten years kids won't know who these jerk-offs are. A walking, talking, drooling example is much more impactful. Tombstone don't talk.

Once again, administrators talking about criminal matters with out the parent present. When are we going to get laws on the books to stop this?

Honu
08-23-11, 19:51
In a "It takes a Village" way, maiming is way more effective. In ten years kids won't know who these jerk-offs are. A walking, talking, drooling example is much more impactful. Tombstone don't talk.

?

Yup
I think branded and tattoo on the face and arms "rapist" and must have one tattoo showing at all times
Then cut off their peni and hands and feet take away social security number and make it so they can never get any kind of financial help from the state gov etc... They will have to figure it out or have their parents take care and of course their parents now get no welfare etc.... Of any kind

Or have one huge prison for violent offenders on large plot of land and let them farm live on their own or let them all kill each other as need to maintain balance with no outside help anyone tries to escape shot on site :)

SteyrAUG
08-23-11, 22:31
Have fun spending your "I got raped" money.

Once again, administrators talking about criminal matters with out the parent present. When are we going to get laws on the books to stop this?

I don't think you grasped my reply. I think we are actually very much on the same page. I also don't put much value on "I got raped" money, it doesn't even begin to constitute justice.

FromMyColdDeadHand
08-23-11, 23:11
I don't think you grasped my reply. I think we are actually very much on the same page. I also don't put much value on "I got raped" money, it doesn't even begin to constitute justice.

Right there with you, I should have been clearer.

Moose-Knuckle
08-24-11, 02:33

This is pretty much what I was getting at. I'm amazed violence is NOT more common place considering.

Honu
08-24-11, 09:56
This is pretty much what I was getting at. I'm amazed violence is NOT more common place considering.

I guess me ramming the guy down in Costco for smashing my girls hands with the cart counts then :)

someone touches my kid I am going to touch them back harder and with more vengeance than they ever thought and will do it in a way to not get in trouble :)

one of my old Sheriff buds said it best
want to get back at someone ? just make sure you dress in all black hoody and check out local gang tags
smack the guy down and paint up a gang tag where you do it !
case closed gang violence :)

now if thats true or not ? but sure sounds good :)