PDA

View Full Version : Lone Wolf products.

monkyboy
08-22-11, 16:00
Does anyone use a Lone Wolf slide for their Glock? Any problems? Quality?...I'm thinking of having an RMR installed on a G-23, but I would like the option of swapping back to the OEM slide. Any information will be appreciated.........Thanks

Mr blasty
08-23-11, 03:34
Haven't ordered from them before but they have OEM slides.

http://www.glockmeister.com/GLOCK-Receivers-Slides/departments/104/

MrMiller
08-23-11, 08:45
Does anyone use a Lone Wolf slide for their Glock? Any problems? Quality?...I'm thinking of having an RMR installed on a G-23, but I would like the option of swapping back to the OEM slide. Any information will be appreciated.........Thanks

Having personally installed RMR's on many (hundreds) of LW replacement slides (and at least as many Glock OEM slides).
I can tell you that at the end before they were abandoned as a supplier there were numerous issue with the slides, recoil springs, and in particular, the barrels.

Unfortunately their customer service was unwilling to address any of these issues. I do not know at this time if they have resolved these issues or not.

The firm I previously contracted my services to installing RMR's on Glock, M&P, & XD slides now has his own slides made at a local aerospace firm and his own branded barrels made by a major barrel manufacturer.

All of these issues stopped instantly and they have an extremely high quality product.

Barrel issues with failures to feed and difficulty going into battery were most common.
The recoil units seemed to exacerbate the problem.

Slide issues were related to the safety plunger tending to stick at the very top of it's travel and large variation in the front to back location of the rear sight dovetail.

This is only and issue if you are trying to machine the side for an RMR and it starts to squeeze the installation between the front of the dovetail and the safety plunger channel.

If the extractor was installed without fully depressing the plunger it was easily missed.

I also had several with very tight striker holes causing light primer strikes.

If you have a LW slide I suggest making sure it runs before installing the RMR.
I'd suggest using an OEM recoil unit and another manufacturers (Storm Lake) or Glock OEM barrel.

I still install RMR's on Glocks if you end up gong that route.

monkyboy
08-23-11, 22:24
MrMiller...thanks for the response, thats the information I was trying to get. I will go with an OEM slide. Do you have a list of machining services you provide? Thanks again.

MrMiller
08-23-11, 22:54
PM inbound