PDA

View Full Version : Is there a successor to the Aimpoint T-1?

0reo
08-23-11, 10:01
Just wondering if / when there might be a newer version of the Aimpoint T-1. I'm considering purchasing one but I'll wait if there's a new version just around the corner. What's the word on the street?

ucrt
08-23-11, 10:48

Aimpoint has a replacement called a T-2.
The T-2 has a variable sized dot from 1" to 6".
The color of the dot is selectable as green, red, blue, or amber.
It has a solar rechargeable battery that will last 5-years on full brightness.
It weights less than the T-1, has a built in mount that is height adjustable from 1/3 and absolute co-witness.
The price will be about 1/2 the price of the current T-1.
It will be out as soon as UTG, Barska, and Aimpoint strike up an agreement. Seems according to the guy at the gun show...Barska makes the Aimpoints anyway... ...NOT! ;). (I'm joking! Couldn't resist). So much for info from the street!

Aimpoints latest sight available to the public is the PRO...for real! :)

0reo
08-23-11, 10:57
Hm. :rolleyes:

I'm not interested in the PRO. Just wondering about the T1. It's been out for a while so it seems not unreasonable that they would have a second generation eventually. Otherwise they would have just called it the "T".

sammage
08-23-11, 11:44
If Aimpoint figures out a way to improve the micros, I'm sure they will come to market. Can't see what there is to improve myself...

C4IGrant
08-23-11, 11:47
Hm. :rolleyes:

I'm not interested in the PRO. Just wondering about the T1. It's been out for a while so it seems not unreasonable that they would have a second generation eventually. Otherwise they would have just called it the "T".

We are an Aimpoint Distr. and they have not told us anything so buy one now before they raise their prices (again).

C4

markm
08-23-11, 11:49
Hold out for the T-3 Rise of the Machines. It can morph into other optics.

C4IGrant
08-23-11, 11:52
Hold out for the T-3 Rise of the Machines. It can morph into other optics.

LOL, stop (as some idiot will read this and actually believe you).

C4

Sub MOA
08-23-11, 12:31
Dang, I JUST purchased a T1 yesterday. Wasnt even aware of a T2. Thought i did alot of research. Oh well. I think i'd rather stick with what i know, and possibly try that one later anyways

Sub MOA
08-23-11, 12:37
:mad:

Oh crap! Starting to feel dumb. Theres no such thing as a T-2, is there? I knew about the pro, but only researched a T-2 after falling 4 that. Funny
:smile:

C45P312
08-23-11, 13:36
I'd like to see Aimpoint develop a T-1 in 2moa.

Wiggity
08-23-11, 13:52
I'd like to see Aimpoint develop a T-1 in 2moa.

This. If eotech can make a 1moa with that shortass optic, then aimpoint can find a way to make a 2moa with the T1

Ironman8
08-23-11, 18:51
:mad:

Oh crap! Starting to feel dumb. Theres no such thing as a T-2, is there? I knew about the pro, but only researched a T-2 after falling 4 that. Funny
:smile:

I just LOLed :lol:

Hmac
08-23-11, 19:26
This. If eotech can make a 1moa with that shortass optic, then aimpoint can find a way to make a 2moa with the T1

Different projector technology, so those comparisons between Aimpoint and Eotech don't work...optical collimation/reflex vs. holographic projection. IIUC, the length of the T-1 barrel dictates the size of the dot.

RogerinTPA
08-23-11, 19:27
I'd be tickled pink if Aimpoint came out with clear lens covers...

duece71
08-23-11, 20:07
How about a replacement for the H-1.........:rolleyes:

JSantoro
08-23-11, 20:14
IIUC, the length of the T-1 barrel dictates the size of the dot.

It does. They use the same emitter as in the 4MOA Comp-series optics.

Comparing the two doesn't fit. Lasers are light, so they follow the same rules as less-collimated light, but the similar effects are seen at markedly different distances even before you start tossing pattern generators and the like.

Apples to applesauce. May taste the same, but one sits on the table while maintaining its shape, the other makes a puddle.

seb5
08-26-11, 20:46
I'm waiting on a T-1 with a bright, daylight ivsible green dot. Other than that I'll keep the 4 T/H-1's currently used, abused, and left on.

Renegade
08-26-11, 20:56
Just wondering if / when there might be a newer version of the Aimpoint T-1. I'm considering purchasing one but I'll wait if there's a new version just around the corner. What's the word on the street?

Definitely something coming soon, distributors are dumping inventory.

dfsutton
08-27-11, 11:13
Definitely something coming soon, distributors are dumping inventory.

And how do you know this info?

Renegade
08-27-11, 11:17
And how do you know this info?

I buy from distributors, have decades of experience, and know when prices are dropping on a product that has been on the market for a couple of years, they send you constant notices about the pricing, it only means one thing. Does not matter if it is a T-1 or an iPhone or a Sony TV.

5cary
08-27-11, 13:47
I buy from distributors, have decades of experience, and know when prices are dropping on a product that has been on the market for a couple of years, they send you constant notices about the pricing, it only means one thing. Does not matter if it is a T-1 or an iPhone or a Sony TV.

Or maybe the economy is bad and they just want to increase sales...just sayin'

cop1211
08-27-11, 19:31
How about a version thats the size of the T1/H1 but with a 30mm objective?