PDA

View Full Version : Magpul ranger plate on ASC 30 rnd 6.8 mag

Waylander
08-23-11, 18:25
I've heard of these working on some mags and not on some so I'm looking for first hand knowledge.

kdcgrohl
08-24-11, 08:09
I've heard of these working on some mags and not on some so I'm looking for first hand knowledge.

I don't have first hand knowledge on that specific mag, but I can tell you for certain that they do work on Barrett 30's and PRI Waffle 15's and Straight 25's.

Waylander
08-24-11, 08:17
I don't have first hand knowledge on that specific mag, but I can tell you for certain that they do work on Barrett 30's and PRI Waffle 15's and Straight 25's.

Good to know. It seems to me the ASC are closer to GI issue design than Barrett and PRI are anyway so they should be good to go if those are.

drrufo
09-03-11, 18:42
I dont know about the 6.8 mags, but I did find out that ranger plates will not fit some of my .223 mags. The older mags seem to have a slightly longer tab holding the bottom plate on. It is just long enough that the ranger set up will not fit between the tabs. I am tempted to make up a fixture to grind down the tabs to the newer length. I would compare the tab length on your 6.8 mags to see if they have two different lengths.

randolph
09-03-11, 19:13
I run them on PRI waffle 10 round mags.
never an issue.