PDA

View Full Version : Best optic for a 3-gun match type carbine...

Buck50
11-05-07, 12:09
I’m looking for some assistance in determining the best optic for a 3-gun match type carbine.

Am I better off with a traditional “red dot” type optic with or without magnifier? Or would something like an illuminated Leupold Mark 4 1.5-5x20mm MR/T M2 or a Trijicon AccuPoint TR21R work better?

I appreciate the help.

UPSguy
11-05-07, 12:18
I’m looking for some assistance in determining the best optic for a 3-gun match type carbine.

Am I better off with a traditional “red dot” type optic with or without magnifier? Or would something like an illuminated Leupold Mark 4 1.5-5x20mm MR/T M2 or a Trijicon AccuPoint TR21R work better?

I appreciate the help.might want to start by reading USMC03s sticky at the top of this forum. Full of good info.

rhino
11-05-07, 15:32

I appreciate the help.

It depends on what distances you'll be shooting. If all of your targets will be 100 yards or less (which is true for most clubs), you'd be hard pressed to beat a good quality red dot like an Aimpoint or EOTech.

If you routinely shoot longer distances in addition to the very close stuff, then that is when the low power variable telescopes will serve you best.

Find out more information about the matches you want to shoot, and let the needs of your marksmanship challenges guide you in selecting the proper gear.

sff70
11-08-07, 13:30
Distance to the targets is important.

You also need to know the rules for the match/matches you're shooting in. They may limit what you can use.