PDA

View Full Version : 18 inch M1A scout MK14ish

SOTIC1993
08-24-11, 06:20
I currently am putting together a Similar rifle I carried in Iraq last tour except I am using a 18 inch barrel this time, in Iraq I used a ARMS 18 mount and it survived 15 months of battle and harsh treatment.
I just got a deal on a Steel Sadlak mount, but I never used one in the same environment, anyone have any testimony on this mount other than the gun safe and range time? Just need to know if its going to stand up to the same beating as the ARMS.
Thanks

here is my rifle in Iraq
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v198/FMSNIPER/sc.jpg

here is my current project
and yes I know my reloading bench is a mess, and the POS junk SA mount is only for testing the scope height....Sadlak is in route
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v198/FMSNIPER/P1380400.jpg

mkmckinley
09-10-11, 08:07
Nice setup, how's she shoot?

It looks like you reload, do you have to take any special precautions loading for the M1A gas system? Mind sharing any load data?

SOTIC1993
09-10-11, 08:18
not reloading for this rifle, I use American eagle 168, shoots very well for a 18 inch, around 1.5 moa

ICANHITHIMMAN
09-10-11, 08:20
Well I have that mount and I consider it better than the ARMS the guys at Sadlk improved upon the already proven brookfield design.

They also provided mounts for the 101st airborn.

I have had mine on my rifle for a few years now it has never come loose. I can not say you will have the same experience as I did as I sent my rifle to them for fitting of the mount it was machined to fit my reciver a few thousands here and there.

Did you get it new? If not make sure you go to the site and read up on how to measure your reciver to see how close it is to spec.

Anchor Zero Six
09-10-11, 11:44
Sadlak is generally regarded as the best M14 mount around for a Pic rail optic. If you were planning on an ACOG I would suggest the GDI mount as its a bit lower but for your intended use you made the right choice.

+1 check their sight for fitment info, I think they even offer the service of fitting it for you or they use to.

elephantrider
09-15-11, 18:57
As others have said the Sadlak is good to go. Their 101st Airborne model even has some material removed to lighten it up. The Sadlak rail will sit higher than the ARMS however. When the scope is off you use the irons through the channel in the Sadlak rail, vs sighting over the top of the ARMS rail.