PDA

View Full Version : 22/45 malfunctioning

RandomGunNut
08-24-11, 09:01
Basically I can feel the disconnector slipping off the sear resulting in the trigger moving back and forth but not firing the gun, I can recreate this by pulling the trigger and holding the diconnector down. It happens once every 6 rounds or so, and the way I fix it is by slapping the left side of the gun one or twice and that usually makes it good for another 6 rounds or so.

The history of the gun is, the mag safety removed about 750 rnds ago without a hitch, but a week ago I was cleaning it and I sum-how got the hammer messed while assembling it up and was unable to remove the mainspring housing and had to pry the mainspring housing off. When it came out I found the hammer pivot pin was bent and the grip holes it mounts into where very minutely warped when I called Ruger for a replacement pin the sent me a replacement pin for a mark 3 not a mark 3 22/45 (the mk 3 pin they sent me is the one in the gun during the malfunctions).

Well that is my problem some one have a suggestion?

Should I just take it to my gunsmith?

RagweedZulu
08-24-11, 13:22
Call Ruger for the correct pin. Try that first. And WHY did you take the mag safety disconnect part? It may be a pain, but the pistol was designed with it and it sounds to me like you tweaked something in there. He'll, send the whole gun to Ruger. It'll work right (and be built right) when it gets back to you.

Wildcat
08-24-11, 20:52
Did you replace the mag safety hook with a spacer or just remove the hook and spring?

RandomGunNut
08-25-11, 08:38
Just removed the hook, thought it would be ok since went through 750 rnds without a hitch. Should I just grind down the mag safety or buy a washer?

Wildcat
08-25-11, 15:17
I'd recommend a spacer of some kind. A washer should work.

When you remove the hook and leave a gap, the hammer has enough lateral travel on the bushing to get out of alignment with the slot in the bolt; then the pistol can't be decocked and field stripping is worse than usual.

RandomGunNut
08-25-11, 17:52
Will do thanks for the advise!

nfranco
08-26-11, 13:44
Have you had a look here?
http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=211
Some good info.