PDA

View Full Version : Stripped Daniel Defense 10.3" Gov't... in stock anywhere?

amd5007
08-25-11, 09:45
I've been looking for the stripped 10.3" Gov't barrel for a while. I ordered one and was told it would be 6-8 weeks before they came in. 8 weeks have gone by and still nothing. I contacted DD and they said they are trying to determine a better gasport diameter and that they were close to the end of testing.

Does anyone know where these would be in stock? I've tried G&R, Adco, midway, and DD without any luck. Am I missing anywhere?

rob_s
08-25-11, 09:49
Not too excited to hear about the gas port diameter issue. I just ordered a lightweight version of the same barrel.

amd5007
08-25-11, 10:04
Sorry I should have included this in the first post...I don't know what the technical deal with it is, but their CS guy told me that they have two different gasport diameters: one for commercial barrels, and the other for MIL/LE barrels. I don't know why the two different sizes, but apparently they are trying to move away from it. I was thinking (pure speculation) maybe it related to overgassing from suppressor use.

rob_s
08-25-11, 10:08
Interesting.

I know that KAC had one gas port size on their initial offerings of SR15s designed to work with military pressure ammo and go so many complaints on the commercial market they opened up the port.

I would actually like to have a "commercial" gas port on the barrel I have now and if I decide to do another, suppressor host, just like it I'd like the smaller one on that.

I guess the good news is the likelihood is high that I got the port size I wanted on the barrel I ordered.