PDA

View Full Version : Ran across this on The Highroad

hals1
08-25-11, 10:42
"Carrier group/ Buffer Tube problems with AR 15
First post--newbie here.

I am having issues with my m4. I have a yankee hill free float upper on a rock river lower. I built it myself and have been running it for a year with no problems. Eats any ammo and as fast as you can squeeze she talks. That being said. I noticed the other day the buffer tube/stock was loose. I tightened it back up and shot a few rounds and the bolt siezed back in the tube. I disassembled it and took the buffer tube off, put everything back together and now the bolt will not go all the way back to engage the bolt stop. Manually when pulling the charging handle it stops with about 1/8" to 1/4" to go in order for it to clear the bolt catch. I cant back the tube off anymore because as it sits its on the edge of the buffer stop

any suggestions before i buy a new tube/buffer/spring

also the upper works fine when i put it on any of my other lowers, and previously worked fine on this one

thanks"

Can anybody help this guy out?

Failure2Stop
08-25-11, 10:51
Can anybody help this guy out?
Yup.
Tell him to join M4Carbine and do a search.

lethal dose
08-25-11, 11:00
Check cam pin orientation.

Iraqgunz
08-25-11, 13:14
1. Not everyone bonehead on the planet we call Earth should be building an AR.

2. My guess is that he didn't stake the castle nut (the one that never loosens) and it loosened up over time. There is probably some damage to the buffer retainer pin among others.

3. If you are going to make a post at least do some research and find out the the correct name of the parts, i.e. "buffer stop" doesn't exist.

Wiggity
08-25-11, 13:22
Did you ask that OP?

fixit69
08-25-11, 13:29
1. Not everyone bonehead on the planet we call Earth should be building an AR.

2. My guess is that he didn't stake the castle nut (the one that never loosens) and it loosened up over time. There is probably some damage to the buffer retainer pin among others.

3. If you are going to make a post at least do some research and find out the the correct name of the parts, i.e. "buffer stop" doesn't exist.

Priceless and true

QuietShootr
08-25-11, 13:36
I vote lock and trash this bitch. Let that stuff stay on THR with the morons where it belongs.

markm
08-25-11, 13:40
He's ****ed asking questions on that site. There were only like 3 of us who knew dick about ARs over there.... and those fudd **** 1911 masturbators perma banned me.

Dutchy556
08-25-11, 15:07
He's ****ed asking questions on that site. There were only like 3 of us who knew dick about ARs over there.... and those fudd **** 1911 masturbators perma banned me.

I literally laughed out loud... that's sigline material.

fixit69
08-25-11, 15:49

You guys really need to quit. I just spit beer.

Inkslinger
08-25-11, 15:59
I vote lock and trash this bitch. Let that stuff stay on THR with the morons where it belongs.
^Amen to that.

Iraqgunz
08-25-11, 16:50
Before this thing goes down like Marilyn Chambers I am going to close it.

OP- You can guide said person here and maybe we can help. Or he can play 1000 guesses over there.