PDA

View Full Version : I was not expecting this from Noveske.

Skang
08-26-11, 00:57
I have three things to ask.

(1st problem)

Today I went to shooting with my NEW Noveske N4 Low-Pro.

I started with sighting the folding iron sights. While I was shooting and adjusting sights, I noticed something that did not look right.

The forward assist button was missing and spring was barely hanging on there. I only shot 20 rounds of American Eagle Tactical XM193 / 5.56x45mm if that matters, which it doesn't.

So I turned around back and looked around for the missing piece. Luckily I found the missing piece about 5 feet away where I was shooting. Looked like they forgot to put roll pin on there. Because I could not find roll pin at all.

I e-mailed Noveske customer service too. We will see what they say.

Here are the pictures.

http://i324.photobucket.com/albums/k337/KSH-711/Forums/70a2aa0e.jpg

http://i324.photobucket.com/albums/k337/KSH-711/Forums/deee9eaa.jpg

(2nd problem)

I was using two NEW 20rd Magpul magazines. And non of them were able to lock the bolt on last round. I guessing it can be the magazine issue. Ill try 30rd next time to see if it fix the problem.

(3rd question)

How off was your rifle? I zeroed my iron sights and rear were about 1 line to the right. Too much off?

http://i324.photobucket.com/albums/k337/KSH-711/Forums/5489d68b.jpg

kwelz
08-26-11, 01:33
As for your first issue, that sucks. Although that is a VLTOR upper. So not something Noveske could have caught.

Issue 2: 20 round PMags often have issues.

Issue 3: Well within acceptable tolerances. If you can zero without having to go max windage you are fine.

Meplat
08-26-11, 01:35
Every company produces a lemon once in a while. No exceptions. What separates a good company from a bad one is how often these lemons get sent out of the factory, and what the company does to make it right.
I have not the slightest doubt in my mind that Noveske will take care of you and make this right in every possible aspect in an efficient and timely manner, and more than likely with great respect and friendliness.
As for the 20rd. PMags, I personally don't think it's your gun's fault. My BCMs have always had problems with locking the bolt back after the last round on them. Sometimes they work, usually they don't. I won't even use the 20 rounders anymore and I know there are more than a few people around who have shared this experience, so I wouldn't blame your gun at all.

As for your sight adjustments, they seem about fine or average. That's about how much I usually have to adjust a rear sight from the factory to get it zeroed.

Dave L.
08-26-11, 01:37
The forward assist issue is for the Mfg. to handle.

Bolt not locking back could easily be a mag issue; try USGI 30-round mags.

Rear sight, is not an issue. I have seen worse, especially with rail-mounted sights. Rails are usually machined from extrusions, you never know how it may turn out. Don't forget, when you opt for flip-up sights, they are "back up iron sights".

Iraqgunz
08-26-11, 03:21
1. Emailing the manufacturer and the simultaneously posting here doesn't equal doing it the correct way.

2. You assumed that the magazines were an issue, yet you mentioned it as if it could be the weapon.

3. Your rear sight is perfectly normal. Assuming that you have spent any time behind the AR I would think it would be obvious.