PDA

View Full Version : Finally, got my 930 SPX up and running

SPM14430
08-26-11, 04:35
I bought the gun used back in June for $500.

Barrel had the canted sight issue so after some back and forth with Mossberg, had it swapped out for the newest 3rd gen heavy barrel. Also made them throw in the newest knurled charging handle for free.

The 930 SPX is now my favorite firearm... 7+1 capacity (+1 more with ghost loading)

I've added the Mesa Tactical 4-Round Sureshell carrier, Limbsaver Speed Mount recoil pad, and Aimpoint Micro H-1 (which I'l have duracoated matte black)

Ran about 100 rounds of Centurion slugs through her with zero malfunctions.

http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j377/smao234/Snapbucket/null-orig.jpg?t=1314350684

biggjay96x
08-26-11, 14:23
Looks great.

Winter
08-27-11, 18:57
Might be off topic but how well do those slugs work? I've been thinking of buying some for my 870 but am hesitant because of lack of reports.
Thanks

iGun
08-27-11, 19:45
Nice. I've been thinking about picking up one of these if I can find one. How's the length of pull on that stock? I heard that it was on the long side.

Carne Frio
08-28-11, 00:22
Yes, that does look nice. Congratulations. What kind of
co-witness do you have ? And which mount on the H1 ?

SPM14430
08-28-11, 06:35
"Might be off topic but how well do those slugs work? I've been thinking of buying some for my 870 but am hesitant because of lack of reports.
Thanks"

As far as plinking at the range, the Centurion Slug ammo is good to go ... and it can't be beat for the price. It's manufactured in Italy.

Just ordered another 250 rounds from SGAmmo. Came out to $96 shipped, or 38 cents a round. They also sell in quantities of 50 to try out.

I've only fired the slugs at an indoor range and it was dead on. Others have reported clover leafing at 50 yards off hand with this Centurion stuff.

"Nice. I've been thinking about picking up one of these if I can find one. How's the length of pull on that stock? I heard that it was on the long side."

The length of pull seems fine to me. I'm 6 ft and can mount the shotgun comfortably. There's also a Choate stock with a pistol grip available for the 930 SPX. It's actually available with pistol grip stock straight from the factory.

If you do decide to pick one up, be sure its the latest generation. It will save you a lot of headache. Best way to tell is if it comes with the knurled charging handle from the factory.

Looks like this:

http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j377/smao234/930.jpg?t=1314530909

Yes, that does look nice. Congratulations. What kind of co-witness do you have ? And which mount on the H1 ?

The Aimpoint Micro is currently on the factory mount and provides an absolute co-witness. I'm toying with the idea of the Larue low mount...