PDA

View Full Version : Noveske?

turbo38gn
08-26-11, 06:53
Ok, so I sign in, check for new posts and start reading. I see a thread about Noveske, a brand I have been interested in, since I read so much about how great they are. Seems a new owner has some issues after his 1st trip to the range with his new Noveske and decides to inquire here as to what to do. He gets poo-pooed, told that it's ok, doesn't happen much, some other company is responsible and a few other excuses. Then.... as I look to ask a few questions as I am curious now and have some concerns... the thread is closed. I'm confused, why would it be closed? I saw no reason for it so I am going to ask my questions in a new thread.
Does Noveski manufacture their own parts or do they purchase parts from other manufacturers and assemble them under the Noveski name? In other words, the iron sites, the upper assembly, the magazines... do they use someone else's parts. If they do, after they assemble, do they test fire, check site alignment, run a few mags through to function check? etc.. I was considering purchasing one if I could...

rob_s
08-26-11, 07:04
A few things...

First, you probably should look to the forum rules to understand why the thread was locked. You probably should have read them before ever posting at all, but better late than never. Go read them now. We'll wait.

there, make sense?

Second, it's "Noveske". I do not understand how you can spell it correctly in one sentence and not in another. the E and the I aren't even anywhere near each other on the keyboard, so it's not a fat-finger issue.

Third, the answers to all of your questions are on this forum, multiple times, if you know where to look.

Finally, no, Noveske does not manufacture all of their own parts. You know who manufactures more of their own parts than almost anyone else? Olympic Arms. Given that barometer I'd say the perception that one manufacturing their own parts being a good thing is tipped pretty far to the side of no, it's not a good thing.

Noveske uses premium parts sourced from the best manufacturers and suppliers. I'll let them answer re: test fire procedures etc.

Scoby
08-26-11, 07:16
Noveske is one of the top of the line manufacturers.

The forward assist coming off on the Vltor MUR receiver is a rare occurrence as far as I know. It was most likely caused by the roll pin not being fully inserted for retention.

The thread was closed because the OP posted first prior to receiving a response from Noveske about how to remedy the situation. I have no doubt that Noveske will handle his issue with great customer service. I'd fix it myself and be done with it.

You can't go wrong with Noveske.

turbo38gn
08-26-11, 07:27
It's your playground

High Tower
08-26-11, 07:27
Without a link to the thread, its hard to say. Could be violation of the forum rules as Rob said. Or it could be a case where an employee of another AR manufacturer is trying to spread lies about other AR's. They have been known to do that. One in particular would share the same abbreviation (and quality) as Bowel Movement.

You cannot go wrong with Noveske. Everyone has a lemon from time to time.

mkmckinley
08-26-11, 07:28
Noveske is well worth your consideration. They source their parts from the best manufacturers in the business and have top notch quality control and customer service. Some of the parts are off the shelf so to speak and some of them they have designed to their specs. Take their new forged lower for example. It made using a better process than billet and has some really nice but subtle features. The same goes for their proprietary rail system and more than anything their barrels. If Colt is the standard by which other ARs are judged then Noveske is one of the few companies that manages to exceed the standard. I don't work at Noveske so I don't know their testing procedures but I can say that the two that I own have been great performers.

turbo38gn
08-26-11, 07:36

The forward assist coming off on the Vltor MUR receiver is a rare occurrence as far as I know. It was most likely caused by the roll pin not being fully inserted for retention.

The thread was closed because the OP posted first prior to receiving a response from Noveske about how to remedy the situation. I have no doubt that Noveske will handle his issue with great customer service. I'd fix it myself and be done with it.

Thanks Scooby, appreciate the response. I just thought the poster was looking for help, like it was said, everyone has an oops moment, doesn't make the brand name anything less than.. I would like to know if the mags that he had problems with are what Noveske supplys or were they his own.. it was unclear to me.

turbo38gn
08-26-11, 07:37

Thanks Scooby, appreciate the response. I just thought the poster was looking for help, like it was said, everyone has an oops moment, doesn't make the brand name anything less than.. I would like to know if the mags that he had problems with are what Noveske supplys or were they his own.. it was unclear to me. I just thought the poster pointed out some areas that would be of interest to me and others

Eurodriver
08-26-11, 08:27
Ok, thanks for the direction to the rules.... maybe you should read them too. Thanks for the parts of your response that are positive. This isn't school, I don't need a spelling lesson. Using that as a prop to show your superiority isn't neccesary, you, I and anyone that reads this thread knows my intent. Just a simple answer to my questions if you had the answers was all that was needed.

Lastly, I saw nothing wrong with the other thread, other than a poster asking for experienced answers from the "Industry Proffessionals". I also have no perception about manufacturing all your own parts, do you?

Hey man, I'd like to help you out. Rob_S is kind of a jerk isn't he? Word is they've been trying to get rid of him for years to no avail. If you want a great site with like minded people, you'd fit in great at:

http://www.ar15.com

Check out the Spikes Tactical forum for bonus points.

Scoby
08-26-11, 08:39
He was using 20rd PMags. Some people do have problems with the 20 rounders from time to time.

I have a 16" LoPro Recce and it has been great. Maybe approaching 2k rounds in it so far. Very accurate but a tad on the heavy side with the 11" SWS rail.

Don't hesitate to purchase a Noveske although there are other great rifles out there as well. I have no regrets with mine.

http://i830.photobucket.com/albums/zz229/Scoby/NoveskeN415x5.jpg

mtdawg169
08-26-11, 09:16
Ok, so I sign in, check for new posts and start reading. I see a thread about Noveske, a brand I have been interested in, since I read so much about how great they are. Seems a new owner has some issues after his 1st trip to the range with his new Noveske and decides to inquire here as to what to do. He gets poo-pooed, told that it's ok, doesn't happen much, some other company is responsible and a few other excuses. Then.... as I look to ask a few questions as I am curious now and have some concerns... the thread is closed. I'm confused, why would it be closed? I saw no reason for it so I am going to ask my questions in a new thread.
Does Noveski manufacture their own parts or do they purchase parts from other manufacturers and assemble them under the Noveski name? In other words, the iron sites, the upper assembly, the magazines... do they use someone else's parts. If they do, after they assemble, do they test fire, check site alignment, run a few mags through to function check? etc.. I was considering purchasing one if I could...

The closed thread was a clear violation of forum rules. Always contact Mfr. first. His other issues, weren't issues.

As stated above, Noveske sources parts from a variety of places. Yes, they do test fire every gun. I doubt that they zero it for you. And finally, if you're considering purchasing one, have no fear. They make excellent quality rifles and barrels, and their customer service is extraordinary. In the rare event that you have an issue, you can rest assured that it will be taken care of, as I'm sure the OP from the closed thread will eventually find out.

Iraqgunz
08-26-11, 09:16
OP,

Since you are concerned about why I closed the thread, it's pretty simple. He made a post concerning a site sponsor where he lays the blame on them and then indicates that he has "emailed them" about the situation. The site rules explain the procedure;

(4) Contact The Manufacturer or Dealer First – Internet forums have a large global audience and unsubstantiated or ill-informed comments will affect the livelihoods of a lot of hard working people in the industry. If you have an issue with a manufacturer or dealer that you would like to resolve, we ask that your first contact them to resolve it.
What should have happened is he should have contacted the manufacturer and explained his problem. Noveske would have then offered to make it right as they always have (even when people complained about shit that was meaningless).

He indicated that there was failure of the bolt to lock back after the last round (even though it could have been the magazine) according to him and yet he thought it was important enough to mention in his post.

We aren't covering for anyone. Noveske has a solid and well earned reputation among those who know. They are not infallible because they are after all- human.

Noveske is one of the best AR manufacturers in the business and I wouldn't hesitate to get another one. I hope this answers your concerns.

rob_s
08-26-11, 09:18
If you read the rules and don't understand why the other thread was locked then your reading comprehension is as good as your spelling. Of which I need to exploit to feel superior to you, BTW, but they don't help your case.

This forum requires that people contact the manufacturer with problems first and only after they receive a response and resolution, or fail to get a response after repeated attempts, post their experiences here. This is due to the high volume of user errors reported on online forums which either never get copped to or which start out as angry buyers and resolve as "oops my bad". You can't unring that bell and the bad press is already released.

M4C is different than the great wide internets. Reading the rules and understanding them goes a long way towards making this clear right out of the gate, but in a microwave world people just have to post rightthis****ingminute and don't have time to read them. Or even spell the same word twice within 5 seconds of each other.

rob_s
08-26-11, 09:20
Hey man, I'd like to help you out. Rob_S is kind of a jerk isn't he? Word is they've been trying to get rid of him for years to no avail. If you want a great site with like minded people, you'd fit in great at:

Anxiously awaiting the rapture …
So I can be alone.
:jester:

samuse
08-26-11, 10:20
So I can be alone.

If it weren't for assholes I wouldn't have anyone to argue with, besides, what good is a friend if you can't fight with 'em?:jester:

I have a Noveske [Skinny MOE] and it's a great gun. It has an issue that I contacted them about and they were very helpful, admitted that it wasn't right and didn't hesitate to offer to fix it. It was a minor issue (canted FSB) and the gun shoots and works excellently, so I decided that It wasn't worth taking out of the rotation to send it in. Good people IMO.

turbo38gn
08-26-11, 10:26
;)
If it weren't for assholes I wouldn't have anyone to argue with, besides, what good is a friend if you can't fight with 'em?:jester:

I have a Noveske [Skinny MOE] and it's a great gun. It has an issue that I contacted them about and they were very helpful, admitted that it wasn't right and didn't hesitate to offer to fix it. It was a minor issue (canted FSB) and the gun shoots and works excellently, so I decided that It wasn't worth taking out of the rotation to send it in. Good people IMO.

Thanks, appreciate the no BS responses,

munch520
08-26-11, 10:35
OP,

Since you are concerned about why I closed the thread, it's pretty simple. He made a post concerning a site sponsor where he lays the blame on them and then indicates that he has "emailed them" about the situation. The site rules explain the procedure;

(4) Contact The Manufacturer or Dealer First – Internet forums have a large global audience and unsubstantiated or ill-informed comments will affect the livelihoods of a lot of hard working people in the industry. If you have an issue with a manufacturer or dealer that you would like to resolve, we ask that your first contact them to resolve it.

the rest ...... I laugh at. I feel somewhat sad for them, but no skin off my azzzz. If it makes the little guy feel big... go for it. :)

If that was the case, Rob just answered directly and with a dose of sarcasm, which maybe I appreciate more than others. Nothing to get all ruffled about...you asked an obvious (DERRR) question and got a put out answer as a result. I've asked dumb questions and in turn gotten shit for it...it happens. Probably doesn't help that 50% of the time you post on M4C you get into a dick measuring contest with someone.

Javelin
08-26-11, 10:47
Noveske rifles & their customer service/warranty are second to none. John Noveske said that as long as he is alive and the gun has his name on it he will fix it.

You can't beat that. And Vltor is also an AWESOME company and their parts are superb. Obviously there can be a glitch here or there in Vltor or any of the distributor's components but if you are dealing with Noveske you really have nothing to worry about.

:)

turdbocharged
08-26-11, 10:48
OP, this forum may seem harsh to outsiders but that's only because many people come here looking for a babysitter and someone to tell them what they want to hear.

Luckily that doesn't happen and even though you may get butthurt at least you can walk away with some knowledge from people who have and do go into harms way with the very systems that us civilians can use.

I've been a member here for a long time yet my post count is low because most of my questions are answered by the search function and FaQs.

cvx5832
08-26-11, 11:39
He was using 20rd PMags. Some people do have problems with the 20 rounders from time to time.

I have a 16" LoPro Recce and it has been great. Maybe approaching 2k rounds in it so far. Very accurate but a tad on the heavy side with the 11" SWS rail.

Don't hesitate to purchase a Noveske although there are other great rifles out there as well. I have no regrets with mine.

I wanted to echo what everyone else has said. I only have a Noveske upper (Afghan) with around 800 rounds, but it has been flawless so far. That's not an exaggeration, either. From round 1 there have been no failures, no pseudo-failures, nothing close to it. I use 193s exclusively.

On the 20 rnd Pmags, I think they're fine. I use them exclusively on the Noveske. Even with a Wolff extra power action spring and H2 buffer, the bolt locks back every time. And being from California with 10-round magazines, we have our bolts locking back 2-3x more than the rest of the country given the same round count.

I'm sure Noveske will make him right.

turbo38gn
08-26-11, 11:48
As for the Noveske brand, I poked around, no doubt a top performer. I thought the questions were innocent, no harm meant, just asking a couple easy to answer questions.

mtdawg169
08-26-11, 13:16
On the 20 rnd Pmags, I think they're fine. I use them exclusively on the Noveske. Even with a Wolff extra power action spring and H2 buffer, the bolt locks back every time. And being from California with 10-round magazines, we have our bolts locking back 2-3x more than the rest of the country given the same round count.

I have two Pmag 20s and neither have ever given me any trouble. However, I have seen enough reported problems with them to know that if I ever start having a failure to lock issue, they will be my first suspect and not my carbine.

TonyTacoma
08-26-11, 14:58

Now that's funny.

I love my noveske, I wouldn't trade it for anything.

J8127
08-26-11, 16:26
Actually, I think I'm just fine now. Been here long enough to know who has the stretched butts.. :sarcastic::sarcastic: Now that I think about it... the same guy talks the same chit...

I do agree with the knowledge base being here to some degree, but that doesn't make them God.

As for the Noveske brand, I poked around, no doubt a top performer. I thought the questions were innocent, no harm meant, just asking a couple easy to answer questions. Unfortunately one guy needs to turn it into a cluster. I mean really.... oh well, guess it helps with post count.... :)

You know, for something that is "no skin off my azzz" you sure do keep talking about it a lot.

turbo38gn
08-26-11, 16:52
xoxoxo

Odie Dozer
08-26-11, 17:21
What are you looking for? A high five for smart mouthing people? Are you trolling the deeps to be a jack ass? You could quit and keep some dignity, sometimes it's nice to have around. P.S. sweet sig line, wish I was cool enough to list the guns I own, oh wait I guess I'm not much for showing off. :ph34r:

LowSpeed_HighDrag
08-26-11, 17:21
Just trying to be polite and respond to guys like you that have nothing of value to add to the thread...:dirol:

I was rootin' for you in the beginning, but then you made yourself look like an asshole. I guess we'll see you in a week or two.

Ive often wondered about where Noveske gets their parts from. Esp their LPKs and rails.

RichDC2
08-26-11, 17:54
I f'n love this forum!

jonconsiglio
08-26-11, 18:02
I was rootin' for you in the beginning, but then you made yourself look like an asshole. I guess we'll see you in a week or two.

Yeah, at first I thought he just made a mistake by not reading the rules or that he'd realize of the many thousands of Noveskes out there, one of the only problems that he can reference is a forward assist coming loose…..on a Vltor upper, mind you.

Then continuing to act like this is just ridiculous.

turbo38gn
08-26-11, 18:14
I really don't understand this logic now, I ask a legit question, get some legit answers. A few take some nasty shots at me for NO reason. That's right, no reason. I tend to respond when someone directs their attention to me, but I'm an azzzz for responding.. ok, I cleaned up my side of the fence cause I don't like it any more than you. No one took a shot at Noveske, meaning myself and the guy from the original thread, just came to the place that was supposed to be AR heaven on earth and once again, the uglys come out like you are being attacked.. this really is sad.... To the guy that was rooting for me, I don't get it, it's ok for the "regulars" to take shots at me when I didn't provoke it....

seb5
08-26-11, 18:35

Ive often wondered about where Noveske gets their parts from. Esp their LPKs and rails.

The rails come from SWS for the most part, with others from Troy and of course MOE handguards. LPK, I don't know but have read in other thread where Stag was mentioned.

fixit69
08-26-11, 18:55
I really don't understand this logic now, I ask a legit question, get some legit answers. A few take some nasty shots at me for NO reason. That's right, no reason. I tend to respond when someone directs their attention to me, but I'm an azzzz for responding.. ok, I cleaned up my side of the fence cause I don't like it any more than you. No one took a shot at Noveske, meaning myself and the guy from the original thread, just came to the place that was supposed to be AR heaven on earth and once again, the uglys come out like you are being attacked.. this really is sad.... To the guy that was rooting for me, I don't get it, it's ok for the "regulars" to take shots at me when I didn't provoke it....

Look man, I wasn't going to say anything, but stop the "oh my did you say that" shit. These boys here have the knowledge base I wish I had my paws in years ago. And your assbaggery is doing nothing for you and it's getting sad. You read rules, and your still complaining. I don't know what else to say but stop it. It's not even funny anymore.
I've had to hang my head and shut up and listen. I would advise you to do the same.

Scoby
08-26-11, 19:24
This thing is begging for a lockdown.

randyman_ar
08-26-11, 20:54
So I can be alone.

Thanks Rob. Anyone know how to get beer out of a lap top?

munch520
08-26-11, 21:29
I really don't understand this logic now, I ask a legit question, get some legit answers. A few take some nasty shots at me for NO reason. That's right, no reason.

As I said before, the reason seems to be obvious. You asked a pretty obvious question and got shit for it. Then got all salty because of the direct response. Plain and simple.

If that was the case, Rob just answered directly and with a dose of sarcasm, which maybe I appreciate more than others. Nothing to get all ruffled about...you asked an obvious (DERRR) question and got a put out answer as a result. I've asked dumb questions and in turn gotten shit for it...it happens. Probably doesn't help that 50% of the time you post on M4C you get into a dick measuring contest with someone.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
08-28-11, 16:46
The rails come from SWS for the most part, with others from Troy and of course MOE handguards. LPK, I don't know but have read in other thread where Stag was mentioned.

Thats too bad, Im not a huge fan of SWS or Stag. Ive had one of their lightweight Switchblock SBRs in mind, but only if Im gonna get my moneys worth.