PDA

View Full Version : Who makes the best +2 Glock 17 base pad?

ryu_sekai
08-26-11, 20:03
How are the the Pearce +2 Pads?

skyugo
08-26-11, 20:11
i've seen a few pierce base pads blow off. they don't seat quite as well as factory pads.
glock's own +2 pad would be my choice.

ryu_sekai
08-26-11, 20:15
there is no button to depress on the bottom of the pearce pads. How do you remove them?

SeaSoldier
08-26-11, 20:38
Not sure who makes the "Best" plus 2 floor plate but I have yet to have any problems with the Glock OEM plus 2 parts myself. Most of my G19 mags wear these parts. Not for the extra rounds but for the extra length. I find that I don't fumble my reloads with them installed.

brushy bill
08-26-11, 21:01
Are the factory +2 reliable with the standard length spring? I've always remained with the standard capacity. Sort of see this like adding the 8th round to Wilson Mags and expecting the same reliablility of the 7 rd mags with thicker spring.

SeaSoldier
08-26-11, 21:52
Yes they use the standard spring. Again, I have had no issues with mine during several high round count courses.

MadcapMagician
08-26-11, 21:55
There is a spring with an extra coil for the +2 extensions. I have them on a few G17 mags and they work great. I like having a 19rd reload or two on the belt.

nickdrak
08-26-11, 22:05
I am a big fan of the Arredondo may extensions/extra power springs: http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=25346/Product/EXTENDED_BASE_PAD_for_GLOCK_reg_

rathos
08-26-11, 22:06
I have never seen a reliable and STURDY +2 extension. If it is just for range use the pearce ones work ok. I get sick of spending 2 hours searching for mag parts and bullets after a foot pursuit because Johnny Tactical needed 19 rounds in his mag and you can't leave bullets in the street..

Crow Hunter
08-26-11, 22:08
Are the factory +2 reliable with the standard length spring? I've always remained with the standard capacity. Sort of see this like adding the 8th round to Wilson Mags and expecting the same reliablility of the 7 rd mags with thicker spring.

"Not as."

According to my Glock armorer's course last on 8/16.

The way to check your spring is to pull the base plate off and you should see 2 coils minimum visible above the mag body. If you don't, replace the spring.

The +2 base pad is acting like you are losing a coil of spring and if you spring is already borderline to being bad, it could be enough to cause malfunctions.

Magic_Salad0892
08-26-11, 22:12
Glock Factory, or Arredondo.

If you're looking for grip extension, without an increase in magazine capacity (like I prefer on a Glock 19) then look to Pierce.

Wolff makes an XP spring for extended magazines.

Dave-HuldraArms
08-26-11, 22:21
+1 to the Arredondo's

They also make a plus 4 extension that is about the same size as many plus 2's, versus the larger +6 Arredondo extensions that most people are familiar with.

http://www.arredondoaccessories.com/category.cfm?cid=1001,2015&PID=fc25l4901abavl&GID=

I have used both types in several classes, training, and duty use and have not any break yet. They run well, and Ralph is a great guy.

Dave

skyugo
08-27-11, 01:34
Glock Factory, or Arredondo.

If you're looking for grip extension, without an increase in magazine capacity (like I prefer on a Glock 19) then look to Pierce.

Wolff makes an XP spring for extended magazines.

gen 2 19 or did ya file the finger grooves off? I'd actually like to see a pic of yours setup, i've got a few friends who complain of the "tight" grip on the 19.
thanks.

Magic_Salad0892
08-27-11, 06:39
gen 2 19 or did ya file the finger grooves off? I'd actually like to see a pic of yours setup, i've got a few friends who complain of the "tight" grip on the 19.
thanks.

Gen4 G19. I sanded the grooves off.

Sorry man, no pics. I don't own a camera, and me and the girlfriend have had the same phones since like 2009.

CAVDOC
08-27-11, 10:20
I live in NY and we are stuck with pre-ban full cap mags- my glock mags are the older nfml type and even though the +2 bases I have for a few mags were supposed to be designed for that type mag, I've had a couple destruct and pop off on me. never had a problem with the flat standard bases, so I "make do" with 15 rounds.

FailureDrill-P099
08-27-11, 10:25
I like the OEM Glock ones

aflin
08-27-11, 12:51
+1 to the Arredondo's

these would be first choice, no question

brushy bill
08-27-11, 16:49
"Not as."

According to my Glock armorer's course last on 8/16.

The way to check your spring is to pull the base plate off and you should see 2 coils minimum visible above the mag body. If you don't, replace the spring.

The +2 base pad is acting like you are losing a coil of spring and if you spring is already borderline to being bad, it could be enough to cause malfunctions.

Thanks Crow Hunter. This is what I anticipated. Will stick with standard mags rather than sacrifice capacity for reliability.