PDA

View Full Version : NEW UPPER OR GUN

newguy
08-26-11, 20:43
undecided between a spikes/BCM and LMT upper or a complete

colt 6920
please give feedback on upprers.

since I will also be building a new lower as well.

if i go with colt it will be a complete gun.

your input is greatly appreciated

JR TACTICAL
08-26-11, 20:50
I dont think you could go wrong with a 6920. I understand your delima but I would say 6920 all the way it a great KISS rifle and will aid in your ability to do some training and right now you can find them for under 1K. just my opinion

seb5
08-26-11, 20:53
I would hesitate to put Spikes on par with BCM or LMT. The Colt 6920 is still the gold standard for a carbine.

philipeggo
08-26-11, 21:10
Im kinda in the same boat man . I want a spikes LW upper myself . I have often thought about buying another carbine but since i already have one buying essentially the same thing even though its a colt makes no sense to me . In the end buy whichever you want more. Do you already have a rifle or is this your first ?

undecided between a spikes/BCM and LMT upper or a complete colt 6920
please give feedback on upprers.

since I will also be building a new lower as well.

if i go with colt it will be a complete gun.

your input is greatly appreciated

GermanSynergy
08-26-11, 21:11
Colt SP6920's can be had today for $1064, shipped to your FFL.

There is no better time to buy a new Colt carbine. No excuse to not own one. :D

Odie Dozer
08-26-11, 21:18
Price everything out the way you want it then compare it to the price of doing the same to the colt. I like mid-lengths so personally I'd go with BCM. But thats what I'd do, and I'm not you.

fdxpilot
08-26-11, 22:32
Colt SP6920's can be had today for $1064, shipped to your FFL.

There is no better time to buy a new Colt carbine. No excuse to not own one. :D

I just got one for $1009 shipped. Picked it up this morning.

FailureDrill-P099
08-27-11, 08:57
With the Colt's being 1000 or under I would go with Colt. A complete matching rifle is always a plus. Also with the Colt you will get a mil spec cleaning kit with bore brushes and rod, side sling mount and rear sight. You will have to buy this with the others.

RGoose
08-27-11, 09:03
With the Colt's being 1000 or under I would go with Colt. A complete matching rifle is always a plus. Also with the Colt you will get a mil spec cleaning kit with bore brushes and rod, side sling mount and rear sight. You will have to buy this with the others.

While BCM and LMT are top notch, you simply cannot beat a complete Colt 6920. I have no experience with Spikes and can't really comment on that directly.

shua713
08-27-11, 09:04
where is the best place to get one of these colts online?

Failure2Stop
08-27-11, 09:29
The 6920 is the gold standard for a rifle with a 16" barrel, carbine length gas system, and standard furniture. If you want to deviate from that recipe I would recommed other options.

The 6920 is very good, for what it is, but it is also limited and requires the expenditure of additional funds to give it what others already come with (not counting the $20 cleaning kit).

Hunter Rose
08-27-11, 09:34
where is the best place to get one of these colts online?

http://dsgarms.com/ProductInfo/CO6920.aspx

$995. Free shipping too until the end of August.

pcardinal42
08-27-11, 11:28
I know Colt and BCM have a great reputation and long history especially Colt but hasn't Spikes brought their game up a lot. If I remember right according to the new chart they are doing everything hpt/mpi testing and all other things mil-spec. I have not seen an updated bolt picture for staking but if they are finally doing everything right Spikes is pretty competitive when looking at price.