PDA

View Full Version : Tango Down Stubby Markings

usmcvet
08-27-11, 10:38
Hey looking for some help here. I sold this on EE a few days ago. The buyer asked if it was real because his other Tango Down Stubby has Tango Down on it. I bought it here on the EE w/o new packaging. I wanted to check in with those that may have one and could look at theirs for markings. I know companies change things over time. DD for example now marks their BCG's. Thanks in advance.

http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/ab160/usmcvet0331/Snapbucket/32a08dc7-00b0-43de-a5ab-07fbee1a8c6b.jpg

SeriousBRD
08-27-11, 10:45
My stubbies have the TD web address on them and have no pressure switch cutout. Maybe that was a standard size cut down?

usmcvet
08-27-11, 10:49
My stubbies have the TD web address on them and have no pressure switch cutout. Maybe that was a standard size cut down?

Thanks, just got your screen name and like it!

That could explain why I could never unscrew the freaking bottom cap, it could be epoxied on! Looking at their website they have shots with and w/o their name and info on it. This could just be a shot of both sides.

http://tangodown.com/shop/popup_image.php?pID=58

usmcvet
08-27-11, 10:52
So this is actually a pr-ban rare factory pre-production TD Stubby! :D

militarymoron
08-27-11, 11:07
it's legit - the first versions of the K (also called the "Stubby") were cut down BGV-MK46 grips with the compartment cap glued onto the end, made at the request of certain users who wanted a shorter vertical grip. there are no markings on it because they were on the bottom end which was cut off. i have one exactly like your picture.

ICE1811
08-27-11, 11:15
First class seller...

Thanks for the input gents...

usmcvet
08-27-11, 11:15
it's legit - the first versions of the K (also called the "Stubby") were cut down BGV-MK46 grips with the compartment cap glued onto the end, made at the request of certain users who wanted a shorter vertical grip. there are no markings on it because they were on the bottom end which was cut off. i have one exactly like your picture.

Excellent thank you for the info. I had offered to buy it back. Looks like we are good to go. This place Rocks. I knew I would get good I to here.

usmcvet
08-27-11, 11:17
Thanks ICE. I was about to PM you. Looks like you got the word already.