PDA

View Full Version : New Colt MT6400r - Questions

ejewels
08-27-11, 11:36
Hey guys, new gun... but been on the forum before.

I live in a ban state, so I'm required to get the MT line of the Colt. Is my MT6400r the same as the LE6940 / SP6940 besides the ban features and rollmarks? Does it still have the M16 BC, M4 feedramps and mil-spec features? I've searched around and the info varies, some seem to say its the same and some say the MT line doesn't use mil-spec parts. I figured I'd ask the experts here!

Anyways, lovin the gun so far, any help much appreciated!

devicemanager
08-27-11, 13:07
This may answer some of your questions.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showpost.php?p=899189&postcount=13

warpigM-4
08-27-11, 13:49
the ones I have seen, it had it all with the added ban features and that is the only differences with the Roll Mark.

I Bought a MT Line Lower For My M4 Build because I did not like the LEO only stamp on the Magwell .I am glad to see the New sporter Line has standard FCG Holes and No LEO Markings.

ejewels
08-27-11, 15:23
thanks guys. I had a MT6400c last year that I had to sell, and now got the MT6400r. I'm not sure if it matters, but the "c" had an olive drab colored bolt carrier and this new 6400r is painted black but identical. It also has the letter "C" stamped on it. Don't know if that helps.

duece71
08-27-11, 20:50
Mine had the MB and a fixed collapsable stock. When I bought it, the stock had been switched with a RRA collapsable that actually worked. It was a commercial reciever extention. I swapped out the com receiver extention for a mil extention. I still use the "half moon" BCG, no problems with it.