PDA

View Full Version : Check your cell phone bills...

Belmont31R
08-27-11, 21:08
A bit embarassing but Im happy it turned out ok.

Went to pay the bill today, and noticed it was abnormally high. Between our two lines we went over our text message limit. No big deal...but as I was digging around noticed a section for media downloads of 9.99. Says to find out exactly what it is I had to go to the full bill which is like 8 pages long. Took me 15 minutes of searching to find it, and for the last 17 months (as far back as I can go on my account page) Ive been getting dinged for 9.99 a month from a place called Flycell Downloads. Never signed up for this, and after talking to ATT they said its a common scam where they will send you a text, and if you don't reply back opting out of the service they take that as you signing up. How the **** is that legal?

Anyways ATT was very good about it, and within 10 minutes gave me a 175 dollar credit to my account. Even if you do not have any fraudulent charges to your bill ATT put our lines on a charge block with a pin so from here on out anything like this will be auto blocked.

Also noticed between our two lines we pay about 15 dollars a month in gov taxes and fees. Almost $200 a year in taxes on two phones....:mad: Worse than the scammers. Remember that when someone tells you that when income taxes are lower than ever.

chadbag
08-30-11, 13:18
Went to pay the bill today, and noticed it was abnormally high. Between our two lines we went over our text message limit. No big deal...but as I was digging around noticed a section for media downloads of 9.99. Says to find out exactly what it is I had to go to the full bill which is like 8 pages long. Took me 15 minutes of searching to find it, and for the last 17 months (as far back as I can go on my account page) Ive been getting dinged for 9.99 a month from a place called Flycell Downloads. Never signed up for this, and after talking to ATT they said its a common scam where they will send you a text, and if you don't reply back opting out of the service they take that as you signing up. How the **** is that legal?

It probably isn't legal but no one is slapping their pee pee for it.

The same thing happened to my sister who is on my family account. I called and AT&T immediately gave all the money back etc just like happened with you.

Chad

warpigM-4
08-30-11, 18:08
I get Texts Like that from Credit card companies and Music download ,Lucky for me I hit the" stop" reply that Ops Me out .
But you are right The Government fees Are some of the Worst ever .I see all these Goofy ads on TV and Wonder Do people really know what they are signing up for?

It is Outstanding that the Phone Company Gave you credit .I believe You can set your Account where it will not receive Text from Unknown Numbers

eternal24k
08-30-11, 19:07
crap, i just paid a bill that was kinda high... I just assumed my gf racked up the charges again

eTA: thanks for the heads up

Honu
08-30-11, 22:19
turn off texting :)