PDA

View Full Version : opticsplanet,inc

fyrelt
11-07-07, 08:59
has any one ordered any thing from this place,good or bad company to do busness with.

MX5
11-07-07, 09:08
I've ordered and received from them. Good prices - no problems here.

Shihan
11-07-07, 09:51
Some of the dealers who pay for this site to run, are advertisers or even those who contribute would be better to ask about on this site.

czydj
11-07-07, 11:06
Opticsplanet was able to provide a few things for me at the lowest prices I could find. I haven't been quite so lucky on other stuff I've tried to order. It looks like a lot of stuff they advertise is either out of stock, weeks away, or they try and get you into another item that is in stock. Borders on bait and switch, IMHO... I've found another site associated with the same Northbrook, IL address opticsplanet uses, selling the same or nearly the same stuff - tacticalstore.com. I'm thinking they are a churn and turn middleman. Nothing more.

I'm back to more reliable web-based stores with a brick and mortar establishment behind them, even if I have to pay a few points more... Support after the sale to me is more important than the absolute lowest purchase price I can find.

fyrelt
11-07-07, 12:08
shihan you are right i should have looked at the dealers on this web side first,i did and found who has what i want at the same price,they will get my business.i am truly sorry .

h8mtv
11-07-07, 20:30
I placed an order with them for a digital camera. Had no issues. Most large distributors do some level of business as a middle man only. I certainly try to do as much business with supporters of the sites I enjoy as I can though.