PDA

View Full Version : MIAD Components

ST911
11-07-07, 09:58
Are the components to the MIAD available individually anywhere? I want some more MIADs, but I have need of only the grip, A1 front strap, large back strap, and battery core. Everything else just ends up in the junk box. (Anybody want to buy the other inserts?)

Getting the grip bases and hardware themselves would be handy, then I could at least use the other inserts for users they'd fit.

rob_s
11-07-07, 10:07
Man, I'm with you!

The modularity is fine and all, but once you've settled on the configuration you like it sure would be nice to only buy the parts you actually want. I like the flat frontstrap, the largest rear, and the Magpul triggerguard (although I wish they made the integral triggerguard with the flat front and not with the single shelf).

ST911
11-07-07, 10:58
(although I wish they made the integral triggerguard with the flat front and not with the single shelf).

I'm averse to pretty much any grip with a shelf or finger groove, as none seem to fit my hands.

Curiously, they seem to fit no ones hands. :confused:

rob_s
11-07-07, 11:10
I'm averse to pretty much any grip with a shelf or finger groove, as none seem to fit my hands.

That's been my experience as well. When you really get into shooting and moving, shooting on the move, shooting from various positions, etc., all those grooves do is wear on your hands/fingers in strange ways.

markm
11-07-07, 11:30
I tried my MIAD originally without the finger groove...

I couldn't stand it! My hand is used to having the bump their for orientation of hand position or something, but it drove me nuts. I ended up installing the groove front piece. I like it now.

Rmplstlskn
11-07-07, 16:51

Fits mine nicely... :cool:

Rmpl

Dport
11-07-07, 21:41
Man, I'm with you!

The modularity is fine and all, but once you've settled on the configuration you like it sure would be nice to only buy the parts you actually want. I like the flat frontstrap, the largest rear, and the Magpul triggerguard (although I wish they made the integral triggerguard with the flat front and not with the single shelf).

I agree with everything here. Except I like the smallest rear.

Shihan
11-08-07, 00:06
I agree with everything here. Except I like the smallest rear.

I like them with a little Junk in the Trunk myself:D

Armati
11-10-07, 10:01
Try Ebay. Trust me, I have the same problem.

I suspect that their is not a lot of money in manufacturing, stocking, and selling individual small parts.

I have just resigned to put all of the extra parts into my parts box for other builds and buy/sell/trade. Fortunately, I know enough home builders that we can do a swap meet from time to time.

ST911
11-10-07, 11:01
Ressponse from Magpul follows:

Thank you for contacting us. Unfortunately, we do not sell piece components to the MIAD grip kit since we cannot guarantee full compatibility of the modular parts across generations of the product. (i.e. a later generation body may not be fully compatible with older front and back straps). My best recommendation at this time is to order a new kit. Agency sales of a particular grip configuration may be possible depending on the quantity of grips and the desired configuration. Also in case it applies, please advise us if you have a first generation grip with a flat-head mounting screw (vs. current pan head screw). If there is anything else I can do for you, please feel free to contact me.If there is anything else I can do for you please feel free to contact me.

supertac
11-11-07, 01:02
I now have 3 sets of extra parts. One in black, OD, and FDE. I used the enhanced trigger parts and the 2nd largest backstraps...the rest just gathers dust.

Lets put all our crap together and sell it!

rob_s
11-11-07, 07:07
Lets put all our crap together and sell it!

If Magpul at least just sold the cores, we could at least set up an online swap section to trade out front and back straps. :D

ST911
11-11-07, 09:29
If Magpul at least just sold the cores, we could at least set up an online swap section to trade out front and back straps. :D

Yep. How about a run of grip bodies for the faithful here at M4C?