PDA

View Full Version : X-Concealment holsters

Long Tom Coffin
08-28-11, 21:53
Anybody got any experience with these?

This is the one I was looking at: Model C (http://www.flccw.com/X-Concealment/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=66&products_id=190&zenid=b0c3feec5086e7af4803bf05a0a726b3)

I've been contemplating getting it for a little while. I like the compact size of it, and it doesn't appear to be as bulky as the modular/"RCS style" holsters that everyone seems to be putting out these days. The back is apparently made of .06 kydex so I'm curious as to how it will hold up after repeated practice draws. If no one else has one, I have it on order and I'll post some more about it when I get it.

JohnnyC
08-29-11, 03:52
Aside from the aesthetics which I think are just goofy, I don't like that the attachment method is part of the holster body. That stuff breaks, with an RCS/similar you can just swap the loops, this puts you completely out of action.

vigilant2
08-29-11, 04:10
Interesting, please let us know when you get it. I rather like the aesthetics, minimal,clean look. Price isn't bad either. Tagged.

Sry0fcr
08-29-11, 07:36
Interesting. Whats with the goofy molded in "stitches"?

Long Tom Coffin
08-29-11, 08:46
Aside from the aesthetics which I think are just goofy, I don't like that the attachment method is part of the holster body. That stuff breaks, with an RCS/similar you can just swap the loops, this puts you completely out of action.

Well, from the aesthetics standpoint, I kind of like it. Aesthetics are entirely subjective, though. I've talked to as many people who like it, who don't.

On to the bigger topic of durability:

I'm about as concerned as about one of the belt slots breaking as I am concerned about an RCS phantom body breaking. I've seen those modular holster bodies crack about as frequently as I've seen the kydex belt loops crack. It's easy enough to say "that stuff breaks", but the fact of the matter is, kydex will break, period. All gear breaks, it will happen eventually; how long it lasts before that point is what concerns me. Considering the belt slots on this are made of joint molded .093" and .06" kydex sheets, I'm not terribly apprehensive about problems with long term durability. The belt slots won't be flexing as much as, say, the molded kydex clip on some types of AIWB holster (like Dale Fricke's stuff, for example), so in theory they should be lasting longer.

That said, I'm not terribly abusive with my gear; I'm an accountant, for ****s sake. I ride a desk most of the day and my usual mode of carry is IWB in a comp-tac MTAC (which I love). By way of example, I have had both my MTAC and my RCS phantom for ALONG TIME. I am still on the original clips/belt loops for both. This is a new production holster whose design and aesthetics intrigue me, so I want to give it a look, nothing more, nothing less. If it breaks in six months, well it was a $50 kydex holster, not a $150+ Alessi, Rosen, or Milt Sparks. I don't think I'll lose any sleep over it.

Long Tom Coffin
08-29-11, 08:49
Interesting. Whats with the goofy molded in "stitches"?

From my understanding they were a design in imitation of the stitching on some leather holsters. I kind of like it, actually. It's kind of sad, really; I'm notoriously uncaring about the appearance of my guns, as long as they function, but sometimes I can be downright picky about the appearance of my holsters. That is retarded in and of itself considering I almost never open carry, so people see my holsters about as much as they see my guns.:fie:

ImBroke
08-29-11, 09:11
I too am interested in this holster for OWB of a G26 under a t shirt. The longer butted Glocks stick out too far on my pear shaped mid section (which I'm working on reducing). The Glock sport holster requires a longer slide to lever the butt of the gun into the body; the G26 just flops away from the body.

Long Tom Coffin
08-29-11, 09:45
I ordered the holster ~6:00 PM CST Saturday night. I just received an email in my inbox from the seller at 9:29 AM CST that my holster has shipped via USPS Priority as of this morning and should be here in 2-3 business days, probably 2.

Old boy is fast. Damn!

There's also a promotion on his website where if you write a review of his products, you receive a $20 gift certificate towards future purchases. Looks like the proprietor is looking to get his market share through CS. Very nice.

arrigoni
08-29-11, 09:46
I have one of these for my G19.

It's not a bad holster. It holds the gun tight to my body. The draw is quick and retention is good.

My only problem is that my new Saddleback Leather belt is too thick for the slots so if I want to use this holster I have to use a thinner belt like a Wilderness or Milt Sparks. I also have found this is a problem with my Blade-Tech SRB as well, so it's not like the X-Concealment loops are abnormally small.

Long Tom Coffin
08-29-11, 10:17
I have one of these for my G19.

It's not a bad holster. It holds the gun tight to my body. The draw is quick and retention is good.

My only problem is that my new Saddleback Leather belt is too thick for the slots so if I want to use this holster I have to use a thinner belt like a Wilderness or Milt Sparks. I also have found this is a problem with my Blade-Tech SRB as well, so it's not like the X-Concealment loops are abnormally small.

Good. I generally only wear Wilderness belts unless business meetings dictate otherwise, so I shouldn't have any problems there.

wahoo95
08-29-11, 10:59
Cool, glad to see he finally got his website up and running. I saw these holsters on ebay quite some time ago and tried to contact him then but was unable to reach him. I actually like the design.

JHC
08-29-11, 12:49
Anybody got any experience with these?

This is the one I was looking at: Model C (http://www.flccw.com/X-Concealment/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=66&products_id=190&zenid=b0c3feec5086e7af4803bf05a0a726b3)

I've been contemplating getting it for a little while. I like the compact size of it, and it doesn't appear to be as bulky as the modular/"RCS style" holsters that everyone seems to be putting out these days. The back is apparently made of .06 kydex so I'm curious as to how it will hold up after repeated practice draws. If no one else has one, I have it on order and I'll post some more about it when I get it.

I like the looks and price of these a lot. I haven't considered OWB for many many years but I may have to try one of these out.

wahoo95
08-29-11, 12:54
Anyone have contact info for the company? Couldnt find an email address or phone number on the website.

nobody knows
08-29-11, 13:25
Looks good for the price that's for sure, no wait,low price and fast shopping. Im going to pick one up to try out while I wait to get my rcs. right now I only have one kydex holster, and It's a pain to switch back and forth from iwb to owb. It's also set up for a tlr-1s so there is unnecessary bulk wen needing a pistol without a lite.

Long Tom Coffin
08-29-11, 18:51
Anyone have contact info for the company? Couldnt find an email address or phone number on the website.

Email: FLCCWTraining@aol.com

Phone: 954.304.5100

That's from the CCW training section of his site.

Ranger325
08-30-11, 09:18
FWIW, I bought their “M” modular holster and double mag pouch a few weeks ago when I got my G34. I emailed some questions to Shin about the models, colors, etc. and he was very helpful and responded quickly. Once I placed the order, shipping was incredibly fast. I’ve had a couple a range sessions using it and I’m very satisfied, great pistol and mag retention, rides nice and close to the body, quality construction all around.

Just my 2 cents………………………………………

The email I used was: Contact@X-Concealment.com

masakari
08-30-11, 09:39
I like that alot! Great idea... I might get some if he made them for any firearm that I owned! Very small selection.

Long Tom Coffin
08-30-11, 10:54
I like that alot! Great idea... I might get some if he made them for any firearm that I owned! Very small selection.

Give him time on that. He just got his permanent website up and running not too long ago.

Long Tom Coffin
08-31-11, 22:15
Just got it today. It's very nice. It is smaller and a quarter of the price of some of my custom leather rigs, but in some respects it is way better. It holds the pistol tighter to my body than any other OWB holster I have, takes up very little space on the belt line, provides an optimal cant, and gives great retention will still offering an easy draw. The cant isn't quite 15 degrees, I'd have to break out the protractor to measure it exactly, but whatever it is it gives the perfect angle for a smooth, lightning fast drawstroke from just behind strong side.

Now we will test durability, which will take another couple of months. If it holds up like I hope it will through all the torture I'm going to put it through, we will have a definite winner.

wahoo95
09-01-11, 04:44
I have been chatting with the guy and it looks like he has plans to introduce that style of holster for 1911 Compact next month and the M&P Series the month after. Turn around time on the M line of holsters is currently sitting at 3 days. I am considering ordering one of them and one of the Praetor Defense holsters for review.

arrigoni
09-01-11, 09:30
I have been chatting with the guy and it looks like he has plans to introduce that style of holster for 1911 Compact next month and the M&P Series the month after. Turn around time on the M line of holsters is currently sitting at 3 days. I am considering ordering one of them and one of the Praetor Defense holsters for review.

I had one of the Praetor holsters. It's nice but *I* had a hard time getting it into a position where the butt of the gun wasn't sticking out all the time.

wahoo95
10-11-11, 13:35
New website is up

http://www.flccw.com/

Long Tom Coffin
10-12-11, 00:42
I like the looks and price of these a lot. I haven't considered OWB for many many years but I may have to try one of these out.
UPDATE:

I've had mine since very early september and I have worn it every day since without fail.

I love it. Easily the best kydex OWB I have, and maybe even the best OWB I have, period.

nickdrak
10-12-11, 01:32
I recently ordered & received one of the X-Concealment double Glock magazine pouches. So far it has been excellent. Perfect retention, and it feels very durable.

Long Tom Coffin
10-12-11, 09:55
I recently ordered & received one of the X-Concealment double Glock magazine pouches. So far it has been excellent. Perfect retention, and it feels very durable.

I'm going to be ordering one of those shortly as well. I wanted to give the holster a decent run first so I could get a handle on its durability and the maker's construction methods before I started investing in anything else. To say I am pleased with the holster and how sturdy it is is an understatement. I'll be going to Shin for all my kydex holster needs, now.

EzGoingKev
07-14-12, 12:13
Any updates on the quality of these

I am looking at buying a set of their soft loops as they seem to be the only one a Google search came back with that fits a 2" belt.

azeriosu85
07-14-12, 16:34
Revived it eh?? lol they are VERY good quality, i have owned 3 of their holsters, all great kit, FAST shipping and great price...

FlyingHunter
07-14-12, 19:07
X-Concealment is favorite holster is my choice for every day carry of a Glock 19. I bought a boatload of holsters, some quite expensive but none carry better, retain the gun, conceal, than my X-Concealment. GTG!