PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to M4C/Intro Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Germanfritze
11-07-07, 11:23
Hello from a Newbe from Germany on that Forum!
Really new on ARs and wanting to learn all about that topic!!!!

cdvanns
11-07-07, 18:17
A long distance Howdy and Welcome to ya!

9x19
11-07-07, 20:19
Wilkommen! :)

USMCguysak47
12-08-07, 18:08
Hi all just stoping by to say hi and will be checking the site out. Im working on building my first AR and Im sure I will be asking a lot of info.

MT Predator
12-12-07, 19:54
I guess I should have said hey before posting a couple of pics previously. I see a lot of familar names on here from LF. Great site!

C4IGrant
12-13-07, 13:04
I guess I should have said hey before posting a couple of pics previously. I see a lot of familar names on here from LF. Great site!

Welcome!

C4

MaxLoad
12-20-07, 23:04
Another new guy here. I'm gettin' ready to snatch an AR, so I hope I can lean on some of you guys for advice and direction. I guess I'll figure out where to ask questions so for now, just howdy!

doorkicker
12-21-07, 13:34
I recognize a lot of screenames here from a handful of other forums :p

Just another M4'gery/NFA junky signing in :D

vinesr6
12-21-07, 21:14
Welcome DK, my Hide handle is "MP" but pretty much "vinesr6" everywhere.

MPI
12-22-07, 20:51
howdy, looks like a right nice place.

RanRan
12-28-07, 15:15
Hey everyone,

I just wanted to pop in and introduce myself, I am new to this forum. I have been a lurker for almost a year now. I love the site and all the great information on it. I bought my first ar15 from Grant at G&R in February last year. I am a fireman by trade and enjoy all aspects of shooting. I am glad to be a member here, and hope that I can be a productive member of this great site.

Thanks,
Randy

9x19
12-28-07, 17:30
Welcome to the board. Glad to hear that you are happy with us. :)

TheWarHound
12-29-07, 09:02
Howdy y'all!

I am so glad I found a forum dedicated to one of my favorite firearms: the Ar15/M4 series of weapons.

I am in SE KY, teach chemistry, prior service combat medic, and have loved firearms since my first Daisy BB gun, and I am glad to be here.

Thanks,

Steve

C4IGrant
12-29-07, 12:54
Howdy y'all!

I am so glad I found a forum dedicated to one of my favorite firearms: the Ar15/M4 series of weapons.

I am in SE KY, teach chemistry, prior service combat medic, and have loved firearms since my first Daisy BB gun, and I am glad to be here.

Thanks,

Steve

Welcome Steve!

C4

tiger seven
12-29-07, 13:36
Welcome from Louisville!

Derek

TheWarHound
12-29-07, 14:00
Great to be here.

Changed my avatar . . . didn't know someone already had it. Mea culpa.

Steve

sterling99
01-09-08, 10:42
Guys I should have done this before. Been lurking for a bit.

Soon to be South Florida Resident checking in.

Great place you guys have here and lots of great info. Happy to be on-board.

Strapped
01-11-08, 23:09
Just letting you guys know im the new guy on the street and i like the site alot.Glad to to be affiliated!:D Look forward to chatting.

Jay Cunningham
01-12-08, 10:13
Welcome to M4C. You will learn a lot here, as I do every day.

LOKNLOD
01-12-08, 11:08
Welcome aboard!

cavgun
01-21-08, 21:18
Hello. Just got account activation and wanted to give an intro. I've been lurking and reading site and learned quite a bit in a short time. I'm prior service armor and got rid of my weapons when I had kids. They are old and so am I. My intended goals are to get back into shooting sports and home defense at the same time. I read THE CHART, and "the best optics for you " post. I basically want a quick drawing, CQB weapon as simple as makes sense. I'm probably not a candidate for expensive optics, but a lo-light site with good FOV that helps me find center of mass easily will work. I am checking my laws in CT to see how short an upper I can use, and am contacting local dealers for their input. I'm trying to get as close to a pistol as I can while enjoying the rifle capabilities. I'll continue to read and search, and try not to ask too many dumb questions. I know this process is not toy buying, and an M4 may not be my weapon in the end, but it's the only platform I have any experience with, so I'm going with what I'm comfortable with. Great site , bright folks, hope to learn a lot and maybe contribute in my own way. TIA,

Sean

C4IGrant
01-22-08, 09:33
Hello. Just got account activation and wanted to give an intro. I've been lurking and reading site and learned quite a bit in a short time. I'm prior service armor and got rid of my weapons when I had kids. They are old and so am I. My intended goals are to get back into shooting sports and home defense at the same time. I read THE CHART, and "the best optics for you " post. I basically want a quick drawing, CQB weapon as simple as makes sense. I'm probably not a candidate for expensive optics, but a lo-light site with good FOV that helps me find center of mass easily will work. I am checking my laws in CT to see how short an upper I can use, and am contacting local dealers for their input. I'm trying to get as close to a pistol as I can while enjoying the rifle capabilities. I'll continue to read and search, and try not to ask too many dumb questions. I know this process is not toy buying, and an M4 may not be my weapon in the end, but it's the only platform I have any experience with, so I'm going with what I'm comfortable with. Great site , bright folks, hope to learn a lot and maybe contribute in my own way. TIA,

Sean

Welcome!

C4

Safetyhit
01-22-08, 18:16
Gladly take a moment to say hello and welcome.

cavgun
01-22-08, 19:29
I just returned from a dealers place and he gave me the scoop on CT laws. What the hell happened to the Constitution!!?? I have been out of the loop, so I was shocked at what I could and could not own. No folding or collapsible stocks, anything under 16" requires paperwork, magazine limitations, WTF? It's easier for me to get a CCP for a pistol than to get carbine with a 11" barrel and collapsing stock! As a matter of fact, I can buy a pistol with no CCP and as long as it stays in my house they can't do a thing about it. I was pissed at stuff before but now I'm outraged! I wonder if I go to Indiana, and get what I want and then ...Blue helmets and Crown Vics in the driveway I don't need. Now I have an issue to check candidates against. As a law abiding citizen I should be able to purchase whatever I want. I know you guys have been fighting this battle while I slept for the last 15 yrs, but what recourse do we/I have? The fact that I have to file Gov't paperwork and provide them with a trail to my guns when the final shoe is dropped scares the shit out of me. I should not have to fear my own Gov't. And it should not fear me. I now realize more than ever how important paying attention to these issues. It's more than just owning black rifle. I thought this would be fun for me, a hobby I enjoy. But this reserch and discovery of mine has made me angry and depressed, if not feeling helpless. I may never own a gun, but I will support our rights and stay informed and participate any way I can. I'm writing the NRA a check right f-ing now. Any thing else I can do? It always gets down to politics, I just wanna live free. F-ers.

Mac19D
01-24-08, 10:21
Goodmorning! Checking in to say "hi".

K.L. Davis
01-24-08, 19:45
Garry Owen

C4IGrant
01-25-08, 08:57
Welcome!

C4

kwb377
01-25-08, 09:07
Just joined...I see alot of familiar names from various forums.

I guess I'll give the requisite bio...

Been full time LEO since 1993 with a local Municipal agency, but just got hired by a State agency. Was on my dept.'s SWAT team for 10 years until this last summer (assaulter/sniper team leader). Also a firearms and patrol rifle/subgun instructor and attended Colt's M16 armorer course. Also rode Motor's for 4 years and was an FTO for 6 years. Looking forward to my new assignment as an Enforcement Agent for my State's Alcoholic Beverage Control Board (sure beats night shift patrol :D ).

I haven't been able to put as many rounds downrange in the last 6 months or so as I used to, and I can definitely tell I'm geting rusty...hopefully that'll change soon.

Hopefully I can contribute some info here and learn alot more.

Thanks!
Kevin

Army Chief
01-25-08, 09:21
Everybody's got to get that first post out of the way, and yours looks like a winner. :)

Welcome!

Chief

C4IGrant
01-25-08, 15:07
Welcome!

C4

M4arc
01-25-08, 16:02
Welcome!

M4arc
01-25-08, 16:03
Sorry this is a little late but welcome!

Make yourself at home.

KWACKERB279
01-25-08, 22:33
Hello

chuck6d
01-26-08, 14:04
Hi Chuck6d here . Some of you might know me from other boards. I see a lot of familiar faces here. Former Marine 0311/8151 1988-1992. Army Infantry 1995-2006. Work for DOD as a civilian now. Here to keep up on equipment and the industry also share info when I can. Great site, look forward to being here.

kwb377
01-26-08, 15:56
Welcome from another newb here. :)

chuck6d
01-26-08, 17:24
Thanks Kev, good seeing you here as well.

Harv
01-27-08, 16:39
bout time you show up.. Welcome brother...

Chuck is Good people....;)

C4IGrant
01-27-08, 17:05
Welcome Chuck!

C4

Erick Gelhaus
01-27-08, 21:17
Hi Chuck

Gentle Ben
01-28-08, 14:04
Lurked & read here for quite awhile, but finally got around to registering. Definitely a lot of familiar virtual faces here. I've been an ARFCOM member for a long time, but I realized that anymore I mainly frequent that site for hometown forum info & the EE; I rarely go to the tech forums.

I've used black rifles a fair amount, both in the military & now as a civilian in training courses & casual range plinking As an end-user, I thought I knew quite a bit about the platform. However, the more I learn on this site, the more I'm humbled by the realization of how much I didn't know. I can pull the trigger pretty well, can strip/assemble the gun blindfolded, but as far as understanding the rifle at the molecular level & how that can really make a difference on a hard-use platform, I realized I had nary a clue.

So today I registered on the site. In an effort to move away from my former "good enough so long as it's workin' " mindset, I ordered two CMT BCG's from G&R to go in my Bushmaster and one of my CMMGs.

Anyway, a few of you know me by the username "Snail50" on other boards; I got tired of that screen name, so now I'm using the nickname I had in the service.

Jay Cunningham
01-28-08, 14:29
I think you'll feel right at home here. Welcome to M4C!

M4arc
01-28-08, 16:33
Welcome!

Please make yourself at home.

Gentle Ben
01-28-08, 20:01
thanks!

MIKE G
01-29-08, 10:09

Lumpy196
01-30-08, 15:39
Welcome brother. Enjoy the site and stay safe.

m1.shooter
02-03-08, 16:27
Hi. I've been lurking for a while and finally decided to register. This place seems to be much more subdued compared arfcom (a good thing), which I go by the name George W. I'm a frequent poster over at floridashootersnetwork.com, but that place seems to turning into a flame fest as well.

About me. I'm an Army Veteran (90-93) and a CR FFL holder. My heart and soul has always been collecting misurp, but lately the lure of the black rifle has been strong.

I'm no expert in anything, so please don't ever view anything I say an expert opinion. I look forwrd to hanging with you guys. (and gals)

Nathan_Bell
02-04-08, 14:04
Welcome.

decodeddiesel
02-08-08, 12:17
I figured I should drop a thread here to let everyone know who I am. My name is Wes, although until recently I answered to SSG. Bower. I am a recently separated US Army Vet with 9 years total service. My first "live ammo" experience was post 9/11 airport security. Remember me? I was the guy in woodland camo with the M16A2 and M9 standing behind the security check point at Denver International Airport . No? Oh well...

Most recently I survived 2 tours in Iraq with the 101st ABN as first an Artillery man, then an Infantry team leader (2003-2004). Then my second tour as an Infantry squad leader (2005-2006).

Here's a pic from my first tour:
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b200/decodeddiesel/l_a8bc67d99253c43cbdfeb10e7ccc0538.jpg

Here's one from my second tour (now my avatar):
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b200/decodeddiesel/018.jpg
(excuse the bi-pod, I had it on my weapon to feel the balance while I did some up-drills and hated it)

I left the Army in December 2006 and started the next chapter in my life as a civilian. I now work an an engineering technician for a research company that mainly does government contract work in explosives, ballistics, and electro-optics (lasers).

I recently got back into shooting as a civilian and I am loving every second of it! I purchased a 16" LMT defender in September and have about 1200 rounds through it so far!

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b200/decodeddiesel/shootingandtank12-30-07010.jpg

My next big purchase is an AAC M4-1000 to salvage what little hearing I have left.

Looking forward to hearing from everyone and learning as much as I can from this great forum!

Don Robison
02-08-08, 14:39
Welcome to the board and thanks for your service.

pearson
02-08-08, 17:14
thank you for keeping us safe. and i hope you are able to enjoy this sight as much as the rest of us do.

Bulldog1967
02-08-08, 17:17
Welcome to the board and thanks for your service.

+1 Semper Fi.

unclestevie45
02-12-08, 14:42
I recently found this site, and have learned quite a bit from it. I recently registered and it seems the local custom that I introduce myself.

I served active duty in the Marine Corps from 1985-1992. Other than my children, I am proudest of being a Marine NCO.

I have been a cop since 1998. I am currently a firearms instructor, TASER instructor and a RAD instructor.

After 9/11, I tried to get back into the Marine Corps, this time as a reservist. However, the told me I had too much broken time. The MA National Guard did take me in, and was kind enough to send me to Afghanistan for 2003. I am still in the Guard. While it isn't the Marine Corps, I have enjoyed most of my time with them.

I am a life long shooter and the resident 'gun guy' at both jobs.

Thanks for having me.

edpmedic
02-19-08, 08:49
Just wanted to introduce myself.....I am edpmedic and retired FDNY/EMS. I go by the same name at most of the other gun related sights except for 1919a4 which I am BATF666.

Has you could imagine my hobbies are guns and more guns. That's about it hope to get some good info from this site.;)

warpigM-4
02-19-08, 09:09
welcome i am new here myself, but it seems to be a great site so far.great info and always read the "GotM4" threads that guy knows what he is talking about!!

Wave
02-19-08, 09:24
Hey guys, figured I'd check in. Not really a refugee but now that I no longer moderate over at "ARFCOM" I don't feel so bad about going to other places. I see a bunch of familiar screen names here too.

For those that don't know I am a true gun nut in one of the most anti-gun police departments, in one of the most anti-gun cities on the East Coast, working for one of the biggest anti-gun mayors in the United States. Keep your friends close but your enemies closer right?;)

My next mission is to build up my posting requirements so that I can bust into the LEO section.:p

Shoot safe guys!

M4arc
02-19-08, 11:41
Wave!

It's good to see you and I hope you make yourself at home :)

Jay Cunningham
02-19-08, 12:11
Seeing more and more familiar names...

rob_s
02-19-08, 12:12
I saw the screen name and wondered "is that the same wave from...."

Now I know. Welcome.

Safetyhit
02-19-08, 12:50
This is the Holy Grail of AR sites as far as quality information. That you will see soon enough. If you post bad info here it will be weeded out extremely quickly, which is great when facts are relevant. :cool:

I am pretty sure I remember you from my days over at AR-15.com, edpmedic. Good to see you here.

Safetyhit
02-19-08, 12:52
Another belated welcome, Doc. Take care of business over there and get home safe, my friend.

Wave
02-19-08, 20:14
Thanks guys, you can blame Hawkeye for pointing this place out to me.;)

DrMark
02-19-08, 22:09
Good to see you here, Wave.

BTW, what's with the Vegas in your location?

Wave
02-19-08, 22:12
Good to see you here, Wave.

BTW, what's with the Vegas in your location?

I have a roof over my head in both locations.;)

DrMark
02-19-08, 22:15
I have a roof over my head in both locations.;)

:eek:

So that's how the other half lives!

Wave
02-19-08, 23:45
Even more familiar screen names, what's going on Marc?

C4IGrant
02-20-08, 08:46
Welcome!

C4

Pat.c
02-20-08, 12:25
Hello all I go by pat. I just found this board as I am just getting into the M4 game. I always like to learn new things and saw that this board may bring new opportunities. So howdy and see you out there.

JBone870
02-27-08, 21:45
Hey everyone, New guy here. I've been trolling here for a while and found a ton of great advice and threads. So I decided to join. I have yet to own a black rifle, but am planning to buy an LMT before the next election. Look forward to learning more about the platform.

JJ

C4IGrant
02-28-08, 08:02
Hey everyone, New guy here. I've been trolling here for a while and found a ton of great advice and threads. So I decided to join. I have yet to own a black rifle, but am planning to buy an LMT before the next election. Look forward to learning more about the platform.

JJ

Welcome!

C4

Detective_D
03-01-08, 08:30
Welcome to the board from another newbie. :D

panzerr
03-01-08, 11:16
I have yet to own a black rifle, but am planning to buy an LMT before the next election.

JJ

So am I!

I've got a buddy that buys a box of ammo every time he hears the name Obama. It's scarry to think what could happen if we got a liberal in the presidency that thought taking away gun rights was the way to solve school shootings.

Jay Cunningham
03-01-08, 11:20
So am I!

I've got a buddy that buys a box of ammo every time he hears the name Obama.

We should make a drinking game out of it.

Countyshooter
03-01-08, 19:18
We should make a drinking game out of it.

That's what I'm talkin' about!!

MarshallDodge
03-02-08, 10:10
New guy on board but not new to AR-15's. I have owned an AR in one form or another since 1984 and it's incredible how many different ways you can build one today.

I lived through the first ban and thought it would never happen. Today I think it will be much harder to ban them because they are much more popular with the current generation. Sure I think it could happen again but we really need to keep the pressure on the people that run our governments at all levels.

From what I have seen so far this seems to be a well organized forum and I hope to be a part of a good thing. :)

RedMan*
03-05-08, 22:57

Safetyhit
03-14-08, 17:26
Welcome to you, sir. :)

Safetyhit
03-14-08, 17:28
Welcome aboard RedMan. :cool:

Safetyhit
03-14-08, 17:29
Hello, Pat. Welcome to the site.

Safetyhit
03-14-08, 17:31
Thank-you for joining and for your service. Sounds like you should have some valuable knowledge to share.

NoBody
03-14-08, 17:36
Welcome aboard, Marine!

Tipsovr
03-14-08, 18:53
New to this site but not to ARs. Just thought I would say hello! Hope to learn as much from this site as I have from others. Take care!

TOrrock
03-14-08, 20:37
Lotta VA guys (and gals) here.

Welcome!

Ross
03-15-08, 11:14
Welcome, it's a good place to avoid the noise.

Wayne G.
03-15-08, 11:36
Welcome!

warpigM-4
03-15-08, 11:40
welcome:D

Gendaito
03-20-08, 00:21
I got directed here by arfcom, and I like this place a lot.

one question, I can't seem to start a thread in the Feedback section. Is it because I'm too new?

thanks!

C4IGrant
03-20-08, 10:14
I got directed here by arfcom, and I like this place a lot.

one question, I can't seem to start a thread in the Feedback section. Is it because I'm too new?

thanks!

Welcome.

I believe that you have to have 30 posts before you can use the member sales forum/feedback forum.

C4

warpigM-4
03-20-08, 10:15
welcome:)

general_purpose
03-20-08, 18:21
Welcome!:D

thebolt
03-23-08, 09:19
I have been cruising the site while waiting for my account to be validated.

This is a great site and I appreciate the privilege of membership.

Congratulations and thank you!

Jay Cunningham
03-23-08, 09:20
I have been cruising the site while waiting for my account to be validated.

This is a great site and I appreciate the privilege of membership.

Congratulations and thank you!

Welcome to M4C!

mopar
03-24-08, 19:12
Welcome I just read alot and don't post much lots of good info here!!!

AZATHOTH
03-26-08, 16:35
same here, i've been reading alot from work. sorry for not posting much...

so far lots of good info AND excellent reply's...

JSantoro
03-28-08, 20:34
Also a newly-minted member.

A Marine, as well, though I didn't figure saying so in the company of my brethren would justify bumping a 6-month old thread.

0311/0313. OIF I w/3rd LAR Bn (to Tikrit and back!), OIF 5-7.2 w/Dam Security Unit 3 (hence, Riverine). I've dropped to the IRR, but I still make my living by training Marines, and I hope that never changes

Lots of tips, tricks, and advise from this forum have made their way into both classroom and prac-app, for which I'm grateful to all who contribute.

Detective_D
03-29-08, 19:25
Welcome the site guys from another newb!!

I have been on here for a few months. I joined not knowing much at all about the black rifles and now have such a fever for it. I have learned so much so far.

doughnut
03-30-08, 16:24
Hello folks. I thought for my first post I'd introduce myself. I signed up a while back and just hadn't got around to posting much. I've really enjoyed just reading all of the great threads you folks have. Tons of info. I'm new to the AR, with my only experience with my Dept. and my own I bought recently. This community is a great place for finding answers to all my questions. I live in northeast TN and I'm employed as a LEO in southwest VA. I came across your site via sigforum.com. Thanks for such a great site and what appears to be a friendly, knowledgable group.

Matt

55Kingpin
03-30-08, 16:48
Hello folks. I thought for my first post I'd introduce myself. I signed up a while back and just hadn't got around to posting much. I've really enjoyed just reading all of the great threads you folks have. Tons of info. I'm new to the AR, with my only experience with my Dept. and my own I bought recently. This community is a great place for finding answers to all my questions. I live in northeast TN and I'm employed as a LEO in southwest VA. I came across your site via sigforum.com. Thanks for such a great site and what appears to be a friendly, knowledgable group.

Matt

Welcome aboard!

From the Abingdon/Bristol area myself. :cool:

doughnut
03-30-08, 16:59
Thanks, kingpin. It's good to know there are local members. Sounds like I work in your neck of the woods.

Scattergun
03-31-08, 22:52
I am in Blountville, between Bristol and Kingsport TN.

warpigM-4
03-31-08, 23:59
hello! welcome and Be safe out there!!!!:cool:

Staind503
04-01-08, 19:17
hi i'm new to this forum i joined about 2 weeks ago and finally decided to post. I'm from western mass i was in the marines for 4 years with one tour in iraq with 3/1 weapons co i was also stationed in rota spain for a little over two years i just bought my first pistol a few weeks ago a sig sauer p229 in 357 and in a couple weeks i'm going to buy an s&w m&p15ft

MichaelJ
04-01-08, 21:18
Whats up. Western MA here as well. PM me for a local forum (real active) ... I don't want to post it if its against the rules here.

mopar
04-01-08, 21:22
Whats up. Western MA here as well. PM me for a local forum (real active) ... I don't want to post it if its against the rules here.

Central MA here.

Highway 55
04-01-08, 21:32
Hello!

New member From MN here. I've been lurking here, ar15.com, and 68forums for the last few months. You have a great site here. Just trying to take all of the information in before I make my first AR purchase.

Now I have to sell one of my Colts to fund "the disease"...:(

Detective_D
04-03-08, 07:34
Welcome Highway!!

There is plenty of great information here and many guys that know alot about the "disease."

Severian
04-03-08, 10:53
blank

rdvance
04-06-08, 04:14
What part of E TN do you live? I live in Roan Mtn. Im also a LEO but work across the line in NW NC in a small town called Seven Devils

doughnut
04-06-08, 06:33
I'm in Bristol, work in Abingdon.

fredieusa
04-07-08, 02:35
New here -

Trying to do some builds. Already getting a lot of ideas here.

But now-a-days most shops give you what you want, to the minutest detail.
Although I have the receivers in-route, I am not sure if I will be only wasting time and also I could end up spending more when you factor in shipping etc. There are so many options, there is always something new that hits the market.

This is a great resource.

Cheers.

DANGER CLOSE
04-12-08, 01:12
while you are at it, check out calguns. its a california based forum for gun owners.

fredieusa
04-12-08, 02:22
while you are at it, check out calguns. its a california based forum for gun owners.

I just started hanging out there aswell. Thats where I found this site ...
Cheers..

ajc281509
04-16-08, 15:56
wanted to introduce myself, got wind of this place from another forum. im here to learn from everyone and hopefully i can contribute.

white spaniard
04-16-08, 16:08
Welcome I take it Ft Sam Houston in San Antonio Correct?

ThirdWatcher
04-16-08, 17:43
My youngest daughter just left Fort Sam last month to finish her M6 training at Walter Reed. She really liked San Antonio.

BTW, I almost forgot: Welcome to the forum.

ajc281509
04-16-08, 17:48
thanks guys, yea san antonio is pretty nice i grew up in houston so its not too different than home

ArmyMP
04-20-08, 21:33
Hey folks, new to this forum. I need advice on purchasing a good reliable AR for
home defense and then some. All suggestions are very welcome. Thanks.

Mate
04-21-08, 19:29
Hey folks, kept hearing about this site on other forums, so I decided to stop in. I'm nothing special, just a 19 year old kid that likes this kind of stuff. Not planning to post alot, if at all. I'm here to learn. Planning to join the Marine Corps later down the road. Thats about it. If there's any specifics that I left out/need to include, then let me know and I'll be sure to add them.

Thanks,
Mate

cody0341
04-21-08, 19:53
Planning to join the Marine Corps later down the road.
have fun man, It's a good time. I'm Just about to be done!!

maclean
04-23-08, 12:52
New to the site, looks like some good info to be had here!

Thanks for having me!

C4IGrant
04-23-08, 14:51

Thanks for having me!

Welcome!

C4

RogerinTPA
04-23-08, 15:10

Thanks for having me!

Welcome to the forum!

ike1371
04-28-08, 13:48
New to the site. I am from Washington State. I just wanted to intro myself and say hi.

UncleJohnny
05-03-08, 13:42
Hello, newbie here. I really like this site a lot. But I also frequent calguns.net, since we are limited to what we can buy for firearms......There is a lot of useful info here also. Thanks!!! -Johnny

Safetyhit
05-05-08, 12:35
Welcome aboard.

Hope that's not you with the RPG dressed as an insurgent on what appears to be a Humvee, though.

:D

UncleJohnny
05-05-08, 23:45
LOL No sir that is not me. I am 110% Infidel and proud!!:D That is actually an Iraqi police force member if I recall(they have light hmmv's also)...And If he wasnt iraqi forces, he probably is already looking for the 14 virgins hiding somewhere up there:D(Although the last I looked, they were all in private schools:confused: ) Thanks for the welcome sir!! -Johnny

Safetyhit
05-06-08, 12:42
New to the site. I am from Washington State. I just wanted to intro myself and say hi.

Hello and welcome to you, sir.

Safetyhit
05-06-08, 12:47
Welcome. :)

Your question is somewhat broad, but reasonable. Try doing a search or two, or consult "the chart".

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=6642

Anything you need after that, try the AR General Discussion forum as there is much more traffic. It's ok to ask a question that has been asked before, but you can learn a lot here by just reading first.

Good luck.

5POINT56
05-06-08, 19:48
Great sig line (you might want to check your spelling).....welcome to M4C.

tana_tallon53
05-06-08, 21:36
just got validated and now i'm here. i am a LEO in South Dakota and finally purchased my own bushmaster M4 for work. Now i am starting to customize it and i am using this site and its members for advice. i have already put on a Daniel Defense Omege 7.0 free floater on it and it is sweet. got back up sights now i just need some optics, probably Aimpoint. Just wanted to say hi and i will be here probably every day looking for new things.

C4IGrant
05-10-08, 14:10
just got validated and now i'm here. i am a LEO in South Dakota and finally purchased my own bushmaster M4 for work. Now i am starting to customize it and i am using this site and its members for advice. i have already put on a Daniel Defense Omege 7.0 free floater on it and it is sweet. got back up sights now i just need some optics, probably Aimpoint. Just wanted to say hi and i will be here probably every day looking for new things.

Welcome!

C4

Safetyhit
05-18-08, 19:47
Another welcome.

:)

Furious
05-19-08, 21:00
Just wanted to say hi.
I normally hang out down the road at that ARFCOM place with the same screen name ,but this site looks nice and calm with LOTS of helpful info. I may just make myself a regular around here.

Robb Jensen
05-19-08, 21:04
Welcome...stay awhile!

KTR03
05-28-08, 14:37
Greetings,

New here and just got my log in permissions. Been reading a lot and there is a lot of good info. My primary social rifles have long been AKs (mostly Krebs KTRs) and FALs, but I've gotten into teaching rifle classes and feel like I need to live with and master the AR systerm. It doesn't make much sense to show up in the dust of Yakima to teach a rifle course with an AK variant when all the cops, service men, and private citizens are using ARs.

I currently have a bushmaster lower with an thin barrel CMMG upper. Total package weighs about 5.5 lbs. I need to pull it apart and check out the bolt carrier... and see exactly whats what. My primary interest is to make it as reliable as I can, while keeping it simple and light.

From what I've gathered I need to make sure I've got a good bolt carrier/get a Dfender extractor and go from there. My intention is to shoot wolf polymer if it will run well.

My primary social tools are a Saiga 12 C shotgun, XDs in 45, and AKs and FALs, so if I can contribute to the collective wisdom I'm happy to. Until then, I'll be listening, learning, and trying to use the search feature so as not to ask the same old questions...

Thanks,

Damien

Seafarinman
05-30-08, 10:03
I am no resident fixture here but I am located in WA state as well. Welcome!

Safetyhit
06-11-08, 10:50
Welcome to the site.

:)

Safetyhit
06-11-08, 10:51
I normally hang out down the road at that ARFCOM place with the same screen name ,but this site looks nice and calm with LOTS of helpful info. I may just make myself a regular around here.

I used to hang out at the same place, but it is a zoo now. This is the place to learn and talk intelligently.

Warrior
06-11-08, 11:12
i think i spent a total of 2hrs over there and almost through my computer;)

TOS is the poser capitol of the internet.

Jgyolai
06-12-08, 11:21
Hope you have fun here. =)

Jgyolai
06-12-08, 11:27
Welcome to m4c. I'm from San Antonio, I've lived there my whole life. I wish I could have been stationed there, but the AF decided to give me to SD...at least the gun laws are nice out here, can't say the same thing about the weather lol. I miss the heat. =P

SavageSniper
06-12-08, 23:07
Hello all. My name is Bart. I am an avid shooter from Memphis, TN. I have been lurking this forum for a while before joining to gather as much information as I can. This past Tuesday I purchased my very first AR and am very excited about upgrading it and modifying it. I purchased a Colt 6520 (I know you will all say that I should have gotten a 6920, but let me explain) due to the fact that I really have no need for a flat-topped receiver. I have already ordered the MagPul MIAD full grip set and a few of their magazines. I have been looking around for quite a few options and directions to go with this gun, but have yet to decide on where it will end up. I do know that IF (big if) I ever decide to get a flat top, that I will just get the stripped Wilson Combat upper and go from there.

Anyways, a bit of background on my other shooting hobbies: I own a Savage 10 FCP HS with a Leupold Mark 4 and quite a few goodies and customizations (skim bedding it at the time being) that I enjoy shooting out to 600 yards with. It is a very accurate rifle (a factory freak in my opinion) that will hold 1/8 - 1/4 MOA on average. I also own a customized Remington 870 that I have only shot a few times due to not having time to take it out between projects on it.

I will hopefully have pictures of all of my kit in short order as soon as my rifle is back together and a few other things are taken care of, but I wish you all well and hope that my time spent here will be a joy.

Take care,
Bart

warpigM-4
06-13-08, 02:32
:D Outstanding welcome!

BigSam
06-20-08, 23:20
Hello from SW Ga.

Just been poking around a little. I see there's lots of info to be found here.
I hope to build AR in .45 and in an M4 config.

Sam.

CLHC
06-21-08, 01:35
Greetings BigSam! Welcome aboard M4C!

longhill72
06-22-08, 06:12
Gday all... just signed onto the forum. Had a look around & already found some answers to questions I had! There will be more though....:D

warpigM-4
06-22-08, 10:11
welcome glad you found us:D

CLHC
06-22-08, 15:14
Greetings and Welcome to M4C!

uspopo
06-22-08, 17:46
Greetings and welcome to M4C.

Stan

C4IGrant
06-23-08, 11:42
Howdy!

C4

m4fun
06-23-08, 12:53
Welcome - its an awsome site - you should enjoy!

m4fun
06-23-08, 13:17
Double post removed

longhill72
06-24-08, 05:35
Thanks all!:) Feel at home here already...

billpete
06-25-08, 04:28
Hey All,

New to the site--I cannot believe that I just found the place! Great place for information and ideas.

Hope to learn a lot and maybe even contribute a little bit; but mostly learn.

BushmasterSOH
06-25-08, 05:05
I too am a new guy and have enjoyed being overwhelmed by information here.

Jay Cunningham
06-25-08, 05:43
Welcome!

TommyGunn
06-25-08, 13:13
Hello.
This is my first post here.
I was introduced to this forum by a member who posts on EOTAC and refered me here, as I have a (dare I say it??) BUSHMASTER M4orgery:( that I had questions about. I've read enough posts here to know many people here don't have the highest regard for this brand. I have been busy lately obtaining upgrade parts (O-ring and black extractor insert, H buffer) and am wondering how best to get the castle nut staked, as well as the gas key ... which doesn't seem as bad as some photos but not as good as the properly staked photos ...
Any suggestions will be welcome. Thanks.

CLHC
06-25-08, 16:13

CLHC
06-25-08, 16:13

jl2
06-29-08, 18:22
Hello all. New member checking in to say hi and thanks. I was directed here by a fellow LEO who just loves this place. After checking out the forum, I can see why. I've been waiting to piece together a carbine and this site will certainly help me with my decisions.

CLHC
06-29-08, 18:50
Greetings and Welcome aboard the M4C!

Carlos
06-30-08, 13:58
Great deal of knowledge here. If someone doesn't have the answer, someone else will get if for you.
Regards

Farrelljt
06-30-08, 16:30
Welcome to the club. I too came here looking for some more honest answers, and experiences. It's a good place to just get lost reading old threads. Tons of info.

RyanHK21EOwner
07-02-08, 23:11
Short time lurker here on the board... HKPRO long time 4 th in command...

I appreciate the acceptence from the staff here... I'm looking forward in communicating with a handful of members here on the board...

I reside in the Pro-Gunshine State of South Florida...

Anyone else local to my area ?

warpigM-4
07-02-08, 23:19
welcome!! i am just north of you in Bama.the staff here is High Speed ,No BS just good info .once I found this site, I never go to the others anymore.this place is like CRACK :D Again welcome:cool:

CLHC
07-03-08, 00:17
Greetings and Welcome to the M4C!

rockbronco
07-08-08, 17:57
Been lurking for a while, been doing alot of reading and finally registered not too long ago. checking in from sunny AZ and figured I would make my first post here. much better site than that "other" site. I think we all know which one Im talking about. :rolleyes:

In the process of building a couple more ARs to add to my collection. the addiction never stops!!

crittergetter
07-08-08, 18:00
Hey M4C, new guy here. Just built my first and only black rifle. Looking forward to my new membership here.

tiger seven
07-08-08, 18:34
Welcome!

"First and only" huh? I've heard that before. You know these black rifles have a nasty habit of multiplying, so watch out! :)

Derek

C4IGrant
07-08-08, 20:18
Welcome.

C4

Detective_D
07-09-08, 12:36
Welcome aboard Critter.

Lots of good stuff on this site. I discover something new everyday.

Detective_D
07-09-08, 12:37
Welcome aboard.

I am glad I found this site before ever going to the other one. :D

Joe_Friday
07-10-08, 09:55
I joined in February but just decided to post. Being new to ARs in general I have been doing a lot of reading and found this to be the most knowledgeable site I have ever seen and I hope to learn a lot more. Thanks for having me.

The_War_Wagon
07-13-08, 15:57
To THIS site, anyways. :p

My M4gery of choice, is the POF415!
Here's mine.

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc305/The_War_Wagon/POF11-1.jpg

I'm always looking for ideas on how to improve my shooting enjoyment, where to find PMags & ammo at bargain prices, etc. That, and just general BS'ing and storytelling - some stories of which, are actually TRUE! ;)

Bob :D

C4IGrant
07-14-08, 13:18
Welcome!

C4

Detective_D
07-14-08, 14:02
Welcome to the site!!

~D

Evan
07-14-08, 22:53
So new, it is not even funny, but I can recognize a black rifle 3 out of 10 times, probably need a light in my gun safe.

Just admiring the JP Ent in .260, soon as I get a spare 4k I will have to have one. Really nice black rifle.

Evan

tactical450
07-15-08, 13:18
Been signed up here for a couple of months but haven't posted. Finally got around to posting something today so I figured I should drop an intro as well.
12+ yrs in USAF/Security Forces
EST/SRT/ABD background
I own a few "Been there, Done That" t-shirts but not much to brag about, other than to say when I did get to do THAT, IT sure was fun.
Married, x2 kiddos, hoping to transfer to either a HQ Staff position or go back to instructing @ RTC soon.
I am a gear whore, a man whorein remission and I like to shoot.
If you know LF, than you probably know me.
I am low on tact and often forget others have feeling that somehow get hurt over the electronic superhighway. If I hurt your feelings... either tought shit, sorry bout that or **** you lets go drink.
See ya'll on the firing lines...
TAC450

aka The Original Bob Johnson

Jay Cunningham
07-15-08, 14:22
Welcome to M4C, look forward to your future contributions.

Please note that the ROE here are a bit different than LF.

Safetyhit
07-15-08, 17:47
Please note that the ROE here are a bit different than LF.

Yes it is, and for the better. The "F**k-you let's go drink" would be better implied than spoken, if you know what I mean. ;)

Just FYI. Nice to have you on board.

Safetyhit
08-07-08, 17:39
Thanks for joining.

Welcome. :)

JWNathan
09-14-08, 18:56
I've been lurking for quite awhile so I figure I might aswell introduce myself. I live in Northern CA and have 2 AR style rifles(neutered with a fixed mag or a Monster Man grip). I'll try to post a couple pics later this evening. Thanks for the great site!
-Jesse

Okami099
09-15-08, 07:16
Welcome aboard Jesse,
Glad to have you.

Detective_D
09-15-08, 18:50
Welcome to the site JW. Glad to have ya aboard!!
~D

Abraxas
09-15-08, 19:48
I always feel so sorry for those from CA,NJ, and Mass who like AR's or firearms in general. Stupid neutering of perfectly good guns:mad:

CLHC
09-16-08, 01:47
Welcome aboard the M4C! :cool:

Abraxas
09-16-08, 05:35
I did forget, welcome.

DANGER CLOSE
09-16-08, 12:01
welcome aboard fellow kalifornistani. j/k, welcome. there is a lot of great info that i have absorbed from here. real good place they got here.

IdahoCorsair
09-16-08, 14:33
welcome!

Now move to a free state! ;)

Ventura
09-16-08, 16:11
I'm from Los Angeles. We just have to make do with what we can get here in Cali. I don't really feel any real disadvantage.

MaceWindu
09-16-08, 18:11
welcome!

Now move to a free state!

No military engagement has ever been won in retreat. Stay and fight the good fight...:)

Mace

G27gear
09-16-08, 19:28
Figure I'd put an intro post here before I start regular posting on the site.
I'm a long time member of ar15.com. (gonzatron) I don't know what kind of rep they have here, but they cover a lot of ground and served me pretty well until my server at work blocked them :mad:
I'm active duty special operations, but I don't do any door kicking these days, and that's cool with me. I like to stay trained and keep current in all things tactical though.
I've got a side business modifying BDUs and making custom gear. Most of my work in for airsofters, but the experiance has given me tons of ideas that I've incorperated into gear for personal use and stuff I make for the guys I support out here.
As far a forum related stuff; I built up my first M4gery about 7 years ago when you could still buy all kinds of good stuff on Ebay. Started with a Bushmaster XM with a ban era fixed "M-4" stock, A2 upper, and AK muzzle device. I slowly changed out everything except the lower and have a pretty decent zombie killer that gets a fresh coat of Krylon couple years.
My current love affair is with my AR-10. Not really "carbine" but "it's all pink inside"

JWNathan
09-16-08, 19:46
Well I will move, but gotta get mine and the lil' ladies job situations settled first. You are right Mace, but the laws arent the only reason I want to leave again. Thanks for the welcomes everbody, its most appreciated!
-Jesse

Abraxas
09-17-08, 05:38
I don't really feel any real disadvantage.

That doesn't mean that it doesn't exist:D

hillmillenia
09-17-08, 18:49
Welcome aboard and I'm sorry...Oh wait, I was born and raised in San Diego It was a great place to grow up in the 60's. I moved to Oklahoma...yes Oklahoma in 1990 and haven't looked back. I do look forward to a time when California's civil rights are restored!:rolleyes:

Jeffy
09-17-08, 20:00
That doesn't mean that it doesn't exist:D

I agree. If you ever spend some time outside the state you'll really see how limiting the laws are. Even when comparing CA to another blue state like Hawaii, Hawaii is more 'free'. :eek:

Oh yeah, welcome!

JWNathan
09-17-08, 20:49
Ya I lived in Phoenix for 2 years while going through Tech school, so I think I got a pretty good taste what a real free state felt like, damn I miss Arizona sometimes. Thanks.
-Jesse

sandpacker21
10-08-08, 15:25
Evertime I make a post on this forum I get an email telling me . How do I stop this? I dont want to be emailed evertime I post..... I must be overlooking something..

C4IGrant
10-08-08, 18:40
Evertime I make a post on this forum I get an email telling me . How do I stop this? I dont want to be emailed evertime I post..... I must be overlooking something..

Click in your user CP and turn it off in there.

C4

Dtrend75
11-24-08, 12:19
Hello All,
I'm a new member here and just wanted to say hello. I post on a few other forums and just recently discovered M4carbine. After scanning some of the threads i will say that i'm more than impressed with the level of knowledge here. This should be a good time. Be safe.

jcase64
11-24-08, 12:21
Welcome!

Spade
11-24-08, 12:51
welcome

carlos80178
12-02-08, 17:58
hello guy's,I'm happy to know this forum,I'm a newbie from Philippines and currently working in United Kingdom.Advance Merry X'mas and a Happy New year to all folks.

thedog
12-02-08, 19:40
Welcome, friend. Have you got an AR yet? Somewhere? Not in the UK, I'm guessing...:rolleyes:

dog

iroc_dis
12-03-08, 13:47
Hey all. Thought I would finally get off my butt and join the boards here. I know there is quite a lot of good information and experience here so I hope to learn a lot.

I'm a deputy sheriff for a mid-sized sheriff's office in South Carolina. Been doing it for a little over a year now after graduating from college in May '07. Road deputies aren't issued rifles but per the boss-man, we're allowed to carry a patrol rifle if we buy one ourselves and qualify with it/take a training course.

Didn't want to skimp on something that could potentially save my life and/or the lives of others so I picked up a complete LMT 16" from Upstate Armory Group, located outside of Greenville, SC. I was stupid then and didn't shell out for the SOPMOD stock, although I may pick one up if the prices start going down.

Pictures of the rifle can be found here (https://www.m4carbine.net/showpost.php?p=262115&postcount=1688).

exitinyourhead
12-03-08, 14:17
nice ride, and welcome to the board

warpigM-4
12-03-08, 14:41
welcome:D

carlos80178
12-03-08, 14:57
you're right bro, not here in UK,I owned one licensed Elisco (A Colt Licensed manufacturing based in Philippines).post pic soon...I assume your a Filipino bro...

thedog
12-03-08, 15:13
lol! Not Filipino, bro. Just another Texan. Wish I could visit the Islands someday though.
See you around.
dog

thedog
12-03-08, 15:18
Welcome friend! Stay safe out there.

dog

Detective_D
12-03-08, 19:02
Nice looking patrol rifle.

Welcome to the board!!
~D

iroc_dis
12-03-08, 20:49
Thanks guys. Like I mention in my other post, I'm going to be in the market for another black rifle, one of the 10.5" SBR variety.

Probably an LMT Defender lower with SOPMOD stock, either a Noveske or LMT 10.5" upper, and whichever Eotech or Aimpoint I decide on that will temporarily be on my current rifle.

crucible
12-04-08, 08:03
Hi! guys. I just came across this website while doin some research for a security provider i work for here in the Philippines and, man!, am i impressed!

Kudos to the guys who created this site. Lookin forward to learn a lot from the industry's best.

Jay Cunningham
12-04-08, 09:18
Welcome!

twistedlv
12-05-08, 08:53
Hello everyone. I'm new to the site, as well as AR's, and am finding lots of good info. One question (so far). Is there a way to change the forum skin? As cool as it is, my old eyes ain't too thrilled with dark fonts and dark backgrounds.

warpigM-4
12-05-08, 11:07
welcome to the site!!!!!I am not sure on changing the look of the site ,if you IM one of the Mods I am sure they will help you.the mods here are all top notch:D

aatactical
12-12-08, 12:16
Hello to all. I am a new member to M4 but not new to the ar platform weapons etc. but far from knowing alot and am looking forward to learning alot more on this site. Can anyone tell me how or when I will be able to post replies on other forums and when its possible to post sale ads or buy from the sale ads. Is there a time frame or number of post I must put up and is there a membership other than what I am now. Thank You so much.

warpigM-4
12-12-08, 14:11
I signed up on this site doing a search for a colt carry handle and bought it right away.Now this is my only home I don't go to the other site much at all.welcome to your new home:D

thedog
12-13-08, 04:02
Welcome, Friend!!!

dog

aatactical
12-13-08, 08:42
Thank You

yrac
12-14-08, 09:59
Hello to all. I am a new member to M4 but not new to the ar platform weapons etc. but far from knowing alot and am looking forward to learning alot more on this site. Can anyone tell me how or when I will be able to post replies on other forums and when its possible to post sale ads or buy from the sale ads. Is there a time frame or number of post I must put up and is there a membership other than what I am now. Thank You so much.

I'm not sure that I follow your entire question, but regarding the requirements to post items for sale, you can review the following posts specific to the sales forum:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=7784
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=21908

The general rules for the site can be found here:
https://www.m4carbine.net/faq.php?faq=vb_faq#faq_new_faq_item

Welome to the site, BTW!

freestylewcc
12-14-08, 13:28
Hello all. I'm from North East Ohio. I just purchased my first M4, it is a Charles Daly DM4LE I don't even have it yet. New to the M4/AR platform and interested to learn all i can.

bkb0000
12-14-08, 13:32
Hello all. I'm from North East Ohio. I just purchased my first M4, it is a Charles Daly DM4LE I don't even have it yet. New to the M4/AR platform and interested to learn all i can.

there's plenty to learn here over the next 16 months while you wait for your new gun.

freestylewcc
12-14-08, 15:21
I thought that to be the case, bad timing on the decision to buy and having the funds as well, but I got lucky and found someone that has it on its way and should be here around Christmas. Some things just work out great.

WARRIOR46
12-14-08, 22:47
Hi all,

I've been lurking here for the last couple months and decided to say hello. I've owned a few M4s and have been around the weapons scene for a few decades now. I hope to be an active member and learn more as well. I've ordered 2 Colt 6920s and can't wait for them to come in. :)

thedog
12-15-08, 00:28
Welcome, Warrior.

Seems to be a good group here. I am fairly new as well. Congrats on the new weapons. See you around the forums!

dog

C4IGrant
12-15-08, 08:37
Howdy!

C4

Dave L.
12-15-08, 08:38
Hi all,
I've ordered 2 Colt 6920s and can't wait for them to come in. :)

2 is the minimum :D

Verbal Kint
12-15-08, 08:47
Welcome!

I agree with thedog. Seems to be an excellent group of people, and the site contains a wealth of knowledge to be gained. Best thing, IMO, is the very low signal-to-noise ratio here. M4C has quickly become one of my favorite forums for my sickness. lol :)

Detective_D
12-15-08, 08:53
Welcome aboard Warrior.

And Congrats on the 2 Colts!!
~D

CCFP
12-15-08, 09:20
Welcome, I just learned that 2 AR's was the minimum. Wheh!, just made it. Nobody told me that before. Although having 2 in Canada should equate to having 20 in the US.:rolleyes:

SoDak
12-15-08, 19:58
This is an excellent site. I have learned a lot and the people here are great.

SeriousStudent
12-15-08, 20:07
You certainly picked a great way to start, with a pair of 6920's!

Welcome, and enjoy your stay.

aatactical
12-15-08, 20:07
Well was just wondering I reallt enjoy all the response lets get this web site Rockin with more posts and more members if I can help let me know I am disabled at 48 and have lots of time I love our country and a hardcore military man and I love my toys Lets get it done men lets be the best forum on the net with good feeds WOW:D

drsal
12-15-08, 20:56
I am also a new member, registered after finding some info on training courses, but after viewing a recent post on gun photos and feet, am having some regrets:eek: about signing up here!

WARRIOR46
12-16-08, 02:35
Thank you all for the warm welcomes. :cool:

Failure2Stop
12-16-08, 06:32
You are off to a great start, welcome aboard.

Now get some training and shoot as much as you can!

aatactical
12-16-08, 11:04
Please explain why my freind lets get it out and get it fixed and move on;)

CasterBlaster
12-18-08, 11:10
Hi everyone i have been trying to learn as much as I can from this forum and it is full of good info. I have a question that may be a matter of opinion, but would still appreciate the feedback.

I recently bought a bushmaster ORC and I am reading that it may be in my best interest to try and sell it for what I paid or even a little more : ) on gunbroker, and spend the extra money to purchase a Colt? What is everyones opinion on bushmaster ORC?

I am planning on setting it up with some troy iron sights, and either a aimpoint T-1 or EoTech, with either a troy or DD free float handguard?

thedog
12-19-08, 01:34
Your choices of sights are good ones. Your choice of rifle is fine...however, on this forum, not the most popular, and for certain reasons. What do you require of your weapon?
I own a Bushmaster and am happy. I use it for home defense, and I have used it for such. Never has let me down, paper targets, cans, bottles or flesh. (bad dogs! sorry to get ya'll excited!!, I used a gov't weapon for "other" flesh!)
Do the things that it needs, properly stake bolt carrier keys, etc. The list is on the site! Take care of it, You should be fine. It'll take care of you.
And....WELCOME!!!

dog

CasterBlaster
12-19-08, 13:57
Thanks man, I only plan to use it for home defense and target shooting of course. I appreciate your feedback and isnt Texas a great place to live!!

thedog
12-22-08, 23:51
God blessed Texas, didn't He? I've loved it all my life!!
dog

vtek
12-25-08, 11:10
Hello All,

New member here and just wanted to say hello. I post on a few other forums and just recently found M4carbine. Very impressed by the forum. My new home... :D

Merry Christmas to all...

Don Robison
12-25-08, 11:17
Welcome to the forum and Merry Christmas.

Jay Cunningham
12-25-08, 11:19
Howdy!

Merry Christmas!

warpigM-4
12-25-08, 11:20
welcome and merry christmas:D

thedog
12-25-08, 14:24
Welcome, friend! Merry Christmas!

dog

eec4tuner
12-26-08, 01:17
I guess I'll fall in to the new guy ranks. Aloha from the rock in the middle of the Pacific we call Hawaii. Moved over from building AK's, Kinda wished I stocked up on lowers before everything went up.

thedog
12-26-08, 01:31
Welcome, friend!!! You being new to the forum doesn't mean you are new to "our world"!! Please share and gain knowledge!

dog

ErinMT
12-27-08, 01:17
Hello all. I was refered to this site by a member of getoffthex.

I'm hosting two Tactical Response classes in CA I'm going to toss up in the training area and other than that I'm here to read and learn and maybe make some new friends and meet some new shooters at the local ranges for some fun. :D

bigdumbparatrooper
12-29-08, 08:43
Hello all,
I am a new member and I thought I should introduce myself. I am active duty Infantry currently assigned to Cannon Land(Ft. Sill). I am currently assigned as the small arms master gunner for post. This is both more fun and not as high speed than I thought.

I joined this sight in an effort to increase my knowledge base. I learned about this forum by reading rob_s' posts on LIGHTFIGHTER.net. I have been a member there for several years.

thanks for letting me join the team:D