PDA

View Full Version : Noveske Marked Vltor MUR Compatability With DD

Jaysop
08-30-11, 19:13
So im in the process of ordering a Noveske, I was told there might be some fit issues with the Noveske marked MUR uppers with a lot of common rail systems because of different contouring ordered by them.
This does not pertain to the Vltor marked MUR uppers.
I was wondering if anyone was able to install a Daniel Defense Ris II rail onto these uppers? If so anyone have any pictures.

Toyoland66
08-30-11, 20:09
I was under the impression that the fitment issues were with the older billet MURs

Ironman8
08-30-11, 20:20
MUR 1A needs to be used with the DD rails. Noveske MUR uppers will not work.

Jaysop
08-30-11, 20:57
MUR 1A needs to be used with the DD rails. Noveske MUR uppers will not work.

Sounds like a pretty deffinate answer. Might as well go with the standard receivers, Ty btw

bp7178
08-30-11, 21:14
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v340/roguedemon/IMG_0544.jpg

Just get a MUR 1A...I've had quite a few upper and rail combos, none have fit together as nicely as a Vltor MUR A1 and a DD RIS-II.

You can see in the pic there is what looks like releif cut just forward of the ejection port. This gives you clearance for the DD bolt-up screws.

Ironman8
08-30-11, 21:23
No problem...however, I guess I should have added that:

1) I'm fairly certain that the Noveske MURs were made for use with there SWS/NRW rails that Noveske uses.

2) I'm fairly certain that just about any DD rail will work with the MUR1A, so if you want to be safe, just go with that.

3) I have been wrong before, so giving Noveske a call will be short, enjoyable, and enlightening :p

Jaysop
08-30-11, 21:35
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v340/roguedemon/IMG_0544.jpg

Just get a MUR 1A...I've had quite a few upper and rail combos, none have fit together as nicely as a Vltor MUR A1 and a DD RIS-II.

You can see in the pic there is what looks like releif cut just forward of the ejection port. This gives you clearance for the DD bolt-up screws.
I like how yours doesn't have labels all over it, clean and black.
Did you have it refinished or did it come that way?

Jaysop
08-30-11, 21:39
No problem...however, I guess I should have added that:

1) I'm fairly certain that the Noveske MURs were made for use with there SWS/NRW rails that Noveske uses.

2) I'm fairly certain that just about any DD rail will work with the MUR1A, so if you want to be safe, just go with that.

3) I have been wrong before, so giving Noveske a call will be short, enjoyable, and enlightening :p
I asked when I was on the phone getting the quote. She very honestly told me there were no guarantees that it would work, I appreciate thy she brought it to my attention. The only thing holding me back from the MUR1a is the labeling covering it.

bp7178
08-30-11, 21:59
Vltor had sterile ones on their website. They creap up every now and again. That was the biggest reason why I stayed away from them as well...kind of NASCAR like.

The only logo is a very subdued Vltor under the dust cover, which you can't see when it is open.

I have it on good authority the Larue billet uppers are GTG as well, same perfect dimensions as the Vltor ones.

Todd.K
08-31-11, 11:22
The MUR we use with our SWS rail is the same as the older billet ones, the DD rail won't fit.

johnson
08-31-11, 14:03
You can see the differences on this page.

http://www.militarymorons.com/weapons/ar.uppers.html

Jaysop
08-31-11, 15:58
Is there any real reason why the Vltor uppers are superior to the standards ones I would get on any other Noveske? Or any rifle for that matter. I understand that there machined to a higher standard... but cant the same be said for any high quality upper?

bp7178
08-31-11, 16:34
I've had a few standard forged uppers, ranging from CMMG, Daniel Defense, Noveske etc. Its amazing how differently each one fits to various parts. Even something as simple as the alignment of the upper's rail to the top rail of the rail system. Some fit sloppy to a barrel extension.

The Vltor fits tightly to the barrel extension and aligns to the rail perfectly. Very nice snug fit to the barrel extension. On a set of KAC micros, my zero was something wacky like two clicks off.

In my conversations with Wes Grant of MSTN, who turned me onto the Vltor, he also mentioned the Larue billet uppers are very solid as well.

Due to my experiance, I will only be building a rifle with either Vltor or Larue uppers. Nice shit costs money. No way around it. You will see where that money goes though.