PDA

View Full Version : Lower Receiver Sale PSA

jungatheart
08-31-11, 08:54
PSA has their lowers on sale $50.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/1560.php

munch520
08-31-11, 09:25
thanks...knew this was a Labor day sale but didn't think it'd hit this early.

saddlerocker
08-31-11, 09:26
PSA is gonna make us all broke.
I might just get one for a future build (but if I do that ill end up building it now)

munch520
08-31-11, 09:36
For that price, I would no matter what. But then, that does force one to buy the other parts :cool:

jungatheart
08-31-11, 11:00
PSA is gonna make us all broke.
I might just get one for a future build (but if I do that ill end up building it now)

I'm sure mine will sit on my shelf and constantly remind me "I could have been a contender."

What I really like though is now I don't have to go through a FFL to get any of the rest of the gun.

TCBA_Joe
08-31-11, 12:50
Interesting...

I got someone sending me a upper. I've kinda been needing one. I already have a spare tube and stock kit...

fdxpilot
08-31-11, 13:56
I'm sure mine will sit on my shelf and constantly remind me "I could have been a contender."

What I really like though is now I don't have to go through a FFL to get any of the rest of the gun.

I agree. I have one on a shelf in my office, just eagerly waiting to be built up. At $50 + shipping, it's tough not to buy a couple.

yunggunz
08-31-11, 16:22
For that price, I would no matter what. But then, that does force one to buy the other parts :cool:

This is my fear! I have done it once, what is to stop me from doing it again. lol. My first AR started with an optic.:big_boss:

GP100
08-31-11, 21:04
That $50 would turn into $1000 real quick if I were to place an order. Gotta show my first build some love before I go looking to play the field.

MidwestRookie
09-01-11, 03:25
I'm weak. I had to order one...

I want to use it for a 5.45 build..or a pinned midlength 14.5"..or a lightweight 16"..

decisions! :suicide2:

Lincoln7
09-01-11, 05:07
Last time they were $50 I ordered 3. Must...resist...temptation.

Baedarlboo
09-01-11, 08:39
It was hard to order just one, but I did it! So proud of my self control! :D

YWHIC
09-01-11, 08:51
I got my 1 from them with Pictogram. and its for my 1st build ever...

I have a complete AR rifle to use for reference at least..

I wonder if I should order another today.. pay day and all.. :lol:

Pork Chop
09-01-11, 09:14
Got a couple put together from the Fathers day sale. Seemed to be good fit & finish. Pins all fit snug & such.

FChen17213
09-01-11, 09:26
Very very very tempting......but after you add shipping and the FFL fees which are usually $25-50, it isn't quite as attractive. Still very tempting though. My stripped lowers tend to wind up as $1500-$2500 black holes.

I know that this forum heavily suggests BCM, DD, Noveske, and other top shelf brands. Is the jury still out on PSA Lowers or is there a general consensus? If you build one up using a DD lpk and get a BCM/DD upper, I would venture to guess that it could stand to be a very tough hard-use gun.

munch520
09-01-11, 09:29
Very very very tempting......but after you add shipping and the FFL fees which are usually $25-50, it isn't quite as attractive. Still very tempting though. My stripped lowers tend to wind up as $1500-$2500 black holes.

I know that this forum heavily suggests BCM, DD, Noveske, and other top shelf brands. Is the jury still out on PSA Lowers or is there a general consensus? If you build one up using a DD lpk and get a BCM/DD upper, I would venture to guess that it could stand to be a very tough hard-use gun.

Well, FFL transfer fees apply to all lowers, so the 'lower' the price to begin with, the better.

I think the (somewhat unpopular) consensus is that they are good to go in terms of functionality. Would people rather have a Colt, KAC, Noveske roll-mark? You bet your ass they would - but in terms of function, finish, and spec these are on par.

jungatheart
09-01-11, 09:39

My FFL charges a flat $15 no matter how many receivers. You might want to check with yours.

TCBA_Joe
09-01-11, 09:59

My FFL charges $20 for a transfers. And $150 for a lower.

$50 for a lower, $7 for shipping and $20 for transfer is still half of what buying a stripped lower local is. I also got a LPK for $50 when his cost $75.

I have a buffer, spring, tube, and stock already set aside, so for $125 I have a complete lower (compared to $225 local). Seems like a deal to me.

fdxpilot
09-01-11, 11:54
Another thought. My FFL charges the transfer fee per package, so I got both lowers for one fee. I think you can get 5 items on the 4473, so he might charge another fee for more than 5.

GTifosi
09-01-11, 12:53
I think you can get 5 items on the 4473

Yes, or at least you could last time they had a sale and a pile were purchased :)

One thing of possible note though, having 2-3 on a sheet might not be a 'thing', but breaking over into the 4-5 range might fall into those ignorant 'multiple purchase of assault weapons' report it because you're supplying terrorist rules.

Not saying it does or will, by by the letter of some ATF, Fed or even state reg, it 'could' be persued that way if someone had a bug up thier ass.

Sanpete
09-01-11, 13:19
Yes, or at least you could last time they had a sale and a pile were purchased :)

One thing of possible note though, having 2-3 on a sheet might not be a 'thing', but breaking over into the 4-5 range might fall into those ignorant 'multiple purchase of assault weapons' report it because you're supplying terrorist rules.

Not saying it does or will, by by the letter of some ATF, Fed or even state reg, it 'could' be persued that way if someone had a bug up thier ass.

Utter nonsense.

Citizen_soldier22
09-02-11, 15:37
I bought one of these during their last sale, along with everything else I'd need to build a rifle. Just so you guys know, even though it probably doesn't apply to many here, you have to be 21 in order to get a lower receiver from your FFL. I wasn't aware of this, and being 20 had to buy an entire AR-15 just to replace the stock, grip, and put my upper onto...

Magic_Salad0892
09-02-11, 18:19
Trying to decide whether or not to buy my girlfriend one of these or a KAC lower. She's been wanting to build a Mk. 18 type gun for herself for a while.

amd5007
09-02-11, 18:25
Trying to decide whether or not to buy my girlfriend one of these or a KAC lower. She's been wanting to build a Mk. 18 type gun for herself for a while.

I've just about finished a mk 18 build, just waiting for the barrel. If it is down to the two, go with a KAC lower, or an LMT lower would be better still. All of my uppers (BCM, DD, LMT, Del-Ton) rattle considerably on the PSA lower. It is serviceable of course, but not esthetically perfect. I had bought it for the SBR purpose and I couldn't return it. It's what I got and I can live with it. I guess I just got one on the lower end of spec.

zacii
09-02-11, 18:41
My FFL charges a flat $15 no matter how many receivers. You might want to check with yours.

Another thought. My FFL charges the transfer fee per package, so I got both lowers for one fee. I think you can get 5 items on the 4473, so he might charge another fee for more than 5.

I ordered one today.

I thought about ordering 2 or three, but my FFL dealer said that he has to charge the transfer fee for each one. What's up with that?

jungatheart
09-02-11, 18:57
Just got notification that mine have shipped already. Not bad PSA.

Defender3
09-02-11, 20:24
Thanks for the heads up - looks like a good time to start a new build for the kids.

Magic_Salad0892
09-03-11, 04:52
I've just about finished a mk 18 build, just waiting for the barrel. If it is down to the two, go with a KAC lower, or an LMT lower would be better still. All of my uppers (BCM, DD, LMT, Del-Ton) rattle considerably on the PSA lower. It is serviceable of course, but not esthetically perfect. I had bought it for the SBR purpose and I couldn't return it. It's what I got and I can live with it. I guess I just got one on the lower end of spec.

IMHO, a KAC lower is better than an LMT lower. LMT hasn't released an ambi lower, for a lower price, so IMHO... KAC = ADAC >>> LMT = Colt = BCM = DD = PSA = G&R = Ect.

I'll probably get the KAC lower, just because IMHO it's a better lower. But the price is hard to pass up. If I added a KAC ambi magazine release, and selector switch... then it'd still be less than half the price of the KAC lower, and the bolt release, and QD cups would be all she didn't have.

That's the real reason I haven't decided, yet. I wanted to finish her build for her, for Christmas.

I just ordered a set of HK MP7A1 sights from HKParts.net for the build. I'm looking forward to seeing her shoot it. Already have a vision...

http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/HK-MP7A1-Flip-Front-Rear-Sight-Set-Complete-60p24.htm

hals1
09-03-11, 13:39
I ordered one today.

I thought about ordering 2 or three, but my FFL dealer said that he has to charge the transfer fee for each one. What's up with that?

Not has, but chooses to. My FFL will do the four I just ordered (two of each) on one 4473 and charges $10 for military/retired military for each 4473. He did say though that applies only if all four come in the same package. I think the FFL can pretty much charge any way he likes. Might hurt business though.

Dobie
09-03-11, 15:02
For those who ordered multiple PSA lowers before do they ship in the same package? My FFL will only charge one transfer also if they do.

jungatheart
09-03-11, 15:33
For those who ordered multiple PSA lowers before do they ship in the same package? My FFL will only charge one transfer also if they do.

I got two shipping notifications for two lowers yesterday so they shipped one to a package.

zacii
09-03-11, 17:41
What has been the average time from purchase to ship?

hals1
09-04-11, 09:17
What has been the average time from purchase to ship?

My experience with them is they are not real quick. Often takes them two weekdays to get a tracking number and then the item is usually not yet picked up by UPS. Usually takes seven or eight days from order to arrival in WY. No telling with the holiday weekend. I ordered Friday, hope it gets here next Friday or Saturday, but it will probably be the following Monday. They are reliable though and I order from them frequently.

GTifosi
09-04-11, 09:26

I've had up to 5 at once in a package during a group buy.

Just a question of how big the box they put it in actually as orders tend to go out complete in one package AFA what I've seen from them.

ChadS01
09-04-11, 10:44
Ordered four during Fathers Day sale, all 4 shipped in one package.

bigkracka
09-04-11, 14:45
My FFL only charges $10 for transfers(with chl) whether I have 1 or 5 guns waiting for me when I get there. You guys should shop around.

zacii
09-04-11, 14:58
Not has, but chooses to. My FFL will do the four I just ordered (two of each) on one 4473 and charges $10 for military/retired military for each 4473. He did say though that applies only if all four come in the same package. I think the FFL can pretty much charge any way he likes. Might hurt business though.

My FFL only charges $10 for transfers(with chl) whether I have 1 or 5 guns waiting for me when I get there. You guys should shop around.

I'm kinda between a canyon and a hard spot. I only have one in-state dealer within 200 miles. Any closer dealers are out of state, and they won't sell lowers to me, stating ATF regs. They say that the lower could be used to build a pistol, which is illegal for non-residents to purchase.

That leaves me with one dealer. He' a really nice guy, though. Maybe I could talk to him and see what he knows. I've ran into a few FFL dealers who were actually ignorant of the laws, on a few points.

hals1
09-04-11, 18:05
I'm kinda between a canyon and a hard spot. I only have one in-state dealer within 200 miles. Any closer dealers are out of state, and they won't sell lowers to me, stating ATF regs. They say that the lower could be used to build a pistol, which is illegal for non-residents to purchase.

That leaves me with one dealer. He' a really nice guy, though. Maybe I could talk to him and see what he knows. I've ran into a few FFL dealers who were actually ignorant of the laws, on a few points.

I think that point in the law applies to any bare receiver, not just ARs.

MistWolf
09-04-11, 18:53
zacii, where in AZ are you? How far are you from Flagstaff?

meausoc
09-06-11, 13:45
Does anyone know if a RDIAS will fit in these lowers?

munch520
09-06-11, 14:11

From what I've heard it varies, but I believe the majority of the time these are high shelf so no-go.

Lincoln7
09-06-11, 14:12

Yes in the pictogram version.

No in the SAFE/FIRE version.

munch520
09-06-11, 14:25

wonderful, thanks for the clarity!

C45P312
09-07-11, 07:19
Anyone have one they want to let go for $65 shipped? Friends mom just asked me to build her husband a rifle to commemorate 9/11 since he's a local fire fighter. or any leads for a cheap lower would be dandy

thanks

saddlerocker
09-07-11, 13:29
PSA is still pretty cheap at $79
Also Surplus Arms and Ammo is $60 at AIMSurplus
I dont think I have ever seen any other ones that sell for $50

I would buy one of PSA's lower parts kits or lower build kits now while they are on sale for sure

zacii
09-08-11, 07:11
zacii, where in AZ are you? How far are you from Flagstaff?

Northwest from Flag. About 230 miles... there's a small canyon between here and there ;)

I ordered a week ago, but still no shipping notice. Has anyone else seen any activity?

hank2165
09-08-11, 07:21
I ordered mine on Sunday and recieved shipping notice today. SC to GA. Will arrive the 9th.

YWHIC
09-08-11, 11:40
I just emailed them

I order 1 on 8/31 and 1 on 9/2..

figured I'd hear something by now.. :sad:

ordered a MOE LPK/Build kit on 9/5.. nothing on that either..

must be swamped.. :(

zacii
09-08-11, 11:46
I just emailed them

I order 1 on 8/31 and 1 on 9/2..

figured I'd hear something by now.. :sad:

ordered a MOE LPK/Build kit on 9/5.. nothing on that either..

must be swamped.. :(

Let us know what they say. I'm sure that they just got bombarded with orders.

meausoc
09-08-11, 16:49

Does anyone know who makes these lowers for PSA?

YWHIC
09-08-11, 16:55
I just got shipping confirmation on at least one of them in route to my FFL.. :dance3:

hoping they put both of them in 1 box.. (they emailed me and confirmed BOTH in the 1 box)

also my MOE LPK/Build kit shipped also via UPS..

YWHIC
09-08-11, 16:59
side note..

AIM has cosmetic blem Spikes lowers in 3 flavors for $69.. free shipping..

hals1
09-08-11, 22:05
I just got an email from them that says it takes ten days to process a lower order:(.

Lincoln7
09-09-11, 06:29
I just got an email from them that says it takes ten days to process a lower order:(.

Them being PSA or, recently brought up, AIM?

hals1
09-09-11, 08:01
Them being PSA or, recently brought up, AIM?

Sorry, PSA.

wneubauer
09-09-11, 22:02
I got the same message on processing time, so 10 days it is. They must be jammed up good.

I've got 3 lowers coming, so Christmas will be good at my house this year.

bowtech182
09-10-11, 07:31
Does anyone know who makes these lowers for PSA?

They are all made by LW Schneider these days.

Baedarlboo
09-16-11, 05:45
I still have not heard a word from PSA....sent an email yesterday inquiring about my order and nothing yet. :lazy2:

YWHIC
09-16-11, 05:58
PSA told me 10 business days to ship..

I ordered 1 on 9/2.. they told me it may ship on/by 9/16 which is 10 business days.. I should have it NLT the 20th.. :angry:

now this actually makes some sense.. though I'm sure ALOT are not happy.. but $50 for a lower and no rush for me..

Baedarlboo
09-16-11, 06:45
PSA told me 10 business days to ship..

I ordered 1 on 9/2.. they told me it may ship on/by 9/16 which is 10 business days.. I should have it NLT the 20th.. :angry:

now this actually makes some sense.. though I'm sure ALOT are not happy.. but $50 for a lower and no rush for me..

It's not about the price or being in a rush. It's about keeping your customers in the loop. My order was placed on the 1st, and I haven't heard a word. That's also after 2 emails inquiring about the status of my order.

Tango-Alpha
09-16-11, 18:54

Am I required to answer this question? If you must ask, then the answer is an emphatic YES!!! :)

hals1
09-16-11, 19:10
Yeah. Just don't buy a stripped lower and a lower parts kit at the same time or they will charge you the 11% excise tax on a gun.

hals1
09-16-11, 19:12
I ordered four lowers on September 2 (late), still don't have status except "it takes ten business days to ship a lower". I had other stuff on the same order. No status there either.

Baedarlboo
09-17-11, 07:36
Called yesterday since they were not replying to any emails. First words out of his mouth before I could finish was "It take 10 business days to ship out a lower". Then I nicely said that my order was placed on the 1st. Well, he said he'll go check on it, put me on hold for about 10 mins. and when he got back on the phone, stated it's hard searching through all the orders and would call me back. Well, guess what? No call back. :suicide2:
Great customer service! :rolleyes:

djegators
09-17-11, 07:44
I have had some similar experiences with PSA lately...my guess is they are growing faster than they can handle.

ChadS01
09-17-11, 08:23
I ordered four on the 01 Sept and received them on the 16th.

Tango-Alpha
09-17-11, 08:58
Called yesterday since they were not replying to any emails. First words out of his mouth before I could finish was "It take 10 business days to ship out a lower". Then I nicely said that my order was placed on the 1st. Well, he said he'll go check on it, put me on hold for about 10 mins. and when he got back on the phone, stated it's hard searching through all the orders and would call me back. Well, guess what? No call back. :suicide2:
Great customer service! :rolleyes:

I don't see what's so complicated about this. Why does he have to "search through all the orders?" You placed the order online right? You give them your order number and they look it up on their computer system. Simple. Once he finds it in the system, they should be able to track status whether the order was fulfilled and the package was shipped or not.

I feel for you. Stuff like this drives me crazy. I had a similar situation recently with Surplus Ammo. Took me a month to get an upper from them. Each time I'd call or email, I'd get what's your order number....then "oh we'll have to call you back." I eventually got it taken care of but I went through 3 different people to get it handled.

Good luck!

Baedarlboo
09-17-11, 10:37
I don't see what's so complicated about this. Why does he have to "search through all the orders?" You placed the order online right? You give them your order number and they look it up on their computer system. Simple. Once he finds it in the system, they should be able to track status whether the order was fulfilled and the package was shipped or not.

I feel for you. Stuff like this drives me crazy. I had a similar situation recently with Surplus Ammo. Took me a month to get an upper from them. Each time I'd call or email, I'd get what's your order number....then "oh we'll have to call you back." I eventually got it taken care of but I went through 3 different people to get it handled.

Good luck!

Thanks, and I was thinking the same thing. You place an order online, now there's a database of online orders with distinct order numbers. How hard is it? LOL
Not to mention this isn't their first rodeo, they've had a few sales in the past. You'd think they take past data and use it for future projections to make thing work easier each time.

rocketman
09-17-11, 10:40
I don't have a dog in this fight but I can't help but comment.

I don't know anyone at PSA and I don't own any of their uppers or lowers. I get all the uppers and lowers I need from BCM, Noveske and Colt. They are just one more good source of AR ammo and AR accessories as far as I'm concerned. That said I believe they are listening to their customers and are trying to give the market what it wants at a good price.

I've ordered accessories from them online on several occasions and they have always shipped exactly what I ordered quickly. I've never had to call and ask about an order because they almost always shipped what I ordered within 24 hours.

I drive between Charlotte and Columbia every now and then for work and when I have time I stop in to look around their shop. Just after they opened I went by and the owner was kind enough to show me around and talk to me about his future plans. They have a very nice retail store and a huge warehouse with plenty of room to grow. PSA is by no means a mom and pop operation but they are new and I don't think even they realized how fast they would be growing.

This lower sale and the CS issues you guys mention makes me think they still may not have their retail shop point of sale/inventory system integrated with their internet point of sale/inventory system. Their website software won't let you order anything that isn't in stock and I've never had anything but good luck with my on line orders. My guess is that when you call, especially if they are swamped, you may get someone on the retail side that doesn't have easy access to internet orders. I've seen this happen when I was in their retail store.

I guess the bottom line is that PSA wouldn't be the first outfit that had sales out grow systems and suffer for it. I'm sure they will learn from it and continue to get better.

Oh and hals1, did you remember to tell PSA thank you for letting you get in on that super deal even though it was officially over? ;)

munch520
09-17-11, 11:00
Good points. I get the impatience and I waited a bit longer than 10 days...but I also got a stripped lower for $45.

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t294/myersma2/a8bdd806.jpg
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t294/myersma2/b5365e39.jpg
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t294/myersma2/3b96a284.jpg
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t294/myersma2/41fef74a.jpg

DeltaSierra
09-17-11, 11:28
Yeah. Just don't buy a stripped lower and a lower parts kit at the same time or they will charge you the 11% excise tax on a gun.

Huh?

The excise tax is only charged if you purchase a complete (as in completely assembled with the upper and lower receivers put together) rifle.

Even if you buy a complete lower half, you won't be charged the 11% FET...

I don't know where you got your information, but it ain't true...

Baedarlboo
09-17-11, 12:04
Huh?

The excise tax is only charged if you purchase a complete (as in completely assembled with the upper and lower receivers put together) rifle.

Even if you buy a complete lower half, you won't be charged the 11% FET...

I don't know where you got your information, but it ain't true...

They stated on the site when you order any other parts along with a stripped lower, that they will charge the 11%.

"Choose between traditional safe and fire markings or universal bullet pictograms.

Due to Federal law, if you order an AR15 lower and AR15 parts, we will have to add an additional 11% Federal Excise Tax to the purchase price of the AR15 lower and AR15 parts. This amount will not be reflected in your shopping cart or on your invoice, but will be added when your order is processed.

California Buyers - stripped lowers are sent to California as "Long Guns" only.

PLEASE NOTE: We are not accepting phone orders on this item. Lowers may take up to 10 BUSINESS DAYS to ship. Please help us help you by ensuring your FFL is sent in as soon as possible.

Please make sure the business name of the FFL you will be using is on your order.

Shipping: $7 each"

DeltaSierra
09-17-11, 12:41
They stated on the site when you order any other parts along with a stripped lower, that they will charge the 11%.

"Choose between traditional safe and fire markings or universal bullet pictograms.

Due to Federal law, if you order an AR15 lower and AR15 parts, we will have to add an additional 11% Federal Excise Tax to the purchase price of the AR15 lower and AR15 parts. This amount will not be reflected in your shopping cart or on your invoice, but will be added when your order is processed.

California Buyers - stripped lowers are sent to California as "Long Guns" only.

PLEASE NOTE: We are not accepting phone orders on this item. Lowers may take up to 10 BUSINESS DAYS to ship. Please help us help you by ensuring your FFL is sent in as soon as possible.

Please make sure the business name of the FFL you will be using is on your order.

Shipping: $7 each"

One more reason not to buy anything from them... They don't know what they are talking about....

steelonsteel
09-17-11, 13:34
I ordered one just the other day - I'll let everyone know when/how long it takes.

fdxpilot
09-17-11, 15:15
One more reason not to buy anything from them... They don't know what they are talking about....

Maybe it is poorly worded on their website, as they mean upper parts, but I ordered 2 lowers and LPKs with no problems or additional tax. And perhaps you didn't know that the ATF can change their interpretation of the laws, so that buying a lower and upper from the same place in the same order does constitute a "complete" rifle.

On the other hand, feel free to not buy from them. Less people in the way when I order. :p

hickuleas
09-17-11, 15:45
I ordered some stripped lowers on 9/1 and recieved e-mail with tracking info today. Also ordered a LPK and it was shipped minus the disconector. One call to CS and they quickly sent out missing part.

djegators
09-17-11, 15:52
I ordered some stripped lowers on 9/1 and recieved e-mail with tracking info today. Also ordered a LPK and it was shipped minus the disconector. One call to CS and they quickly sent out missing part.

Between me and a couple of friends, all too often there have been missing parts, or the wrong build kits shipped. This seems to be much too common for my liking...even Botach seems to have gotten things ironed out.

steelonsteel
09-18-11, 09:06
I just ordered my first lower form these people, and I've never dealt wiht them previously, so I don't have much of a dog in this fight, but there is one glaring thing Ive noticed from those who've complained that I'd like to point out.

I don't think some people understand the concept of BUSINESS DAYS. Business days usually mean mon-fri ONLY. Sat, Sun, and holidays are not generally considered business days, even if they are technically open. So for example, Order on the first, that's ten days, PLUS 4 days for two weekends, plus 3 days for it coming in the mail, and assuming thee are no holidays in ther, meaning you should reasonably expect it on the 17th.

10 business days does NOT mean order on the 1st and get it the 9th or 10th.

Again, I'm not trying to single any one person out or sound mean or nasty, just wanting to clear up for some people who seem to only be seeing "10 days".

I can understadn the frsutration of waiting for your stuff. I wouldn;t blame anyone who decided they'd rather not wait and went to AIMSURPLUS or G&R TACTICAL or a similar entity and bought one that was in stock and shipped within a day or two.

polymorpheous
09-18-11, 09:17
This thread is a good example of what is happening to this forum.

As the poster above mentioned, business days means Monday through Friday.
Also, another poster makes a good point in regards to software in-store as opposed to internet sales.

You just bought lowers for $57 shipped.
It is worth the wait at that price.

Memories are short, but let me remind some of the situation in 2008.
People waited months to get parts such as bolts and lower parts kits.
Companies like Bravo Company had no uppers or bolt carrier groups in stock for months.

munch520
09-18-11, 11:31
You just bought lowers for $57 shipped.
It is worth the wait at that price.

Exactly.

jet66
09-18-11, 11:48
I ordered my LPK+MOE lower build kit during the stripped lower frenzy. Took a day or two more than 'most places' normally do before it shipped, but it was still in what I would call a 'timely fashion.' It's my only experience with PSA so far, but it was based on the recommendation of quite a few people that have had great experiences with them. The LPK seems like a nice, quality kit, especially the FCG. Certainly a great deal on the whole thing, as it appears with a lot of other items they carry. I'll definitely buy from them again.

justin_247
09-18-11, 13:19
I ordered my LPK+MOE lower build kit during the stripped lower frenzy. Took a day or two more than 'most places' normally do before it shipped, but it was still in what I would call a 'timely fashion.' It's my only experience with PSA so far, but it was based on the recommendation of quite a few people that have had great experiences with them. The LPK seems like a nice, quality kit, especially the FCG. Certainly a great deal on the whole thing, as it appears with a lot of other items they carry. I'll definitely buy from them again.

Have you installed the LPK, yet? If not, can you take pictures of the various forge marks on the parts, so we can identify who made it? Thanks.

polymorpheous
09-18-11, 13:26
Have you installed the LPK, yet? If not, can you take pictures of the various forge marks on the parts, so we can identify who made it? Thanks.

Hammer and trigger are marked "S".

Edit: So is the selector. The bolt catch is marked with 4 dots.

jet66
09-18-11, 13:51
I did install it, but here is the hammer:

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff122/jet1966/ARMods/hammer.jpg

Two 'S' and a '3' marks, as already mentioned.

Tango-Alpha
09-18-11, 15:21
I disagree. I think most people here understand the concept of "BUSINESS DAYS", nor do I think it's necessary for you explain it in detail for them to understand. You're not dealing with idiots here. Personally I haven't dealt with PSA, however my take from just reading the posts in this thread isn't that people are ignorant of the difference between business days versus calendar days, but rather they are annoyed that once an order has been placed, it seems to go in to a black hole. Some of the posts indicate that folks called, or emailed and couldn't get a satisfactory disposition to their order. It's frustrating when emails go unanswered or the person who says he'll call you back fails to do so. I had a similar experience with Surplus Ammo. It took a month to get an upper that I ordered from them. Meanwhile, phone calls were never returned and emails were ignored. When you're placing an order with a credit/debit card with a company that is several states away and you get little to zero feedback, it doesn't exactly instill confidence. Internet/online ordering fraud is on the rise and I must say, that thought went through my mind more than once as I dealt with my issue. It took a lot of persistence and 3 separate people to get them to do what they were obligated to do. So yes, I understand some folks can get a little impatient, but by and large most folks are fair and reasonable and want nothing more than communication to advise them as to the status. At least, that's what I'm hearing.

I just ordered my first lower form these people, and I've never dealt wiht them previously, so I don't have much of a dog in this fight, but there is one glaring thing Ive noticed from those who've complained that I'd like to point out.

I don't think some people understand the concept of BUSINESS DAYS. Business days usually mean mon-fri ONLY. Sat, Sun, and holidays are not generally considered business days, even if they are technically open. So for example, Order on the first, that's ten days, PLUS 4 days for two weekends, plus 3 days for it coming in the mail, and assuming thee are no holidays in ther, meaning you should reasonably expect it on the 17th.

10 business days does NOT mean order on the 1st and get it the 9th or 10th.

Again, I'm not trying to single any one person out or sound mean or nasty, just wanting to clear up for some people who seem to only be seeing "10 days".

I can understadn the frsutration of waiting for your stuff. I wouldn;t blame anyone who decided they'd rather not wait and went to AIMSURPLUS or G&R TACTICAL or a similar entity and bought one that was in stock and shipped within a day or two.

munch520
09-18-11, 15:27
I mean are you waiting on a liver or a gun part? Once again, I think everyone gets the concept of expecting good service and feedback. But you've heard from numerous people, including me, about good products that do show up, so what are you worried about? They're going through growing pains, cut em some slack. You paid half of what most folks do for a stripped lower.

I disagree. I think most people here understand the concept of "BUSINESS DAYS", nor do I think it's necessary for you explain it in detail for them to understand. You're not dealing with idiots here. Personally I haven't dealt with PSA, however my take from just reading the posts in this thread isn't that people are ignorant of the difference between business days versus calendar days, but rather they are annoyed that once an order has been placed, it seems to go in to a black hole. Some of the posts indicate that folks called, or emailed and couldn't get a satisfactory disposition to their order. It's frustrating when emails go unanswered or the person who says he'll call you back fails to do so. I had a similar experience with Surplus Ammo. It took a month to get an upper that I ordered from them. Meanwhile, phone calls were never returned and emails were ignored. When you're placing an order with a credit/debit card with a company that is several states away and you get little to zero feedback, it doesn't exactly instill confidence. Internet/online ordering fraud is on the rise and I must say, that thought went through my mind more than once as I dealt with my issue. It took a lot of persistence and 3 separate people to get them to do what they were obligated to do. So yes, I understand some folks can get a little impatient, but by and large most folks are fair and reasonable and want nothing more than communication to advise them as to the status. At least, that's what I'm hearing.

polymorpheous
09-18-11, 16:11
If you haven't dealt with PSA what exactly do you really have to contribute to this thread?

PSA and SAA are 2 completely separate companies.
You are making an assumption on PSA's business practices based on your single experience with a completely different and unrelated vendor?

This thread reeks of whining and entitlement.
I wouldn't be surprised at all if it was locked and all other PSA threads locked they way Smartgunner threads were.

On a side note:
I sent a quick message to PSA through their website regarding an order.
I received a response in a little over a day.
I received a shipping notice the day after that.

Tango-Alpha
09-18-11, 16:21
If you're addressing me, I don't think you read my post. I haven't ordered from PSA as I indicated in my post. Having been through similar experiences though, I definitely relate to the frustration that some are experiencing. You're right about a gun part not being as critical as a kidney, but that's silly argument to make because everyone understands there is no comparison between the two, nor do I believe anyone here has escalated it to quite that level either.

As a working business career professional I've had to address situations like these and in most cases it's easily solved by looking at turnaround time for fulfillment, which in this case appears to be more than 10 days and simply setting the right expectation with the customer up front. The old adage, under promise and over deliver certainly would apply here. However it would seem PSA is doing just the opposite. Growing companies go through strains like these, but whether they are successful in adapting and meeting customer demands will determine whether people will buy from them in the further, enabling them to reach their potential. Who would you rather buy from? Company A who has cheap prices, good communication and on time deliveries or Company B who has cheap prices, poor communication and occasionally delivers on time? I think the answer is obvious.

I hear your point about cutting them slack, but it's not up to the customer to renegotiate their expectations every time a company fails to deliver on their commitment. Setting realistic expectations that can be met is the job of the company. Most problems in general can be solved with communication. I guess I'm just a demanding person. If you tell me you're going to do something, I expect it to be done. If you can't deliver on that, then I want an explanation and a commitment for when it will be handled. Maybe you're just a laid back kind of person and things like this don't bother you. That's great! Hopefully you'll live a long happy life and never have the experience of disappointment or worse yet, being screwed by a company. It's happened to most people I know at one time or another. One thing is certain, if you don't look out for yourself, few others will.

I mean are you waiting on a kidney or a gun part? Once again, I think everyone gets the concept of expecting good service and feedback. But you've heard from numerous people, including me, about good products that do show up, so what are you worried about? They're going through growing pains, cut em some slack. You paid half of what most folks do for a stripped lower.

justin_247
09-18-11, 16:51
Holy. Crap.

You guys need to calm down. The thread has effectively been hijacked and I wouldn't be surprised if the moderators closed it.

I understand we live in an ultra-materialistic society that promotes a crack addiction like mentality of "gotta have it now! gotta have it now! omg where is it!?!?!? I ordered it 4 hrs ago!?!?!?!? Gotta get, gotta get..." for every little trinket. But this is really ridiculous.

GTifosi
09-18-11, 20:37
... I wonder how much more of a delay it puts on things while employees end up having to dedicate time they could be packing and shipping to other things like running around searching order records, answering phone calls, checking that box is packed/on the shelf/went out on the last load and digging up tracking #'s, which are supposed to be supplied by UPS anyway...

rocketman
09-18-11, 21:32
... I wonder how much more of a delay it puts on things while employees end up having to dedicate time they could be packing and shipping to other things like running around searching order records, answering phone calls, checking that box is packed/on the shelf/went out on the last load and digging up tracking #'s, which are supposed to be supplied by UPS anyway...

Yup. Exactly.

munch520
09-19-11, 08:24

Jesus...maybe it adds time. Who knows? If one of you is some 6Sigma wizard that wants to go devote time into revamping their process to speed up shipping go do it. Audit em. But I think anyone who skims this thread gets the idea: it's cheap and it takes a couple weeks to get your lower. Can't have your cake and eat it too fellas...at least not with a new company at this price.

nolt
09-19-11, 12:46
Livers are pretty much on back-order everywhere.
Ive checked.

I ordered a number of parts from them a couple of months ago and even got them to combine two separate orders to save on shipping. At no point did I ever have the feeling that I wouldn't get what I ordered within a reasonable amount of time.
Part of the problem may be that some companies just raise the bar so high that it makes people expect the unreasonable overall across the board. I ordered some parts on a Sunday afternoon from PSA and also ordered a 14.5" upper with a BC staked/welded on it from Bravo Co. at the same time.
Bravo shipped the upper Monday morning and PSA shipped the parts out on tuesday. Totally reasonable imho but I did find myself thinking at the time that Bravo was badass for getting the upper out so quick.

djegators
09-19-11, 12:52
Ive checked.

:eek:

jklaughrey
09-19-11, 12:52

Ive checked.

I pray to God you aren't actually in search of a new/used LIVER!:eek:

Dahmer Fan?

:sarcastic:

munch520
09-19-11, 13:01
Ive checked.

:lol:

MidwestRookie
09-19-11, 13:25
I ordered my stripped lower back on 9/1...

I just got the call Saturday 9/17 that it had come in...gonna go pick it up tonight.

Glad that I wasn't in any hurry...no problems here. I was just a little worried that I didn't have my FFL get in touch with them in time, but I guess I was ok thanks to the Labor Day weekend..

MistWolf
09-19-11, 14:03
Ive checked

Be very careful. Some unethical vendors are selling re-badged chinese made airsoft knock-offs

jklaughrey
09-19-11, 14:15
Be very careful. Some unethical vendors are selling re-badged chinese made airsoft knock-offs

Are these the ones with or without the free Gall Bladder intact. I know how they love those...almost as much as dried Deer Penis!

GTifosi
09-19-11, 14:47
Simple way of detecting knock offs:
If its not been through Larry Hagman, then its not a quality piece.

zacii
09-19-11, 16:37
I ordered my lower on 9/2, and just received an email from Palmetto State informing shipment tomorrow, via USPS

hals1
09-19-11, 16:49
Ordered mine the second too. I just got a email from them saying it should ship tomorrow. I guess they must have had a BUNCH of orders. I know I was waiting for a lower sale since I didn't have the money for the last sale (I spent it on an upper). I ordered some stuff from them the 6th and it got here the 16th. I guess BCUSA, G&R, Primary Arms, etc. have spoiled us.

strambo
09-19-11, 20:07
I got mine today, ordered on the 1st

GTifosi
09-19-11, 20:53
From the 'placed a recent order, but not for a receiver' group, I ordered 2 LPK's the day they went on sale (5th, 6th?) and they arrived on the 15th.

PSA sent the order confirmation but UPS never sent a tracking #, so it just kinda showed up on my doorstep unannounced.

hals1
09-19-11, 21:38
From the 'placed a recent order, but not for a receiver' group, I ordered 2 LPK's the day they went on sale (5th, 6th?) and they arrived on the 15th.

PSA sent the order confirmation but UPS never sent a tracking #, so it just kinda showed up on my doorstep unannounced.

I've had the same thing happen to me. I wonder if it's PSA or UPS?

GTifosi
09-20-11, 01:35
Basically PSA confirms your order via email notice to you and tells UPS there will be a box going through them so that UPS can create thier bill and in turn UPS sends you a 'hey, you're package info has entered our system' email, and from that point on UPS is in charge of delivering info and the package.

As in once the package is out of PSA's hands, its up to UPS to provide tracking, delivery and status info.

PSA website FAQ:
Q: Should I have received a confirmation for my online order?

A: Yes. When you complete an online order you should receive an email confirmation with order number and other order information. Occasionally confirmation emails are not delivered correctly or are caught in spam filters. Contact us by email (info at palmettostatearmory.com or use the contact form below). Please include your full name, address and email address to receive your order confirmation.

Q: Can you send me a tracking number when my order ships?

A: Your tracking number will be sent to you via UPS Quantum View.

steelonsteel
09-20-11, 19:29
I order my lower on Tues. Sept 13th, and received my e-mail notice saying my package shipped today, the 20th. That's 7 days from day of order to day of ship. Tracking info indicated it should be here in either 2 or 3 days, I will update again when it aries exactly, adn how it looks.

So far, Im very pleased with their service.

meausoc
09-23-11, 13:37

As informatin, I Just found out from PSA that these are high shelf lowers, so no RDIAS.

steelonsteel
09-23-11, 16:25
Lower arrived today. Appears to be excellant. It is hgh shelf, althogh I think for 95% of us this is truly a non-point. My LPK went into it with ease and works very well, very pleased. Had the entore lower assemble in about 20 minutes, and it went without hiccup trouble. I would gladly purchae another if I was needing one. Very happy customer!

hals1
09-23-11, 18:57
Ordered two of each type the second. As far as I know still not shipped. Emailed them Friday, they responded Monday that it should ship Tuesday. Got nothing. Emailed them Wednesday, still nothing.

zacii
09-26-11, 18:31
I ordered mine on 9/2. It shipped on 9/13, via USPS. Finally in hand today.

Other than the 3 week wait, everything went pretty smooth.

hals1
09-30-11, 07:08
Finally got mine (two bullets, two safe/fire). I never did get any shipping notification, but the FFL called me about noon yesterday and said they were in.
I've just had time to take a quick look, but they are all high shelf (no RDIAS) and have LW serial numbers. Each type has successive serial numbers and serial numbers are in the 5000s. The two types are about 400 apart though. Surface finish is very flat.

PalmettoStateArmory
09-30-11, 09:46
Surface finish is very flat.

If you spray them with synthetic gun oil and let it dry they will have a nice deep finish.

tommyh
09-30-11, 10:25
If you spray them with synthetic gun oil and let it dry they will have a nice deep finish.

Sooo, when's the next sale at this price? ;)

jungatheart
09-30-11, 10:55

Great question. I've got the bug now PSA.......

espnazi
09-30-11, 11:14
I've just had time to take a quick look, but they are all high shelf (no RDIAS) and have LW serial numbers. .

Can anyone confirm the statement above(pics)?
I was under the impression these were low-shelf since they say they are mil-spec.

munch520
09-30-11, 11:45
Can anyone confirm the statement above(pics)?
I was under the impression these were low-shelf since they say they are mil-spec.

confirmed high shelf with LW serials - FA is fun for about 3 minutes, until you realized accuracy was mediocre and you burned through $100

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t294/myersma2/3b96a284.jpg

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t294/myersma2/a8bdd806.jpg

PalmettoStateArmory
09-30-11, 13:11

I don't have any information on another sale at this time.

Yes, our lower receivers are high shelf.

Pork Chop
09-30-11, 14:03

Not that the $49.99 sale isn't great but, when you add the $7.00 shipping to each one you could just get them anytime at the $79.95 price and get 3 or more which comes with free shipping(anything over $200) and you're only paying about $20.00 more for each?

Twenty bucks is twenty bucks though, I know.

tommyh
09-30-11, 15:25
Not that the $49.99 sale isn't great but, when you add the $7.00 shipping to each one you could just get them anytime at the $79.95 price and get 3 or more which comes with free shipping(anything over $200) and you're only paying about $20.00 more for each?

Twenty bucks is twenty bucks though, I know.

just need one. anything over 2 in Tx has to be reported thanks to new regs from Barry.

hals1
09-30-11, 19:31

Yeah, I figured that.

zacii
09-30-11, 21:30
Yeah, I figured that.

It was a bit of a condescending answer...

hals1
10-01-11, 06:25
It was a bit of a condescending answer...

Wasn't meant to be condescending. Sorry you took it that way.