PDA

View Full Version : Getting my hands on BCM or DD

TXBob
08-31-11, 11:33
Getting a second AR.

First one is a franken gun (you know the story--TY AWB). But with several aspiring shooters in the fam, its time to "Do it right" for Dad's rifle.

I'd like a BCM or DD flattop railed 16 inch midlength, (recce style w/o fixed front sight)--but no one has anything in stock even to ship to my local FFL. I've thought of doing a local Lower (Black Rain) than slapping a good upper on it, but it just doesn't sit right. I'd rather do the whole thing right the first time.

Is it possible to order direct through my local FFL dealer from either company? For handguns I can always find Glock/S&W etc... Never seen a BCM/DD "in the wild" (or Noveske for that matter).

J-Dub
08-31-11, 11:35
I have one forsale lol

JW1069
08-31-11, 11:42
BCM BFH 16" with DD Lite 12" rail is in stock. :)

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-16-BFH-Mid-Length-Upper-Receiver-Daniel-p/bcm-urg-mid-16%20bfh%20ddl12.htm

ETA: Just order the BCM lower seperately. Print their order form off their site for either the "blem" or standard lower and you'll be GTG.

TXBob
08-31-11, 11:53
/facepalm

I didn't even realize i could get regular lower--only the blemish ones.

I'm going back to my hidey hole now.

Thanks for the heads up though...

JW1069
08-31-11, 12:06
/facepalm

I didn't even realize i could get regular lower--only the blemish ones.

I'm going back to my hidey hole now.

Thanks for the heads up though...

Trust me, you are not alone. :D

FWIW, I own both their standard and "blem" lowers and you'd be very hard pressed to find any differences between them other than the small "C" stamped on the front of the blem's magwell. Their blem's are the best value going for a complete lower, IMO. You're getting the same top quality BCM complete lower at a $90 discount and I'd rather put that savings into the BFH upper.

Mr. Goodtimes
08-31-11, 12:14
You won't typically find BCM, DD, Noveske, LMT, or KAC at your local rape shop. I see KAC and LMT locally every now and then but it's rare. Most people have never heard of BCM or don't know that DD even makes rifles.

You're best bet is to try G and R tactical. I ordered my upper from Bravo Company and then got my Bravo Company lower receiver from Grant.

Grant also sells Daniel Defense but if he doesn't have what you want I would check with a local shop as one of their distributors may have one in stock.

seand1111
08-31-11, 13:16
Xtreme guns and ammo in Richmond Texas have some BCM mid lengths in stock.

Not sure if they are listed on the web site, but they have some hanging on the wall.

TXBob
08-31-11, 15:07
That's a good heads up--a lot of the houston vendors visit us here and if you call them, they'll bring them to local gun shows.

seand1111
08-31-11, 16:38
That's a good heads up--a lot of the houston vendors visit us here and if you call them, they'll bring them to local gun shows.

I took a look on the wAy home. They are BCM midlengths with heavy barrel (no M4 cuts), free float rail, (looks like) a mod4 charging handle, blah blah blah. Their specials board had it listed for 1299, but I am sure you can get that down a bit more if you call.

zacii
08-31-11, 18:22
you can get a BCM mid length upper from G&R Tactical, and then swap out the FSB to a low profile.

Or, some guys just cut them down.