PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using the Blue Force Gear DAP 35" Discreet Case?

MPJMP
08-31-11, 12:13
I was all set to place an order for an Eagle case when I stumbled across this (http://www.blueforcegear.com/products/Denied-Area-Pattern%E2%84%A2-Discreet-Case-35.html) case from Blue Force Gear. Seeing as how impressed I am with the quality of my VCAS, I am considering this one as an alternative to the Eagle. All I need is protection for a 16" carbine with 30 round mag seated and T-1 optic mounted, plus secure storage for 3 to 4 additional 30 round PMAGS. I would most likely continue to carry all the other support gear in a separate range bag.

Anyone here using this case with an assembled 16" carbine? Thoughts? Comparisons with the Eagle case (DC-CAR-15-LE)? Pics with rifles are most welcome, as the BFG website is a little shy on detailed photos for this case.

Thanks,
Mike

Dennis
09-01-11, 12:51
I have both the smaller and bigger DAP cases and I think they are one of the higher quality cases out there. Especially in blue or bronze the pattern of the fabric and shape of the case are as non-gun as a long rectangular case can be. They are slimmer than other cases and don't have a huge side pocket like the Eagle discrete cases. Basically they are a long compartment with a padded divider with both walls lined with soft side velcro for attaching whatever you want.

I really like the shorter case in bronze to carry a broken down AR in non-permissive environments (nice hotels on vacation!) For discrete use the only better case would be the Emdom TNT gym bags.

So basically, they are a great case if slim and a less tactical look/feel are important considerations.

Dennis.

C4IGrant
09-01-11, 13:05
I use them.

C4

scottryan
09-01-11, 15:23
I have both the smaller and bigger DAP cases and I think they are one of the higher quality cases out there. Especially in blue or bronze the pattern of the fabric and shape of the case are as non-gun as a long rectangular case can be. They are slimmer than other cases and don't have a huge side pocket like the Eagle discrete cases. Basically they are a long compartment with a padded divider with both walls lined with soft side velcro for attaching whatever you want.

I really like the shorter case in bronze to carry a broken down AR in non-permissive environments (nice hotels on vacation!) For discrete use the only better case would be the Emdom TNT gym bags.

So basically, they are a great case if slim and a less tactical look/feel are important considerations.

Dennis.

I agree.

MPJMP
09-06-11, 16:50
Thanks for the replies and recommendations.

I ended up fnding a good deal on the Eagle case I was interested in and couldn't turn it down, but the DAP case will be on my short list next time around.

-Mike

Army Chief
09-06-11, 16:54
I have both (Eagle and BFG). Between the two, I find the BFG the more elegant solution, but this is a win-win proposition, so I'm sure you'll be pleased with your selection.

AC

jgcl05@yahoo.com
09-06-11, 18:40
Lined on both sides with loop velcro? That's pretty interesting, being able to customize the interior the way you want it. I might have to check one of these out.

acaixguard
09-15-11, 09:06
Quick question, would the 35" case fit an M4 with a 16" barrel and a 1" comp at the end, along with the Vltor stock that is stuck on the 4th position from fully collapsed? Asking this since I live in the commie state of NJ, so the pinned comp and stock that is pinned and fixed in place is a must for me.

Dennis
09-15-11, 10:44
Quick question, would the 35" case fit an M4 with a 16" barrel and a 1" comp at the end, along with the Vltor stock that is stuck on the 4th position from fully collapsed? Asking this since I live in the commie state of NJ, so the pinned comp and stock that is pinned and fixed in place is a must for me.

How long is your carbine? Is it less than 35"? You could likely angle it in a bit without having the stretch the case.

Dennis.

acaixguard
09-15-11, 10:59
Ha, I wish I could measure it, but I don't even have the upper yet. That's on order, so I only have the lower so far. I could look up specs, but I don't know what the actual length of the entire thing will be after the comp and stock are pinned in place.

Stephen_H
09-17-11, 09:36

Probably. A USGI Colt M4 with the stock fully extended is 33.5".

Stephen

QuietShootr
09-17-11, 09:52
Is the 28" case 28" on the INSIDE? I'm thinking that might be the hot setup for a folded SCAR.

Army Chief
09-17-11, 10:08
Is the 28" case 28" on the INSIDE? I'm thinking that might be the hot setup for a folded SCAR.

Just ran a little test for you. Bottom line is that a folded SCAR will fit in terms of length, but if you have an optic mounted (in this instance, an Aimpoint PRO), you'll experience some height issues because of the distance from the bottom of the pistol grip to the top of the optic. With the optic removed, this would be good to go.

Disclaimer: I have a BattleComp on my SCAR, and the standard FN brake would obviously make things just a bit tighter.

AC

QuietShootr
09-17-11, 10:11
Just ran a little test for you. Bottom line is that a folded SCAR will fit in terms of length, but if you have an optic mounted (in this instance, an Aimpoint PRO), you'll experience some height issues because of the distance from the bottom of the pistol grip to the top of the optic. With the optic removed, this would be good to go.

Disclaimer: I have a BattleComp on my SCAR, and the standard FN brake would obviously make things just a bit tighter.

AC

Hey, thank you. I have a bi-lock and an Aimpoint M3 on my SCAR, probably similar OAL to the Battlecomp.

C45P312
09-17-11, 11:04
Does anyone know if the DAP case will fit into a pelican 1700?